Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle Noise

rutland32

I have a 1.0 gl which has just started to make a loud rattling noise coming from the auxiliary drive belt side, Its hard to tell but it sounds to be coming from around there. Has anybody had simular problems?

i dont no if its the same problem, but my 1 litre yaris makes a rattling noise too when im at a stand still, the revs go about 500 and sometimes under and its as though im about to stall. any one know the problem??

yup, got it sorted under warrenty repair

yup, got it sorted under warrenty repair

Thats not exactly helpful is it ! Do you know what repair they carried out ?

i dont no if its the same problem, but my 1 litre yaris makes a rattling noise too when im at a stand still, the revs go about 500 and sometimes under and its as though im about to stall. any one know the problem??

Quite a few people say that a quick blast in 2nd and 3rd gear to the red line sorts out a problem that sounds familiar to your question.

Something to do with the VVTi engine getting clogged up ...... give it a go and see if it helps :thumbsup:

** Make sure that it's somewhere safe and that you go all the way to the top - but don't sue me if your car breaks