Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Got A Jap Import?

supragal

Ok, how ugly are UK plates? Very. How about imports not having to display full size plates?

Check this link and look at section 5

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/r...equirements.htm

Best be having a word with the bodyshop before they do my nose cone then... looks like I need to restrict the size of the number plate mount , tee hee.

BUT do you reckon the "conditions" would mean that it only applies to cars after 96 when they ceased production here?? What are peoples thoughts? Anyone know conclusively??

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats not exactly written in plain english is it :angry:

I would say it doesnt apply to the jap spec mkiv as the jap style square number plate still has the same size lettering, have you thought about not having one on the nose and having stick on ones between the lights???

P.S still waiting to hear from a mate about that guys contact details.

Thats not exactly written in plain english is it :angry:

I would say it doesnt apply to the jap spec mkiv as the jap style square number plate still has the same size lettering, have you thought about not having one on the nose and having stick on ones between the lights???

P.S still waiting to hear from a mate about that guys contact details.

Yeah....no idea what thats really saying BUT it's gotta be worth a blag. Lets face it, if you have a copy of that in the glove box and you get pulled the cops not gonna understand it either lol

Dunno bout relocating the plate...hadn't thought about it.... hmmm

Apparently a stick-on plate is not classed as being a permanent plate so illegal, haven't been pulled yet though :D

When I bought my Sera I had a square(!) one on the rear and a long one on the front, needless to say they came off straight away and I now have 6x12" plates front and rear

When I had a Celica I had some of those pressed aluminium US style plates done but I've lost the name of the company that made them. Anyone know of any companies that still make them?

When I had my imported CRX I had squares on front and back, I got pulled for speeding loads a times and been to court and stuff but no one eva mentioned the number plates!

• 2 years later...

Iv got away with not having any front plate for over a year, and my rear plate is on a flipup controleed by a switch in the car muhahaha no speeding tickets for me :boxing:

What it means is, if regular UK plate will not fit, then you are allowed "import sized" plates, i.e. USDM/JDM sized numberplates.....

soop.JPG

The rear of my car will not allow fitment of a regular UK sized numberplate, as the "long" ones are way too long, but the square 4x4 ones are too tall and not wide enough... as a result it has a Jap sized plate.....

A jap sized plate would not be large enough for UK legal sized letters, if it is a a "traditional" 7 letter plate, so that is allowed (although being strict, its UK car with JDM tail lights, so its not lol)

I doubt you would get away with lettering any smaller for long!!!

As for the front, I can't see a reason why the car would not allow for a uk sized plate, saying "its been modified so much one won;' fit" probably won't please mr plod :(

Apparently a stick-on plate is not classed as being a permanent plate so illegal, haven't been pulled yet though :D

Our E type has got away with it for the last 33 years!

OMG going off subject!

I WANT THAT TAIL LIGHT SET!!!

is that import rear lights or what ?

Mine look crap compared to them !!

OMG going off subject!

I WANT THAT TAIL LIGHT SET!!!

is that import rear lights or what ?

Mine look crap compared to them !!

:lol: charle got them from us. im guting me them too.

they look better when you see the car not the pix :thumbsup:

Cheers PK ;)

Nitrotoy they are Jap facelift lights off a twin turbo R... I got them off eBay aimed for the american market, but they came diredt from Tokyo! I just need the LED spoiler to go with them now!

The US spec ones are slightly less "tinted" and look more bright red..

Both my mkiiis have JDM tail lights, (t'others an import, obviously ;)) click on the car logos in my sig for more pics!!!! (looking at those my grey car pics are waaaaaaay out of date!)