Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Other Soarer Owners On Here

eurodat

Hi,

I have a Soarer 2.5 TT which i have owned for 5 trouble free years. Any other Soarer owners on here?

• 2 weeks later...

hi eurodat

i have just purchased a 4ltr limited soarer ,

i am interested to find out if the sat nav can be changed from japanese to english , i would think it is possible as the soarer was made for the american market ,and they speak a form of english?

if any one else has any knowledge of a conversion i would be very happy to hear from them .

regards soramad

i would be interested in some specs on the V8 4 ltr and the 2.5 TT

Which is best and does anyone have any pros and cons between the both?

hi steve

if you really want to find out the difference between the 4ltr and the 2.5tt , there is also a 3ltr but underpowered , i suggest you visit the lexus owners site , just type in lexus soarer , and bingo there you are .

the whys and where fors for both types are spelled out there quite eloquently :D

hi steve

if you really want to find out the difference between the 4ltr and the 2.5tt , there is also a 3ltr but underpowered , i suggest you visit the lexus owners site , just type in lexus soarer , and bingo there you are .

the whys and where fors for both types are spelled out there quite eloquently :D

some good advice there mate.

have you heard of the Lexus Owners Club Steve?

quite a nice club - pity about the admin :!Removed!:

problem is when i went to LSOC i made a post and thy deleted it.. i tried again and it was deleted again... so i fail to visit their site anymore.. i goto http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk instead.

I heard the 3.0 ltr was underpowered.

I would love a turbo but i also like the rumble of a V8 if their is a decent exhaust

thats Lexus Soarers Owners Club mat!

:P

hi steve

if you like the rumble of a v8 don't buy a soarer , because if you can here the engine , then you have got problems , the only noise i get in my car is road noise from some surfaces but i am on 18inch alloys and small profile tyres which don't help, even so the engine only starts to be noticable at highly illegal speeds , but best not go into that

Hi,

The V8 is the pipe and slippers version of the Soarer and comes in many flavours, but it aint no slouch.

I have the 2.5TT - 280bhp in standard form and very very quick in a straight line.

The handling leaves a bit to be desired sometimes for a car with so much power cos its damned heavy. Mine has active suspension (TEMS) but not all come with it. Some TT's aint even got ABS so you have to shop around.

The spec is excellent on both the TT and the V8 and i would say for around £6,000 for an early low milage one you would be hard pushed to find as good value in any other car.

Spares are plentiful now and there is a lot of on line help around too. insurance isn't as big a deal as you might think either. Mine is £300 a year fully comp, which on a 280bhp car capable of 170mph aint to bad. I agree about the remarks about LSOC. most of the active members have their heads up thier ar :censor: s to be honest .

Let me know if you need any more info

thanks for the advice... i will certainly check out a few and see what your advices are

The rason i was worried about getting TT was in case i pick up a dud and end up paying through the nose for new turbos

Also where do you get your insurance from at that price? I am 32 with 14 years no claims and i am getting quotes of 750... not too bad... but 300 is good

I thought of the V8 because i was thinking of replacing the exhaust slightly to get a slight rumble... I love rumble

Low insurance may be due to my post code Steve.

The TT sounds nice with a straight through exhausts too which you can have made to order. If its pre 94 i think you can remove the cats too. :P

I would drive both and see what you think.

As for the turbo's being shot, yeah.. i guess that could be a problem. It might be an idea to pay for an RAC check or something if you are about to fork out your hard earned dosh.

I am gonna ask a big favour :D

What are the performance specs and consumotion specs between the V8 and the TT?

hi steve

i have been trying to order a owners manual from lsoc but its like trying to get an audience with god ,nothing seems to work , all i get is error pages ,even on the registation page it goes no where , am very disappointed ,

however have you been on to the links page ?the first 2 links may be of intrest to you regarding the 4ltr which shall we say is more refined than the tt but still has enough poke when you know how to driv :D e it !!

ps steve

regarding insurance try a plan on 0845 071 1234

speak to lee haswell very helpful guy , the soarer is my 2nd of 2 cars , the first having full no claims but the one the soarer replaced had only 3 years but the insurance is £495 so in a couple of years it will be relativly small for such a big car , excess is high though being an import

its a hint which to me says don't come to us( ins co ) unless its worth it

i am trying to figure out the 0-60 difference

is the 2.5 better on fuel consumption?

Well... the 2.5TT easily 'out drags' the V8 in most cases. The last time i saw a TT versus V8 event (on a runway in suffolk i think) the V8 was pretty much left for dead up to about 140mph and then slowly made ground. Both are quick cars though so if you are really after the V8 grunt then you won't be dissapointed.. the V8 motor is reputed to be good for 500,000 miles plus. if you want the blistering acceleration then go for the TT.

TT versus V8

To be honest Steve, if you are worried about fuel consumption then i suggest you look for a different car. Having said that my TT can give me around 30mpg if i am gentle on the gas pedal...

Both models are ultra reliable too of course.

well.. i am driving a 3.0 at the mo.. so am not coming from a small car.

the TT is so tempting... what a hard choice.

great.. downloading now.

Do you know the actuall 0-60 on both cars?

To be honest, its always been a hottly debated topic and I don't trust some of the figures i hear on the sites.

I am also a biker and ride a Suzuki Hayabusa which is 'very very very quick' and we used to have no end of arguments about respective times of the bike versus the car. I will see if i can find some figures that i can believe Steve.

ok.. difference between both cars.. ie in 0-60 times

see.. i want a bit of poke.. but i also love the V8 sound...

i need to make my mind up what i should look for.

Did you watch the vid... the car on the left was a TT, the one on the right was a V8.. but as i said, the V8 is no slouch.. sounds to me like you should get a V8. The TT will trounce it in a 0-60 shoot out but so what... get a V8 Steve. Shame you aint closer you could drive my TT with pleasure.

I think i need to goto a soarer meet sometime

i need to at least sit in the car and feel its performance.

now what coulkd be causing steves dilema

is430........hmmmmm V8, nice rumble

the monster....hmmmmm turbo charged

id personally say get the V8 STEVE, It suits your style more, you know you will only get a nose bleed if you accelerate to hard

V8 suit my style... hmmm

i guess it all depends on whats available.. if i see a V8 with very low milage then i may be tempted.