Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need New Brake Pads

CraigT

Need to get the brake pads changed on the car this week. Havent really got any time to do it myself so was just going to get a garage to supply and fit them. Nice and easy.

Now Ive never had the brake pads replaced on the MR2 and will phone around a few places to get some quotes first.

How much can I expect to be looking at?

Pads

So £100 inc vat, 10% off for being on line .. £90. (Red Stuff Ceramic)

And doing the pads is daft easy. About 15 mins a corner TOPS. Why you'd pay someone is beyond me.

I just got bog standard ones from BrakesInternational... they do me fine... but im no Turbo :P and they are a lot cheaper....

As Ben said.. well easy to fit :)

im going for Endless pads in the near future, £120 per set but probably the best thing up to fitting a big brake conversion :yes:

Well Ive got a mate who will fit them for free, I'll watch him do it so I can confidently do it myself next time.

So......the ones you linked to Bibbs look like a very nice option. Cheers!

I'm running the red stuff ATM .. they are good, and cheap ..

I used to run Pagid but they needed warming up a bit before biting.

sorry to butt in but what's the difference between red stuff, yellow stuff and green stuff pads?

It's the temps they opperate at.

The higher the temps the better the pad (as it's disipating more energy).

The only issue is as you up the opperating temperature, you are usually upping the minimum opperationg temp too. So you have to "warm" up the pads.

My old Pagid "Fast Road" pads on the MR2 needed about a mile or two before getting up to temp. Made it a nightmare getting out the bottom of my road (on a hill) in the winter.

I think it's like this (only think mind)

Black - like stock

Green - feels like stock but a bit better

Red - works from cold, but a LOT better

Yellow - Race

I'm running the Pagid pads and they are awesome... once they're heated up. Amazingly so... certainly when combined with the 20 groove red.dot discs all round. They don't take that long to warm, but once they are warm, they'll stop you on a penny.

The MOT bloke was amazed at how much they held the rollers. He thought I'd had a big disc upgrade. Nice. :thumbsup:

not sure what ones i have fitted at the moment but i have a spare set of green stuff and spare yellow stuff in the boot, just wondered if worth using them at some point

red stuff are good enough for me.

I drove to nurburg did 15 laps then drove back and then did about a months worth of normal driving before they needed changing.