Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trip A & Trip B Odometer

Blue84

Hello All,

Have done a fair bit of driving this week & the Yaris Blue has gone over 10,000 miles now :o

I use the Trip A odometer to know how many miles the car has done between filling up at the Petrol station which is fine, this morning whilst waiting at a traffic lights I checked the Trip A and when going back to the normal mileage display I noticed that Trip B had started counting up too? It was a lot lower than Trip A and it's always on 0. So thinking it was just me having a daft moment reset it to 0. Tonight when I was waiting for my Mum outside a shop I checked it and it displayed 24 miles which is the amount I have done since this morning as it's my normal work-journey but I don't understand why it's now started counting up! Any idea's?

For a bit of bad news now, last week I had to reschedule the 1st 10K service/check thingy to yesterday but my Dad was admitted to Hospital 4am yesterday morning so I had to cancel it again for obvious reasons so it's been rescheduled for next Thursday now, when I am next off work :wacko:. It's only just over 10k so a little bit of a delay won't hurt surely? :unsure:

Thanks

T

Firstly, I hope you're Dad's okay :thumbsup:

The trip counters only go up to 9999 miles before going back to 0000. Both Trip A and trip B will always count - there's no way of stopping the counting.

Congrats on reaching 10k - although it happened a while ago for mine! if you're a little longer here or there then it won't make any difference. My 10k service was actually done at 10350-ish according to my service book.

:thumbsup:

Alan

Firstly, I hope you're Dad's okay :thumbsup:

The trip counters only go up to 9999 miles before going back to 0000. Both Trip A and trip B will always count - there's no way of stopping the counting.

Congrats on reaching 10k - although it happened a while ago for mine! if you're a little longer here or there then it won't make any difference. My 10k service was actually done at 10350-ish according to my service book.

:thumbsup:

Alan

Thanks Alan, appreciate it :thumbsup: I never realised they both counted, you can see why all the technical stuff is left for Yves lol, Trip B is on something like 296 miles yet the mileage is something like 10,090 so that couldn't have reset?

I imagine I am missing something really obvious about this but it's been a mad two days :!Removed!:

First of all, wishing your Dad a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

Yes, both A and B trips count up. I sometimes reset them both to zero at the start of the week. I use A to tell me the miles done in a day, then reset it. Leaving trip B alone will tell me the total for the week.

The second trip (B) is just to allow you to do another count - you can reset A and B independantly.

The 10k thing wont hurt - most dealers say dont let it go past 500miles either way - but I wouldnt worry - a car with that low mileage isnt going to come to any harm.

Just make sure theres oil, water etc

Women :lol::lol:

:P

And before you ask ...... if you drive backwards it doesn't take off the miles either ;) !

I was told once that if you don't know the answer than ask, so that is what I did thank you :P

I'm interested in cars so like to have an understanding of how things work, now I do so I'm happy!

Will check all engine levels tomorrow, does anyone have a spare valve-cap to go on the tyre air valve by any chance? The Yaris Blue is missing one :ffs:

Halfrauds or Motor World can help you out there. Pack of four but they cost buttons.

Or if there's a tyre fitters or garage nearby jut ask if they've cost a spare one.

...does anyone have a spare valve-cap to go on the tyre air valve by any chance? The Yaris Blue is missing one :ffs:

I would buy a set (4) of TYRE VALVE EXTENDERS in place of the caps. They, extending the tyre valves by 40mm, provide greater accessibility when inflating or checking tyre pressures. Ever since I had them in my last car, I would not go without them. They help my nerves no end when trying to lineup the nozzle with the tyre valve. Their axes have to be aligned spot on, or else the tyre inflator just cries foul! £3.99 for a set from Halfords.

--

Bee.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links