Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Tsport

Yarisboy

Hi,

situation is this:

My dad is very shortly buying a new car, he's ruled out leasing altogether and has upto around £17k to spend in replacing his full spec'd vw bora 4motion

so far he's considered, and test drove both the impreza wrx and sti, wasn't blown away by the wrx and says he would need to buy the 265bhp kit if he was going to get a wrx.

the other option however that he is very interested in (probably because of the price :rolleyes: ) is a Tsport corolla which he can obtain for £12.5k

So your job (please :D ) is to give me a list of options, mods, stats, specs, pro's, con's, etc etc and prices of everything you list so I can present it to him in such a fashion that he simply can't refuse to buy a CTS! :lol: (and then i can buy it off him in 3 years! :hokus-pokus: )

He doesn't very much like the look of the standard CTS though and i've mentioned to him spoilers, lowering, etc etc and he's sort of swaying away from it towards a jaguar (nooo!)

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated :yes:

oh and any pictures of your lovely CTS's would be fantastic :eek:

thanks in advance

Sam

remember i have contacts in TTE, and there's some cracking stuff coming out for it soon..........

biggest thing of all.......the compressor :thumbsup:

thanks m8 :thumbsup:

i'll mention the compressor to him, I don't suppose you could give me a little insight as to what other cracking stuff might be arriving for it soon? :eek::yes: B) :D :lol: :hokus-pokus:

cheers

:shutit:

all i will say is TTE will be on the LOC stand at JAE :thumbsup: .......Maybe have a quiet word with them :yes:

biggest thing of all.......the compressor :thumbsup:

are you sure it will definite come ?

'cause everytime I phoned with TTE the answer was the same :" No, it won't come !"

WELL maybe the boxes i saw being unloaded were not s/c, but the label said they were :yes:

Sam dont bother with pics

Just go for a test dive once he hits 6200 rpm amd the lift comes in he will buy one

I did

the other option however that he is very interested in (probably because of the price  ) is a Tsport corolla which he can obtain for £12.5k

Yarisboy your dad can get it for 12.5k how does he do it? :thumbsup: :)

well 12.5 is low spec

13 - 13.5k from a car supermarket with full leather trim

14k from dealer

when you said low spec how do you mean ,cos cts is a high spec car what else to add apart from leather sitting or sat nav

if you can get the car for 12.5k then go for it doesn't matter if you dont have leather or sat nav cos you can add all that and more after :thumbsup:

Why should you buy?

Hmmm...

Tell your dad this;

The CTS is the finest hot hatch on the market.

The CTS delivers 141kw or 190bhp from only 1.8 liters with out the use of forced induction. It has over 100bhp per litre, which means its appetite for power is a genuine deal.

When you jump in the drivers seat with excitement, you turn the key and wake the beast up. It awakes and warms quickly. You begin your journey with a fixed smile, with a sense of saftey, warmth, quality and power in mind. All is going well. Then, for the first time you put your foot down and mash the throttle from the lights, little wheel spin, revs build to 4k, then induction noise hardens, tempo becomes sharper.. then... F**k'n BANG! as the needle swings past 6k the lift is sensational as it launches you hard into the red line as you shift to 2nd, cheerp!, 3rd, cheerp!.. The lift is incredible, you totally forget your in a NA 1.8L...

Then you go home wondering how many tickets you'll get in the mail..

VVTi-L, the 'L' stands for LAUNCH.

---------------------------

Daniel

Hey guys...

I'm in a bad bad fix... I originally wanted a Sportivo (Oz T-Sport) and now dad says, if I get the Accord Euro, he'll buy it for me. Man.... what a dilemma. Please give me some ideas on how to change his mind... Price of Sportivo (RRP) AU$29,990, Proce of Accord Euro (RRP) AU$34,250.

Here are the specs of both. I'm sure you know the 2ZZ-GE's details so I won't reiterate that.

Sportivo:

Full leather trim, 6 CD stacker, full size alloy spare wheel. Front airbags

No traction control, no stability control, no side airbags.

Accord Euro:

2.4 litres, 140 kW (187.7 bhp)

Cloth trim, 6 CD stacker, space saver spare wheel.

Traction control, stability control, front and side airbags

The Accord is a different class of car (family car), but you know fathers... Damn.. I'm already living 7000 km away from him and still he wants to influence my choice of car.

But then again, the Accord has almost the same power, more torque (223 Nm @4500), and 150 kg heavier. and more boot space.

Regards,

Aaron

2zz-ge sportivo

thanks for that, after the test drive I can appreciate what you're saying :yes:

would have liked to have a little longer with the experience though but nevermind, looks as though we'll be getting a CTS within a few months, and already he's asking me to find ways of cranking up the bhp :rolleyes:

sam

Hey guys...

I'm in a bad bad fix... I originally wanted a Sportivo (Oz T-Sport) and now dad says, if I get the Accord Euro, he'll buy it for me. Man.... what a dilemma. Please give me some ideas on how to change his mind...

Aaron,

Before you can perswade your dad you need to have a good understanding about both cars..

Traction control, stability control and side airbags are no biggies, traction control sucks in a front wheel drive car, it serves no real purpose for people who can drive.

Compare fuel consumption, the corolla is 8.5L per 100kms.. remarkable for a 190bhp car.

The 2zz-ge engine won engine of the year for 1.5L - 1.8L class (world wide), so this means it has less emissions, more power, less fuel consumption and wieghs less, (Beat BMW & mercedes)...

