Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Alarm Key Fobs

sotal

• 3 weeks later...

Hi new member, found TOC on google whilst looking for a remedy to my dead key fob, was only able to put the alarm on at night with my spare as thats a bit tempramental to, but any way tried step 1 nothing but step 2 amazing it worked and did't cost me a penny. i have a P reg Paseo, love it! even more so now i can get in and out of it with out enraging the rest of the street. a big thanks to the member who posted the solution. :thumbsup::yahoo: i will definately check back now i've found TOC. Janine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not got chance to test this yet (as I can't find my non working keyfob!) but a lot of people have had problems with their keyfobs recently.

I've got a friend who works for the RAC and whilst he was round I got him to look up keyfobs etc for Celicas and there was a load of information which had been given to the RAC by Toyota Technicians.

Anyway the main points were:

FAULT: KEYFOB STOPPED WORKING BUT LED LIGHTS UP AND BATTERIES ARE OK

Step one.

Resync - Stand near the car and press both buttons together and hold them down for two seconds (this will only work with the car it was intended to work with)

Step two (if step one failed to work).

Reset Circuitry - Press and hold the furthest button away from the chain (arm button) now whilst keeping it held undo the screw on the back and remove the back cover - this will inturn remove the battery. Keep the arm button pressed down, wait atleast 10 seconds and then replace the back cover. Now release the arm button and test the remote. If it fails to operate try Step 1 again.

Step three. (If all else fails)

Unlock the car with the key, the alarm will sound for 30 seconds, during this time get in and close the door and turn the key to ACC. Wait until the alarm stops. Then start the car, this will temporarily disable the alarm for the journey. When you get to your destination open the door before you stop the engine. Once you close the door the alarm will rearm itself

I will try Step 2 as soon as I find the duff Fob!

I guess you could use the time that the alarm is temporarily disabled to open the bonnet and disconnect the siren. To save the 30 seconds of noise when you return to the car - but I also presume you would still have to wait the 30 seconds to start it???

Hope this helps someone - might be worth being put as a pinned topic if it works :thumbsup:

Cheers great advice, the key fob was driving me up the wall on my 97 rav, step 2 fixed my problem.

• 1 year later...

hi all this is such an EPIC post :D but i hav a slight problem i done the clutch change on my gen 6 celica gt. (not gunna lie to you all was a howlin job) but i reset my alarm after refitting my Battery but my alarm is now uber uber uber sensitive aswell wen i alarm the car the lights flash 3 times as before they flashed 2 times its annoying as heavy rain now sets my alarm off HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE please :crybaby:

• 2 years later...

OK, I have a Yaris T Sport 2002. I have the same problem. I will try the above solutions and see how I get on.

Rest assured, once I am able to reset the alarm I will be removing the Battery from both fobs and using only the key to lock and unlock my car. After all, the car is 12 years old now with a few minor bumps on it.

• 8 years later...
On 2/28/2006 at 11:25 AM, sotal said:

Not got chance to test this yet (as I can't find my non working keyfob!) but a lot of people have had problems with their keyfobs recently.

I've got a friend who works for the RAC and whilst he was round I got him to look up keyfobs etc for Celicas and there was a load of information which had been given to the RAC by Toyota Technicians.

Anyway the main points were:

FAULT: KEYFOB STOPPED WORKING BUT LED LIGHTS UP AND BATTERIES ARE OK

Step one.

Resync - Stand near the car and press both buttons together and hold them down for two seconds (this will only work with the car it was intended to work with)

Step two (if step one failed to work).

Reset Circuitry - Press and hold the furthest button away from the chain (arm button) now whilst keeping it held undo the screw on the back and remove the back cover - this will inturn remove the Battery. Keep the arm button pressed down, wait atleast 10 seconds and then replace the back cover. Now release the arm button and test the remote. If it fails to operate try Step 1 again.

Step three. (If all else fails)

Unlock the car with the key, the alarm will sound for 30 seconds, during this time get in and close the door and turn the key to ACC. Wait until the alarm stops. Then start the car, this will temporarily disable the alarm for the journey. When you get to your destination open the door before you stop the engine. Once you close the door the alarm will rearm itself

I will try Step 2 as soon as I find the duff Fob!

I guess you could use the time that the alarm is temporarily disabled to open the bonnet and disconnect the siren. To save the 30 seconds of noise when you return to the car - but I also presume you would still have to wait the 30 seconds to start it???

Hope this helps someone - might be worth being put as a pinned topic if it works :thumbsup:

Worked like a charm, thank you! 😊 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links