Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser

joni

I am currently tring to fit a remote start car alarm, does any one know how to by pass the immobiliser on a 1995 1.3 16 valve efi corolla. it has the transponder key. thans alot

You cannot bypass the transponder ECU as a "handshake" between this and the engine ECU must occur before the engine is allowed to start (fuel supply and ignition), it will crank over OK, however. The "handshake" only occurs if a registered key is detected in the ignition.

Yeh like mr-g said, immobilisers are made with the specific intent of NOT being able to be circumvented, so its not going to be easy - I don't know about your car, but certainly on newer cars the ECU handles all the immobiliser functionality internally. They will not do their engine managment functions until they are satisfied that you have the key to the car - no key = no engine electricals = no driving :)

The only vaguely practical way I can think of would be to either move or duplicate the immobiliser aerial from the ignition barrel somewhere else around the car (say in the engine bay in some kind of home made weatherproof box) along with one of the transponder chips from one of your keys - however, this would permanently disable the immobiliser, so I doubt your insurance company would like it much :D

As an aside, I did look into the possibilities of redoing the remote system for a car from scratch and Maplin sell an encrypted radio based system (based on something called Keeloq which apparently some car manufacturers use) for sensible money, including off the shelf remote fobs etc.

Good luck with it! :)

• 1 month later...

PM me and i'll tel you how to get around it...

• 1 year later...

Hi Beardie. I have a 98 Previa and we lost the last remaining key last week. I can get the key number from Toyota security so can get a key cut, but Toyota's quoting £1k to code it - about what the car's worth. You mentioned PMing you for info - what's PM? I looked for your private mail address with no luck and the forum wouldn't let me message you.

Cheers, Roger

(roger.holmes@orange.net, AIM: rholmes1105, mob 07812 144618)

• 4 months later...

hi i have a k reg previa with a similar problem

owners ex husband chopped out the alarm wiring

and took keyfob

i found the wiring for the alarm but cant find some wires on the loom to reconnect to

all the engine does is turn over its not firing at all

is there any way around this?

all i need is for the engine to start so she can use her car

i can be emailed on red_rat@live.co.uk

thanks for your time :)

i posted a similar thread but didnt get a response :( if for example i removed the ECU from my GXi and put in a spare ECU from another GXi will it work?

• 6 months later...

Hi we have just brought a 1996 NZ new Previa and unfortunatly it does not have the master programing key, I got a spare key cut but guess what it did not work.

Toyota dealer told me that the car did not have transponder fitted but looks like they where wrong.

Is there any way to program another key or disable the system.

Regards Matt