Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Get A Mr2 Delocked!

Jimlad

Ok my door handles are delocked and OMG!!!

If you set the alarm before the door shuts that's it!!.... car is dead locked and you have to break in with a coat hanger! Talk about an ***** pain!!

I've had mine de-locked for about 10months or so?? ....

This is about the 5th time I've been locked out!! Lmao!!!!

Gonna run out of coat hangers soon!!! Thinking of getting the AA out to do it this time!! lol.

hi :)

what you mean by delocked? sounds like its summat to avoid ...and i dunno what it is lol

thanks if u can explain :thumbsup:

He's removeed the "key" locks on the door handles, so it looks smoother

DSC02376.jpg

Delocked doors (no hole to put key into)

Jim there's an easy answer. Don't set the alarm until you shut the door!!

No problems with mine but did worry about when I left the car stood for a few weeks the Battery would go flat and then it's smash time! :yes:

Joe

thanks guys :) does look nice but i can see how it might cause a few issues esp if i did it lol ...dont trust myself to not have a key to get in lol

My old Nova (I know before you start) was de-locked and de-handled.

Re-routed the 'lock' mechanism to operate the door catch instead.

So when pressed the alarm, door popped open,

Then shut door, and press alam to set alarm.

Looked good, but a nightmare when alarm packed in when I was on holiday down cornwall, couldnt get in my car ! ha

hey guys where do you get the bits to have your car delocked? is there a replacement handle we can get or something like that?

A bodyshop would probably just fill over the lock or remove the lock and then fill the hole and paint it! :thumbsup:

nice one ryan :thumbsup: just curious whether someone had found a part no for a de locked handle or something. Cheers mate :)

Somewhere (can't remember) was selling de-locked handles or at least would de-lock yours .... can't remember now tho.

But yeah, it's as ryan said.. they fill the whole and remove the barrel etc.

My old Nova (I know before you start)

mate of mine had a Nova GTE, one helluva sweet car..... hed done a lot of performance stuff to it not cosmetic stuff and that car was one of the fastest things ive ever been in. stuck to the road like glue, accelerated at evil speed, and had nice power at speed. was a good car :)

Delocked doors (no hole to put key into)

Jim there's an easy answer. Don't set the alarm until you shut the door!!

No problems with mine but did worry about when I left the car stood for a few weeks the battery would go flat and then it's smash time!

Joe

looks good though mate tidys it up but i think joes got a point dont set the alarm till you shut the door:lol:

lol! sounds a right pain, im alright with the fiesta cos if the fob wont open the doors ive got mechanical entry on the boot - my fail safe as im forgetful aswell!

i thought you had to have at least one point of mechanical entry for insurance purposes? not like you can really do that with mr2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links