Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

These ****** Wheels Again!

alanbradley

Right, I received my lurvely centralising rings and wheelnuts form Envy today and decided to pop outside at lunchtime to see how easy they were to install.

Well, I went to try the ring i the hole (so to speak :rolleyes: ) only to find it didn't fit. :censor: :ffs:

Closer inspection shows that there are metal rings (and OZ branded metal rings at that) already installed - obviously for the Focus that they were fitted to previously and that they're not the right diameter (this I knew).

So... does anyone know the correct method to remove these? I tried with a wee screwdriver - the only thing I could lay my hands on - to no avail.

I don't want to damage the wheels :(

Cheers in advance,

Alan

Edit: Here's a piccy - the rig's really obvious now I know its there...

OZ-Stud-bit-02.jpg

Waogh, that's manky ..

I had the same issue with my BBS spogot rings (that's the tech name) as they were for the MR2 not the S2000.

When I got them refurbed I had them removed (they are not needed). and it looks like there is a metal "clip" that was holding them in from the back. it's like a C shaped peice of wire .. take off the centre cap and have a look front the other side ;)

Yeah, they've been cleaned up a bit since the photo was taken!

Aha! - will do :thumbsup:

A

don't be scared to whack it with a hammer and punch or something.. it will come out before the wheel breaks everytime.. the ring will break before the wheel. don't worry about that. I do it on a daily basis.

Not all rtings have the wire clip.. it might just have "welded" itself in... belt it of do a bit on one side.. then the other.. till it works loose.. you might have to get at it through the bore hole from the front of the wheel.. don't let the punch slip lol

don't be scared to whack it with a hammer and punch or something.. it will come out before the wheel breaks everytime.. the ring will break before the wheel. don't worry about that. I do it on a daily basis.

Not all rtings have the wire clip.. it might just have "welded" itself in... belt it of do a bit on one side.. then the other.. till it works loose.. you might have to get at it through the bore hole from the front of the wheel.. don't let the punch slip lol

Cheers Davy - I was trying to catch you on MSN last night to ask you!

There's no metal clip, so it looks like its gentle persuasion tomorrow morning then...

Cheers again (I will get these blooming things on at some point :ffs: )

Alan

Take the centre cap off, stick a screw driver through and use a hammer ;)

Take the centre cap off, stick a screw driver through and use a hammer ;)

That's what I meant by "gentle persuasion" :D

Thanks again

A

might have to be more "gentle" tha nou think :lol:

Actually it only took 4 or 5 firm taps with a mash hammer on a chisel through through from the front. Piece of cake :D

Wheels now fitted and looking good...

Thanks again both... :thumbsup:

A

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links