Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Ts

Surinder

hi..

just spent the last few hours looking at TUNEACAR, could spend all day there spending virtual cash :)

Spotted the Blitz supercharger there for £2800. Was wondering if anyone has had one fitted?

Also whats the real world differance between a supercharger and a turbo, i know what they do mechanically and i have been in a turbo'd car. Just never been in a supercharged one.

Heard the noise Zee's car makes when he went home after the factory tour, sounded awesome :thumbsup:, supercharger sounds a lot better than a turbo in my opinion.

Gonna start saving for the SC and the insurance hike that will no doubt come with it. So hopefully this time next year i will be able to get my hands on one :D :D :D

:ph34r:

Also heard that toyota will be releasing the turbo kit as a factory fitted option next year, but not as an aftermarket upgrade/add on :(. Mainly because the kit will include new wheels, body styling, turbo, traction control etc. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Its a shame if they do do this, i think the new yaris's don't look as good as the old ones (no offence to anyone who's got one, i'm just a fussy git and dislike those headlamps).

:ph34r:

Surinder...

Ive looked into the supercharger kit. BUT, no one seems to be able to tell me the power outputs???? I would love to have the cash to try it! :blink:

Dan :thumbsup:

A supercharger would definitely be awesome ;) :o

will be over £3k though including insurance which is steep!!

some figures on the output would be very helpful dan I agree :yes:

30bhp was mentioned.... i came around slowly then said thanks but no thanks.... yes it will sound nice but can you justify £3000 for 30 bhp???? to me it sounds silly.

for that kind of gain its defo. not worth it :(

but realistically how much extra horsepower can be gotton from the 1.5 block, without having the replace components with stronger replacements?

I thought the SC might push it to 150+, still a bit steep for what you get but better than an extra 30.

Does anyone know what the price differance is between the vitz rs and the turbo version?

yeah i kno, just wandering what the differance was between their normal Vitz RS (tsport) and the new Vitz RS Turbo version.

give us an indication what the differance may be if it ever comes out in the uk.

Ummm..... I dont know the power outputs sorry, but i do know the turbo version will not (at the moment) be available over here.... its an ongoing debate that no one wants to end.... the last thing i heard was they could get the cost down and they were worried that it wouldnt sell in this country. :unsure:

it's unlikely you'll see it here in the UK because it will be dangerously close to mini cooper S land... in other words it will be more expensive than a corolla TS and they don't see enough market potential to bring it here

and the difference is, it has a turbo :)

naahhh :)

price differance was the original question. Oh well, just have to keep an eye out in the import market :eek:

According to the toyota rep, last year at the motorshow. its supposed to be capped at 150bhp, with 40% more torque. He mentioned £3,000 for the factory fitted option.

But saw a turbo yaris in finland last month, not the official one, some bloke had added his own. It shifted, he told me his 0-60 time was sub 6 seconds, and top speed off 150mph.

Although when he tried to show me, it just sat there and wheel spinned like mad for about 4 seconds on the cobbled road :)

surinder..

I think turbo is the better option for you if you want significant gains on performance.

With a Blitz SC you can gain about 15 or 30 more ponies, but with a turbo setup, you may gain 35 or 40+ ponies without sacrifying the engine's internal components like pistons, valves, cams, etc. but this is depending on which engine you have (1NZ-FE, 2NZ-FE OR 1SZ-FE). Another thing, a SC is more expensive than a turbo setup... :yes:

These are not official numbers, but i'll post info about the difference between a SC and a turbo, spec of the Yaris t-sport turbo and prices of each setup.

you may quaff at a 30bhp increase with the supercharger, but there are fundimental points in favor of the s/c

1. its more reliable(will last 3 times a turbos life..minimum)

2. it will be producing extra torque and bhp from the moment you hit the gas(unlike a turbo)

3. generates very little heat..(unlike turbos)

4. is a sealed unit and requires no maintainance

6. power is linear...

7. overall the s/c set up is lighter than a turbo

8. unlike mentioned above, a s/c is much easier on the engine than a turbo.......much much easier!!

9. more economical

IF you want a TTE turbo set up, contact any mainland european dealer, they can be fitted, and are on sale now

Once owner of a s/c car...... :thumbsup:

yes they have developed one......if you are at JAE, TTE will be there on the Lexus stand :thumbsup:

if your defo coming , let Ryan know so he can update the list, so we can make sure you have a spoy on the stand.

will you be there all weekend

I agree with IS200, but a SC is a little more expensive than a turbo, in my opinion.

It depends on the car too, and what you want for performance gains, if you want some bhp & torque, power on demand and no plans of upgrading your engine, the SC is your choice. But if you want more bhp's & torque, more agressively performance, top end speed & future plans on upgrading performance on your engine, then go with the turbo.

I'm going to make a turbo setup for my 2NZ-FE, is going to put an estimate of 130bhp at 5psi of boost (86bhp stock). i'll let you know later about my proyect :ph34r:

Hi echo freak

130 bhp in a yaris woo thats really going to shift mate. You will have to invest in some more new front tyres after about a month of use i think :P

jerry!!

hehe! yeah, those are big numbers for my little 1.3lts. I hope it gets more bhp's than the numbers i've estimated :thumbsup:

When i start on my project, i'll post some pics of the setup later B)

just asked TTE about their yaris compressor,

increase's..

power approx. 36bhp,

torque approx 45Nm

price 3839.20 euros, includes german tax but not shipping

if i take the car to Cologne they will charge 150.80 euro's for fitting.

Roughly £3000 at todays prices ??

also my question about what type of engine the tsport has..

I know its a 1.5 block, and its in the front :)

but what's its number 2NZ-FE. etc ????

Havent had a chance to look round the car yet as its still in the garage awaiting new tyres. Expecting it back tommorow.

Surinder...

1. its more reliable(will last 3 times a turbos life..minimum)

2. it will be producing extra torque and bhp from the moment you hit the gas(unlike a turbo)

3. generates very little heat..(unlike turbos)

4. is a sealed unit and requires no maintainance

6. power is linear...

7. overall the s/c set up is lighter than a turbo

8. unlike mentioned above, a s/c is much easier on the engine than a turbo.......much much easier!!

9. more economical

...... You beet me to it!

To add to this, for your 3000 quid you get quite a lot, if i remember rightly it includes a monster intercooler and stand alone engine management system?

36 bhp increase takes the Yaris to 141bhp, thats 148bhp per 1000kg weight, which is a smidge off a corolla Tsport at 151bhp per 1000kg..... - dunno how much water this holds but it sounds to me like your pushing the power over the weight line quite a lot with the supercharger, and with that extra power kicking in right from the lights - lift is not an option :D

Steve.