Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paseo Engine

carl:-)

hi im new to this foroum, and it looks a good source of info.

my question is does any one know if a 1989 corolla gti 4age engine will fit in a paseo. do the shafts etc fit? ive got the chance of both quite cheap and am thinking about making a quite quick track day car.

many thanks in advance

carl

hi im new to this foroum, and it looks a good source of info.

my question is does any one know if a 1989 corolla gti 4age engine will fit in a paseo. do the shafts etc fit? ive got the chance of both quite cheap and am thinking about making a quite quick track day car.

many thanks in advance

carl

Unfortunatly mate i don't think this is as easy as it seams

From memory the mounts are different & the loom doesn't match up..

Its a good swap if you can afford it though. There are a few high powered 'seo's in the US running 4age based cars.

J

J's right. use the search button though. you'll probably find some info. I know that two people have done that swap.

did a search and didnt find much. its the 16v lump id be using as ive got both cars very cheap.

apparently the mounts are different and the shafts are different? not bothered about wiring thtll be no problem.

so if anyones got any pics or info itd be greatly appriciated

too bad paseo pimp isn't around anymore. that would've given you all the info you need to know. i doubt any of the 4age members are on here, but James is right, the loom, and mounts are different. you shouldn't have to modify the subframe for the 4a as you would for the 3s. I've not heard about the driveshafts though.

These things are always more complicated than they seem. Engine mounts will have to be made (carefully designed otherwise the engine could rip itself out). Driveshafts may need to be made, wiring could be a b*tch.

Custom Motor Mounts and Battery Tray

Custom Downpipe

"A Wiring Nightmare"

Custom Axles

Basically wot i said.

• 1 year later...

Hi im new to the forum but i've been a paseo owner for a few years now and i love the car but about 2 months ago my engine went :( . I was wondering if anyone knew where i can get my oil stained hands on a workshop manual for a 1996 1.5 ST Paseo from?

Thanks

I've got a '95 one I'd consider selling