Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hiace / Alternator Belt Broke, Help

johnandsarah

:crybaby: MY BEAST FAILED TO START FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, Battery WENT DEAD. FOUND THAT A ALTERNATER BELT HAD SHREDDED, AND WE THINK IT HAD BEEN BROKEN FOR A WEEK, COS SOMETHING MADE A NOISE IN THE ENGINE BAY WHEN TRAVELLING ALONG THE MOTORWAY AND ONLY LASTED A FEW SECONDS, BUT DID NOT EFFECT THE CHARGING AS THERE WAS A SECOND BELT,, WHY THERE IS 2 I DON,T KNOW, Battery ONLY WENT FLAT WE BELIEVE TO DOING SHORT TRIPS AROUND TOWN AND THE KIDS WATCHING DVD,EVEN WHEN WE HAVE PARKED UP, BELIEVE ME ITS EASIER TO LEAVE THE 6 KIDS IN THE CAR WATCHING A FILM THAN DRAG THEM AROUND THE SHOP!!! :D SO THEREFORE NOT ENOUGH CHARGE WAS REPLACING THE Battery. IS IT NESSARY TO REPLACE THE SECOND BELT AND IF SO HOW EASY IS IT

• 1 month later...

:crybaby: MY BEAST FAILED TO START FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, BATTERY WENT DEAD. FOUND THAT A ALTERNATER BELT HAD SHREDDED, AND WE THINK IT HAD BEEN BROKEN FOR A WEEK, COS SOMETHING MADE A NOISE IN THE ENGINE BAY WHEN TRAVELLING ALONG THE MOTORWAY AND ONLY LASTED A FEW SECONDS, BUT DID NOT EFFECT THE CHARGING AS THERE WAS A SECOND BELT,, WHY THERE IS 2 I DON,T KNOW, BATTERY ONLY WENT FLAT WE BELIEVE TO DOING SHORT TRIPS AROUND TOWN AND THE KIDS WATCHING DVD,EVEN WHEN WE HAVE PARKED UP, BELIEVE ME ITS EASIER TO LEAVE THE 6 KIDS IN THE CAR WATCHING A FILM THAN DRAG THEM AROUND THE SHOP!!! :D SO THEREFORE NOT ENOUGH CHARGE WAS REPLACING THE BATTERY. IS IT NESSARY TO REPLACE THE SECOND BELT AND IF SO HOW EASY IS IT

If the second belt is still in place ,the Battery is still being charged as it should.You need to have the Battery checked as it appears to not be holding the charge.Anyway the second belt is a backup so you should replace both belts as soon as.

:crybaby: MY BEAST FAILED TO START FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, BATTERY WENT DEAD. FOUND THAT A ALTERNATER BELT HAD SHREDDED, AND WE THINK IT HAD BEEN BROKEN FOR A WEEK, COS SOMETHING MADE A NOISE IN THE ENGINE BAY WHEN TRAVELLING ALONG THE MOTORWAY AND ONLY LASTED A FEW SECONDS, BUT DID NOT EFFECT THE CHARGING AS THERE WAS A SECOND BELT,, WHY THERE IS 2 I DON,T KNOW, BATTERY ONLY WENT FLAT WE BELIEVE TO DOING SHORT TRIPS AROUND TOWN AND THE KIDS WATCHING DVD,EVEN WHEN WE HAVE PARKED UP, BELIEVE ME ITS EASIER TO LEAVE THE 6 KIDS IN THE CAR WATCHING A FILM THAN DRAG THEM AROUND THE SHOP!!! :D SO THEREFORE NOT ENOUGH CHARGE WAS REPLACING THE BATTERY. IS IT NESSARY TO REPLACE THE SECOND BELT AND IF SO HOW EASY IS IT

hi there we are considering buying a toyota hiace japanese import campervan (1993). how easy is it to get parts for these vehicles and have you found yours relable? we have new twins and want to be able to get to a few festivals and holiday in spain. do you find these are ok on rough roads?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links