Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Civic Type-r 2007

Griffyn

I like it - not so keen on the backend, but overall it looks good. Probably not a car I'd ever have as it generally has a boy racer image but still a nice car

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Griffyn

• Bibbs

• Leeky

• Yaris SR Kid

I like it, its ok. now for the BUT....

I was reading in Auto Express that the new Type-R will be slower than the old one as it will have less power and be heavier, which sucks. Another BUT.....

I read on and Honda will be producing a Type-RR which will be more of a serious driving machine, more power, lightened, stripped down etc...

So when at the lights remember to look for the extra 'R' before you take on the chav in his bright yellow car :P .

found this

I can remember reading the article about the Type RR a few months ago in Top Gear. I was under the impression it was something TG had created due to Honda creating this RR versions with its bikes. I may be wrong though.

Joe

look for an old post by me about the civic .. there is a white/red one with a big kit on it that was touted as the RR ..

Just to clear things up Honda haven't announced a Type-RR but considering they have never done a Type-RR before even on the flagship NSX then I serioulsy doubt they will go down that route as it will water down the whole Type-R name they have worked hard to achieve. And where would the RR end, the Type-RR-R :lol:

Plus all Auto Express did was see that the new 5dr civic was heavier than previous 5dr so the new Type-R will definitely be heavier than the old one, probably true though but who knows! (Who trusts auto trader anyways, they don't get much right. Still waiting for this 300bhp 4wheel drive Civic Type-R which also has 60bhp electric boost button from an electric motor)

Also engine power hasn't been confirmed yet just thats its the same engine. This doesn't necessarily mean the same 197bhp in the euro-EP3. As I previously said the JDM EP3 has 220bhp. And well that extra 20bhp doesn't just come from the fact that in Japan they all use 100 ron fuel, that will help a bit as the car is set to run on 100ron and not 95.

Anyways Golf GTI is heavier and 197bhp so I dont see the problem here. The manual has a 0-60 of 7.2 compared to Honda's EP3 Type-R which was 6.6. But everyone still loves the GTI more :eek: I know 0-60 aint everything but alot of people bass a car upon that. I also don't imagine Honda producing a Type-R slower than previous model as that seems stupid. Even if the new Type-R is slower than older model will still be faster than the manual GTI (DSG doesn't count as who wants that rubbish) I mean look at the manual R32 is 0.1s faster 0-60 than the EP3. Considering the EP3 came out in the last millenium (99) then that is impressive considering the price and age difference!

But everyone prefers different things from a car. I am 20 so like cars manual, fast, loud and with great handling. The Type-R does all of this well and is still cheaper than the GTI which is not as loud, not as fast, but on UK roads does handle better than a Type-R but on a track the Type-R would win in my opinion.

Bibbs if your talking about the picture I think you are thats a photoshop job, sorry. Unless your talking about one of the concept pictures for the american SI which is a different car.

Yeah it was a concept .. the RR is a Honda "bike" term I believe.

And the same engine in a heavier car IS a downgrade.

Oh well, it looks like the Alfa's and Vauxhalls are winning the "hot hatch" race .. and that's just silly :D

The point is that just because its the same engine doesn't mean its going to have the same power output. The JDM has 220bhp as said a few times and the Integra Type-R DC5 also has 220bhp and the engine in that is also the K20 series. I believe Honda will up the revs or have a better airbox/exhaust to get 220bhp as, as you say it would be a downgrade to have a slower car.

The VXR has alot of power but can't get it down which is why its not as fast as the slower GTI round a track. "Power is nothing without control" great quote. Also you have got to remember the new Type-R is still going to be lighter than the GTI, VXR and so forth so it is likely to have better braking, handling. Plus power to weight is the key ratio not just BHP, and if the, and thats a big if, the CTR does have a LSD then that will also improve its handling so in my opinion is set to be King of the hot hatches as was the EP3 when that came out.

I'd like to see it in honda championship white

im a huge fan of the new civic i think it has a beautiful design and after driving one im in love with them :D

I think that looks very very nice indeed :drool: and I am saving up for one! :thumbsup: Can't wait to test drive one, just hope they have the performance to match

I heard that the new Type R is using a new engine which has same power/torque/0-60/top speed as the current type r but is a 1.8 :) So same results from 200cc less, also means cheaper insurance - better economy and it makes it into a lower company car tax bracket ;)

Oh yes i like this. This will have to be on my next to get shopping list for sure :drool::drool::drool: Cant wait :yes::yes:

jerry!!

Leeky Honda have already announced the 2.0L K20A engine from the previous CTR (EP3). So at least 197bhp on tap.

However the new 5door version civic has a 1.8L engine that is comparable to other companies 2.0L models. For example mazda's 2L in the mazda 3 sport produces a whopping 150bhp, also the same as the 2.0L FSI VW engine. I believe this is the engine which you are talking about :thumbsup: But won't be in the Type-R!

In the 5 door it takes the civic from 0 to 60mph in 8.6, however has 138bhp which is pretty good from a N/A 1.8 that isn't tuned very much, also combined MPG is 44.1 in case you wanted too know :P

To me it looks like a melted and squashed new punto - maybe it would look better in black/silver.....

For example mazda's 2L in the mazda 3 sport produces a whopping 150bhp

:laughing::laughing::laughing: :lol2:

i can imagine that in black :drool::drool:

i like it :yes:

I agree. I like it but in black or a mid to deep bue, it would look amazing. :yes:

I'm warming to it.... I'm sitting here with an old copy of What Car on my desk with the new Civic on the front and I really do like the style....

I guess it was just the colour that made me go :sick: but like Al says, a nice blue or black would go down a treat I reckon....

I'll stick it in the "maybe" pile... :lol:

I'm warming to it.... I'm sitting here with an old copy of What Car on my desk with the new Civic on the front and I really do like the style....

I guess it was just the colour that made me go :sick: but like Al says, a nice blue or black would go down a treat I reckon....

I'll stick it in the "maybe" pile... :lol:

Ha! That'd be the issue that helped me decide to pick a Toyota ;):lol:. Sounds like it anyway. :thumbsup:

If the old CTR engine wasn't Euro IV, they'll be doing well to get exactly the same performance and still conform to the new emission standards.

Paul.

Thats not bad, reckon it will look good in black or white :thumbsup:

There will only ever be one civic type r in my book the mighty 1.6 ek9 type r :thumbsup:

Is there going to be a new integra? or is the DC5 going to be with us for some time?

!Removed! colour, nice design. What kinda power we looking?

Honda are talking about a completely reworked engine, but still with power output of 197bhp.........aiming to keep up with the Focus ST, Astra VXR et al with a higher power:weight ratio. Not sure it will be able to pull that one out of the bag. Seems a lot of ground to loose........some 30+bhp. :unsure:

BTW - background to it is featured in both "Autocar" and "Evo" this month. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links