Other things you could work off:

Toyota-Saftey-Cell

ABS with EBD

Leather trim

6-in-dash CD \ 6 Speakers (nice Bass)

10 spoke alloys

Grippy French turnaza rubber 195\6

Keyless entry \ Imobilser

Split fold seats

VVTL-i is amazing tecnology

Air-con

Electronic Auto Climate Control

Celica 6-speed manual (only)

It's a comfy, reliable car that goes fast for cheap.

hope i could help........

-----------------------------------------

daniel

The Accord is a different class of car (family car), but you know fathers... Damn.. I'm already living 7000 km away from him and still he wants to influence my choice of car.

So, if you don't want him to influence your choice of car, earn money to buy it yourself... :eek:

And I never got below 12l/100km driving my CTS.

Hehe, I earn enough to buy myself a 2nd hand Skyline GT-Ts R33! But you know parents. Always wanting to have a say in everything. I've been living on my own for 6 years now 7000kms away from them and I'm earning my own to support all my living expenses and hobbies. My dad is still the old fashioned kind, with the mentality that parents are always right (it's not wrong, but I feel that for some items such as cars/bed/house, the owner/driver should make the decision).

The Accord has everything the CTS has except for the leather seats (which I can get for an extra AU$3000). At this point, I see that I am fighting a losing battle. On the bright side, I still get the 6-speed manual, 187hp, all the other perks that the CTS has BUT the fact that I am driving a damn family car. I just saw a mother with a little girl and toddler in a pram get into an Accord and "vroom vroom'ed" off. Yes, it was the 6-speed manual version. I just feel that I'm being forced to give up on my dream car (any car with a GE engine) and shoved into a life of family-hood.

I could just go ahead and buy the Sportivo/T-Sport, but I can just imagine being disowned when he finds out!

Regards,

Aaron

And I never got below 12l/100km driving my CTS.

Hehe, I can imagine the same for me. I think 80% of the time I would be in Lift!

Aaron

Traction control, stability control and side airbags are no biggies, traction control sucks in a front wheel drive car, it serves no real purpose for people who can drive.

Compare fuel consumption, the corolla is 8.5L per 100kms.. remarkable for a 190bhp car.

Toyota-Saftey-Cell

ABS with EBD

Air-con

Electronic Auto Climate Control

In fact the traction control and stability control were major reasons why

I decided to buy the Corolla. Even if you are a very experienced

driver I doubt you will be able to get off the line more quickly without

the traction control than with it.

I find that if I give it plenty of revs and then pop the clutch the tyres

squeal for a brief moment and then there is the duh-duh-duh-duh

of the traction control working for quite a while even on a dry road.

Although the engine is out of the high lift zone, it will still spin the wheels

if the traction control is turned off. And even when you change up

to second, you sometimes still get a bit of traction control in the dry.

I think the engine is quite light, the stock tyres are 195s and there isn't

as much downward pressure on the wheels as there would be if you

had a 2.5 or 3 litre block. That is good news for the cornering

though ;)

As for the stability control ... I tested the Corolla at Silverstone on one of

the Toyota track days last year. They had a course set up in the car

park with a row of cones having a sharp left then right turns after

about 50m or so. The pro driver in the car with me explained that we

were going to floor the accelerator and then yank the wheel over

to the left then back to the right to get round the bends. He did it

first and then I had a go. At about 40-50mph in 2nd you had to spin

the steering wheel as fast as physically possible to get the nose left

then right in short order. However, despite the pouring rain and the

nasty broken concrete surface the car didn't slip and neither of us

clobbered any cones. This showed me two things---the grip on even

the standard car is rather impressive, and also the power steering

doesn't cop out when switching direction very quickly, a fault affecting

the Honda CTR.

It isn't just that the cornering controller helps you not to wipe out, but

it's also that you get a visible then audible warning before this is

about to happen.

The ABS/EBD brakes are also good, 60-0 in 2.9sec. That is

Impreza STI or Evo VIII territory. And the car is very stable under

heavy braking, probably due to the long wheelbase.

As for the fuel consumption, I get 36mpg average on the work route,

part motorway, part 30 zone, part A-road. And there is normally

the opportunity to use the 6200-8200 zone a few times each trip :lol:

For safety, look at http://www.euro-ncap.com ---the Corolla does

well.

The standard auto air-con is also a smart move from Toyota. Used

CTRs are not shifting without the optional air-con.

Overall the Corolla is a nicely polished gem which seems to have

escaped the attention of most of the motoring journos. Having had

mine for 10000 miles now I'm very pleased with it :)

Paul T,

Was debating with my self whether to supercharge my Yaris Tsport or get a Corolla TSport. CTS has just jumped up a few pegs :thumbsup:

Surinder..

Hehe, I earn enough to buy myself a 2nd hand Skyline GT-Ts R33! But you know parents. Always wanting to have a say in everything. I've been living on my own for 6 years now 7000kms away from them and I'm earning my own to support all my living expenses and hobbies. My dad is still the old fashioned kind, with the mentality that parents are always right (it's not wrong, but I feel that for some items such as cars/bed/house, the owner/driver should make the decision).

Although this is not a parent/child forum I'll write some more on this.

I know your situation, because not long ago, when I was buying my CTS I had to convince my dad not to give me half the money for the car... Then he offered, he'll lend me the money, and I can pay him off in convinient installments... :eek: . He very much wanted to interfere, wanted to help me.

But I rejected his offers... and you know what - I have exactly the car I want, it's 100% earned by me (great satisfaction) and - what is most important - I earned a lot of respect from my father...

Think about that. B)

One more thing: your dad will treat you as a child (supporting, interfering and stuff) only as long as you allow him to do this. if you show him you're really on your own, he'll bugger off.

Paul T there's some really good info in that post, thanks alot...

I never realised the CTS brakes were as good as that! :o

will definitely have to show that information to my dad, another point for the corolla again :D