Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plates...

supragal

Apparently it's legal to have smaller than UK spec number plates on an import- check it out!

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/r...equirements.htm

section 5

Fair enough there are 2 'conditions' but it's not difficult to arrange the number plate mount is it? Tee hee.

BUT do you reckon the "conditions" would mean that it only applies to, say supras after 96 when they ceased production here?? What are peoples thoughts? Anyone know conclusively??

Hopefully this'll be good news to some people!

My MR2 is an import and the rear square plate as pretty small numbers (smaller than the new UK plates). I havent seen many like that and I havent been pulled for it.

My front numberplate is a custom size but with legal sized letters, not been pulled for that either.. I think its up to the copper that is following you..lol.

I dont think I'll pass my MOT with my current front plate tho. :blink:

I knew that.......main problem is most of the poilce DONT! :wacko:

Dan :thumbsup:

wicked...so I'll be printing out a copy of that from the DVLA website then lol

Hmm, still not 100% convinced though... need conclusive proof!

But the numbers are only a little bit smaller tho and I dont think you would get away with it at the front.

You can sorta see how mine are a little smaller here,

mr2-2.jpg

You wouldnt be able to fit the normal sized numbers on that plate.

i could make a phone call this week to the boys in the know with the blue lights on their cars......see what they know.

have a couple of very good mates in the plod :thumbsup:

What they use are the figures from motor bike number plates , it's not a problem to use them as bikes have them of course .

cars are'nt allowed to have bike type plate fonts.. but alot of imports have to have them due to the size of the opening.. mine are the same.. small on the back and tight to each other.. with bike type fonts.

unless i buy a plate with fewer letters then i would be stumped if told to remove.

I wish we didnt have to have front numberplates either.. my MR2 is going into the body shop tomorrow to have the nose all done so you couldnt even tell it used to have a front mounted plate.. moved my plate to the air intake tho.. wish I could get rid of it all together. Spoils the lines of the car.

There was an excellent thread about this on LOC a little while ago but I can't find it now :angry:, anyway have a browse. :)

I wish we didnt have to have front numberplates either.. my MR2 is going into the body shop tomorrow to have the nose all done so you couldnt even tell it used to have a front mounted plate.. moved my plate to the air intake tho.. wish I could get rid of it all together. Spoils the lines of the car.

could always get a stick on plate...

hasn't given me any bother yet...

could always get a stick on plate...

hasn't given me any bother yet...

Had a stick on plate B4 my custom one.. got pretty scabby with all the Scotland trips I do.

I'm gonna post pics this week of the front end when its done.

Gonna look like one of the MRD boys!

i could make a phone call this week to the boys in the know with the blue lights on their cars......see what they know.

have a couple of very good mates in the plod :thumbsup:

Now THAT would be useful- although apparently most of them don't know either... so carry a print out with you! lol.

So, if I get my nose cone redone with the number plate space too small for standard I'd probably get away with it... tee hee