Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Easy?

tonycommander

Just (Well yesterday) picked the missus new car (54 plate, '04, 3dr, T3, 1.6vvti)...

Which to be honest is a lovelly car, but having said that the 2 things that I'd of liked to seen on it are cruise and heated mirrors... neither of which really bother her!

So, coupla questions..

Is it an easy(ish) job to have either added?

Main dealer, or independant?

Anyone know a good independant garage around Worcs/Malvern for this sort of stuff?

And while I'm here - whats involved in getting it's SAT-NAV enabled?

thanks in advance fro any replies guys!

Well since no-one has replied with any firm info - here's my take:

Heated wing mirrors - depending on the wiring system used, you may find that there is a wiring loom already in place in the door for the heating elements in the mirrors, but you would still have to buy at least the mirror glass for each side - on my car just the heated glass mirrors are about £50 a side, so its not going to be cheap - you may well have to buy the whole mirror units to get the wiring link to get from the wiring loom (if its there) inside the door out to the mirror glass, and these are about £130+ a side I seem to remember (without any painting that may be required, or fitting).

Cruise control - no idea if this can actually be done after the car is built, especially since I'm not sure any of the Corolla range has cruise control - that would be a question to the dealer I would say, but again its going to be expensive I would imagine.

Sat Nav should be easy to do but don't expect that to be cheap - you will need at least the CD/DVD drive box and a disc to go in it, as well as a linking cable, and they aint cheap unless you can get one off eBay.

Good luck with it all - personally, I woudn't bother with any of the options, given the amount of agro involved, but its different if you are doing it 'for fun' if you get my meaning :) Don't forget you can get portable sat nav systems for washers these days, which are quite often better than the inbuilt systems in terms of functionality!

I seem to remember that Cruise control is available only in other parts of the world - Remember that it is built in many different countries it's mentioned in the manual, but I don't think even the Tspirit has it.

David.

Don't forget you can get portable sat nav systems for washers these days, which are quite often better than the inbuilt systems in terms of functionality!

rotflmao at that mate... Should've explained - She does have standalone routing (TomTom) on her mobile phone (Nokia 6680) but that does mean she needs to keep both the GPS and phone charged. no mean task in itself.

Something thats always on and available would be better for her as being a mobile hairdresser she can get lost now and then bless her.

Ahh well - SatNav on phones is generally pants I'll admit :) - however, a standalone tomtom box that you can stick to the windscreen is only £200-£300 and for that you get colour screen and 3D mapping etc. - on my car I think the only version of sat nav available when new was the monochrome low res 2D version, and I imagine it was at least a grand to buy. I think the newer Corollas have a much better satnav option, but its list price in this file http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/UK_car_prices/i...rices_Mar06.pdf is £1150 or £2000 (!) for the full colour system, and thats factory fitted - probably at least another hundred more expensive to have a dealer fit it for you. Still not sure if its any better in terms of functionality from a £300 tomtom box though ;)

My first post although I've been lurking for a while.

Can confirm that cruise control is not an option on the Corolla (been reading the brochure rather a lot recently prior to ordering a T Spirit for the wife :bookworm: ).

I agree that TomTom is a better option than Toyota factory fit satnav (who in their right mind wants to part with that sort of money and not be able to take it with them when selling the car? :wacko: )

BTW (slightly off topic!) anyone thinking of ordering a T Spirit may find that they will have a long wait.

:ffs: Toyota are concentrating production on the Colour Collection for the next 8 weeks or so.

I've been quoted the end of May for delivery :dots:

I used to have a Corolla E12 (T3 in UK) and I inquired about crise control. I was told that it could be retrofitted but would cost an arm anda leg. I think Toyota uses Cruise controls from Rostra as they have brand specific mounting hardware (connectors, cabling etc.)

You can find mounting instruction for navigation (TNS 300) here.

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aim_Schre...0132&d=1&admin=

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links