Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shafted Once Again By Toyota Because Cars A Import

Andypr

:angry: Hi here i am once again as some of you will be a wear of my problem with my alarm,well it went into toyota again because it was going off in hot weather but now it goes off any old time now.So i booked it in for the second time for a job which should have been sorted the first time, as the cars 2 and a half year old its still in warrenty,so i arrived at the garage and was told the car run out of warrenty,so i had to remind them that a import has a 3 year pan european warrenty, so she ran off for 5 mins and came back with this half cocked story ooohhhh it is covered by the 3 year warrenty but as its a import the alarms only covered by 1 year so after a heated descusion and getting no wear i took it to a garage called Brigate Garage near Vauxhall in Leeds for fixing so they ran a fault test on it but it came up clean and have ran out of ideas,The problems don't end there because the red led {that is on the center console in front of the gear shift}now stays on when the engine is swithed off{as it used to flash}so i just close the doors with the key now.Any ideas why.

Cheers

Stab in the dark here. The LED staying on could indicate a fault with one of your perimeter functions. Check the bonnet contacts, Thats usually the favourite as they tend to collect a lot of grime.

Id personally try other dealers, if you say its an import and say to them dont give me this bull**** they usually give in.

my 10 pence worth

They are just pulling your plonker.

Irrelevant if it's an import it has FULL 3 year cover any where in the world.

They just don't want to sort it under warranty as they have to pay for it out of the dealerships takings and can't claim it back from Toyota directly after the first year. As you didn't buy the car with them, they hate you and won't give you the time of day and come up with a pack of lies.

I've had all this, storngly worded letter to the dealer about what I'd do if they didn't honour my warranty, they soon changed their attitude.

Vipes

• 2 weeks later...

My car is an import and Toyota should honour the 3 year warranty however do not expect any help from Toyota UK after the warranty expires even if it is an ongoing problem. As some of you may know my car is now on it's FOURTH ABS sensor on the same wheel. The car is only four years old on 15th April and I complained to Toyota UK as this is clearly an ongoing problem. They have told me as the car is now out of warranty it is not their problem and there will be no gesture of goodwill concerning problems as it is an import (so much for my handbook which states that Toyota UK are happy to sort any problems/queries I may have). So bye bye Toyota and I will not be buying another a shame as the car (mimus the ABS problem!) is great but i've just had too much hassle with dealerships and even the company.

To top it off I called my local dealer to get a price for part and fitting of a new ABS sensor (as it will fail the MOT next week), a week later still waiting for a response even though i've called three times. Another dealership (100 miles away though) gave me an instant answer. Aaarrgghh!!!!!!

:angry: I know what you mean Jenny125,i had to get a sub frame reforcement bar for my T sport so i order it from Toyota at Wakefield even though the Leeds branch of Toyota are just down the road from me,but i've had sooooo many run ins with the Leeds Branch i'd travel 15 miles just so not to talk to them at Leeds ever again.I saved nearly 2 grand not buying it from them,better in my pocket and not theirs so i just think of that and it puts a big smile on my face. :thumbsup: