Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Arrrggghhh, Nurs Costing A Fortune

LORD_ED

tyring to get the car ready, shes off to get mapped up on monday whihc will be nice shoudl be around 260bhp then, but need to get the brakes done then, and its not looking cheap

front pads= £115 ebc yellow stuff (cant get them cheaper thats dealer price)

front caliper rebuild kit= £43

front discs= £190, may get away with skimming my old ones as they are only slightly warped

rear pads £20 (thank god)

rear discs = £109

oh well has to be done :crybaby:

At least you are going dude!!!!!!

Its going to be odd reading about it all and not being part of the action :(

Quick look (as I'm not sure about what mods you've done)

For a 200sx (s14) :

EBC Yellow pads : £95

EBC std pads : £25

Front slotted & drilled disks : £90 (pair)

Rear std disk : £32 (pair)

For a 200sx (s13) :

EBC Yellow pads : NA

EBC std pads : £16

Front slotted & drilled disks : £82 (pair)

Rear std disk : £61 (pair)

His front dosks are some wierd 4 pot set up... off a skyline aren't they???

His front dosks are some wierd 4 pot set up... off a skyline aren't they???

Yeah, but I didn't know which one .. and I wasn't going to start going through all those options too ..

Hey, it was never going to be cheap dude.... but it's a trip of a lifetime - well worth it ;)

Can someone explain Yellow stuff pads? Are they any better than red/green then? :unsure:

Get the Red Stuff Ceramics dude ;) half the price and better for off track. You wont be hammering them enought to warrent the yellowstuff pads. :yes:

For discs i'd recommend the 3G Brembo discs - £160 approx for your car

:thumbsup:

Black stuff are stock .. Green are sligtly better .. Red are almost race spec (but require no warm up time) Yellow are the best but require quite a bit of warming.

I've had porters, pagid, red stuff .. erm .. and a few others ..

Porters were v.good, but dusty and needed heating. Pedal stayed solid after 6 laps of Nur ..

Pagid were good, but needed heating. Pedal a bit soft after Nur.

Red stuff seem good from cold, but we'll see after a few laps of nur what they are like.

So Yellow pads are the creme de la creme? Mmm... but I'm guessing ideal for track use, not so much for day-to-day road, right?

So Yellow pads are the creme de la creme? Mmm...

yeah .. but rubbish on the road. They take ages to heat up and then cool down quick ..

And it's about £30 for black, £50 for green, £70 for red and £90 for yellow.

Ok, cheers.

So would it not be better for Ed to get reds? Considering the long drive?

I'd take him half a lap to warm them .. but I think he knows what he's doing (no one else does :lol:)

Ok, cheers.

So would it not be better for Ed to get reds? Considering the long drive?

I'd take him half a lap to warm them .. but I think he knows what he's doing (no one else does :lol:)

Oh yeah, I'm not doubting Ed's choice - I'm just thinking journey-wise going by your description (and trying to save him a bit of money perhaps) :thumbsup:

You know Ed, saving money? If so he'd have sold the 200 and be driving the Celica to Nur ;)

Count yourself lucky mate...

To do a compleat change of disk's & pads on the 300 is nearly a grand :eek:

J

he has 300zx brakes on his 200sx :yes:

Im with Charile on this.. I wish i was goign this year. :(

With regards to the brake pad discussion.. I put a set of Redstuff on before going out to the ring last year and was very impressed with them.

I had heard that you need to warm them up first but in all honesty after 10 min of normal driving they seem to heat up pretty quick anyway.

By the end of each Lap on the Nur they did seem to get a bit soft but with my driving they did get a fair bit of work to do given that its almost 13miles long with 120+ corners ya really cant grumble.

With a 15/20 min cool down they were ready for action once more. I had dot 5.1 fluid in as well if thats of any relivance..

HTH

fizz

I can assure you, the brakes get a good hammering!!!!!

I had Pagid... they were pretty rubbish!!!!!!! they failed woefully after 3/4 of a lap, and caught fire just before I came off the track into the car park (shame we never got any pics of that lol).... they also lasted less then 1000 miles from new...

ive already spent 600quid on my bugger so far! still got mapping, service, mot, tyres, brakes to do :lol:

the bloke whos coming with me, whos a modifeid car mechanic and also a bit of a driving god, had redstuff on his cossie and he cooked them on day to day driving, ok he did drive to work at about 170 leptons. after speaking to ebc they reccomend redstuff,, disc wise no way am i goin for ebc again had them on my last 200 and they were pony, so sticking with brembos, and got to try not to warp these ones.

thought id put some pics of woodys old cossie up a truly awesome beast

his current project car is a sierra with space frame chassis and a 2jzgte with full supra running gear

P9240007_thumb.jpg

P9240003_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links