Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 7a Cant Rev...!

normality78

Need some help here.

i have just done my 7AFE conversion. Existing was 4AFE. here is my problem. the car pulled strongly until 4000rpm and its started to losing out power. Worse the rev needle doesnt even rev anymore whn it reach 5000rpm. What could be wrong?

im still using my stock 4AFE throttle body, ECU and so on. My mech suspect it could be running lean on that band

If you were swapping the 7AFE in why didnt you put in the 7AFE ecu?

Surely the 4AFE ecu would be under fueling and i think that maybe your answer :yes:

The 7AFE in mine only gets going at 4,000 rpm :lol:

I think you have messed up whats going where in your conversion.

If you are doing a conversion from an 4AFE to a 7AFE you will need the ECU from that engine. You may also need that wiring loom and will def' need the 7AFE injectors and intake.

Do a FULL conversion not just bit of one else you will have this sort of trouble and trust my not many people will be able to help.

Like me you will have to read, break stuff learn. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help here.

i have just done my 7AFE conversion. Existing was 4AFE. here is my problem. the car pulled strongly until 4000rpm and its started to losing out power. Worse the rev needle doesnt even rev anymore whn it reach 5000rpm. What could be wrong?

im still using my stock 4AFE throttle body, ECU and so on. My mech suspect it could be running lean on that band

Was it a standard 7afe engine or a lean burn.

the lean burn has an extension to the harness enabling valves to open up in the inlet manifold at 4500 rpm. this contraption can be seen directly under the inlet manifold(2-wired inter-connect)

You can build a small circuit using a zener diode and relay, borrowing a variable voltage signal from the distributor, to triger of the switching.

more importantly, if you're going through all the hassle of an engine conversion, why not choose a performance version?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links