Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello

peterart

Hi all, I've just bought a 1999 freesport 5dr auto and I'm in love. What a lovely car to drive. Only problem I have is the previous owner put go-faster transfers on the wings - how the hell do I get 'em off? It looks like they'll start flaking if I try to peel them. All advice welcome. B)

Hi all, I've just bought a 1999 freesport 5dr auto and I'm in love. What a lovely car to drive. Only problem I have is the previous owner put go-faster transfers on the wings - how the hell do I get 'em off? It looks like they'll start flaking if I try to peel them. All advice welcome. B)

Welcome to the RAV4 section of the TOC :thumbsup: and i must say you have made a great choice in vehicle, i've always liked the early limited addition models with the fat wheels and wide arches :) .

As to the sticker on your car, try using a hair dryer to warm the sticker ( not to hot though :rolleyes: ), once you get an edge up with your finger nail, then keep the heat on and try pull it off in one go.....good luck.

Welcome ...

Hair dryer is the way to go - will be interesting if the paint has faded below - what colour is your RAV ?

Thanks guys, I'll try the hair dryer when it stops raining! It's that sort of Toyota metallic goldy silver colour - I'll put some piccies on when I've got these stickers off......................they keep making me overtake things. :yes:

Just a note about the strips, sometimes peole add strips to hide paintwork scratches....i hope that not the case :( ....fingers crossed :yes: .

'Tis done. The strips came off with no problems, thanks a lot for the advice. :thumbsup: Just spent 4 hours cleaning it - it was supposed to have been valeted..............ha! I shall now go and have another play. :D

Glad it all went to plan :thumbsup: ......so with no strips ,she's not as fast now :D :D B) .

Faster................not as much weight. :driving: I found a rust spot when I took off the spare wheel bracket, so I dutifully put Kurust on, and went to the local dealer for a touch up pen. Guess who got a ltd colour car? He said they would have to order it as the shade of silver was only used on the Freesport - I now have to try really hard not to scratch it! :lol:

Faster................not as much weight. :driving: I found a rust spot when I took off the spare wheel bracket, so I dutifully put Kurust on, and went to the local dealer for a touch up pen. Guess who got a ltd colour car? He said they would have to order it as the shade of silver was only used on the Freesport - I now have to try really hard not to scratch it! :lol:

Another option is to unbolt the petrol flap , go down to Halfords and match the colour up in the racks.

Grrrrrrrrr..................I went to Halfords, nice touch up silver paint all marked clearly at £3.99, picked one up, grabbed a Kurust pen, went to checkout, nice lady said the paint was £6.95..............took her to where it said £3.99 and she said.............honest............."It must have gone up"........!!!!!!! Computer says no! No wonder they've no customers - I keep telling myself not to go back, but after throwing aforementioned paint at her till, I don't think I will be for a while! :ffs:

Grrrrrrrrr..................I went to Halfords, nice touch up silver paint all marked clearly at £3.99, picked one up, grabbed a Kurust pen, went to checkout, nice lady said the paint was £6.95..............took her to where it said £3.99 and she said.............honest............."It must have gone up"........!!!!!!! Computer says no! No wonder they've no customers - I keep telling myself not to go back, but after throwing aforementioned paint at her till, I don't think I will be for a while! :ffs:

Halfords commonly refered to as Halfrauds......

It's the next step up from PC World they employee mupets.......

Legally they have to sell it at the advertised price, if they forget to remove/change the displyed price it's there problem. Shame, it's too late now to argue it.....

I'd already explained that to her, she called the 'Manager'....................he must have been on his dinner break from school, waste of time. It's a shame really, nice shop, decent gear, not too bad prices, run by !Removed! morons. :yes: