Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Air Suspension

Amazon Mark

I am just seeing if anyone has had issues with the variable height air suspension on their Amazon or Land Cruiser?

My Amazon is 12 months old. The first set of sensors went after 6 months and the new set have just gone again. What makes it worse is every time they go there is never any stock in the UK and they have to come from Japan - last time it took a month this time the garage has said a week but given the parts are not in the UK I am not hopeful. WHy are these parts always going wrong and why do Toyota never have stock in the UK - come Toyota HQ - whats your reason.

A les tahn satisfied Amazon owner with a question mark over the legendary reliability for the Amazon!

• 1 month later...

I am just seeing if anyone has had issues with the variable height air suspension on their Amazon or Land Cruiser?

My Amazon is 12 months old. The first set of sensors went after 6 months and the new set have just gone again. What makes it worse is every time they go there is never any stock in the UK and they have to come from Japan - last time it took a month this time the garage has said a week but given the parts are not in the UK I am not hopeful. WHy are these parts always going wrong and why do Toyota never have stock in the UK - come Toyota HQ - whats your reason.

A les tahn satisfied Amazon owner with a question mark over the legendary reliability for the Amazon!

My Amazon Nov 2001 which I bought Jan 2004 soon developed suspension problems. It took until Dec 2004 for anything to be done by Toyota, even then it had to go in for more attention last July and now it has started playing up again. Now it is outside warranty Toyota is saying they will not do a goodwill replacement. I feel, as they must have know the parts are unreliable that it is their responsibility. It only does about 7k per year so it is hardly a question of wear and tear. For an up market prouduct it is decidely not behaving like one. Like you, it makes you question Toyota's reputation.

• 1 month later...

My Amazon Nov 2001 which I bought Jan 2004 soon developed suspension problems. It took until Dec 2004 for anything to be done by Toyota, even then it had to go in for more attention last July and now it has started playing up again. Now it is outside warranty Toyota is saying they will not do a goodwill replacement. I feel, as they must have know the parts are unreliable that it is their responsibility. It only does about 7k per year so it is hardly a question of wear and tear. For an up market prouduct it is decidely not behaving like one. Like you, it makes you question Toyota's reputation.

We have had a very similar sounding set of problems with our Amazon air suspension. The car has been with them for four weeks and the fault has been traced to a broken wire on the right hand side of the chassis.

Apparently there is a bulletin out on the fault. Hope this helps

• 1 year later...
http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=749.

You may find this of interest.

My apology to site manager for posting link but this subject is covered and thought it may be of interest to your member

Realspeed

Regards those hight control sensors...

Better check with your local Toyota - I was told there is an extension up to 5 years old LC

I was disappointed when I bought my Invincible earlier this year as the slightly newer version came with variable height suspension, at a higher price of course!

After reading this I am glad I have the 'normal' sprung suspension which is unlikely to ever go wrong.

Good luck with your efforts to get the repairs carried out quickly :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links