Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Falling Out Of Love With The Yaris..?

Caz SR

Bibbs S2000 is the loudest thing you will ever hear! Cant ever get tierd of that!

I love my car to bits to but as i only passed a month ago i suppose id love any car! Even a Citreon AX.....maybe not! lol

I think that if you find the "perfect car" you will never want to sell it but if its just a passion thing then you will get bored, its like having a girlfriend when you were younger, use her then get bored :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Caz SR

• Gnome

• reece

I dont even own one yet and i'm in love! I think when i get mine i will be that much more excited as i have been waiting for her for ages now! Tbh though mine started at first for love of the car but now i'm at the stage where any first car would be my love. Don't get me wrong, im 101% fixed on getting a yaris but, although i'm so glad im getting a yaris compared to my mates first cars, im more excited about the freedom it will bring! (and the ticket to JAE to meet you lot! :D) It is a VERY nice first car, but i feel it is a FIRST car (or perhaps a last :P) It will provide me with plentiful performance but i will eventually crave more! (Hopefully upgrading to a Tsport before moving on) Its a good car for its target market, you have got to see that you guys and girls are going to change but the car wont. Therefore, inevitably, you will change car eventually.

Just enjoy it while you own it and then move in! Life is too short!

...its like having a girlfriend when you were younger, use her then get bored

Ok that just makes you sound a bad man :P

Bibbs S2000 is the loudest thing you will ever hear! Cant ever get tierd of that!

I love my car to bits to but as i only passed a month ago i suppose id love any car! Even a Citreon AX.....maybe not! lol

I think that if you find the "perfect car" you will never want to sell it but if its just a passion thing then you will get bored, its like having a girlfriend when you were younger, use her then get bored :lol:

You've heard Ben's car? Have I met you then?? :wacko::lol:

As I have a works van now, its 90% certain that the yaris will be gone this month.

Its gonna be a bit of a wrench after getting all the mods done, but at the end of the day its main purpose was getting me to work.

Its the first car I have had that makes you happy to have to drive to work, so it will always be special and I think its a car you never get bored out of driving,but, I agree that theres a little less love now its just over 2 years I have had it.

i know what you mean caz,

i fell out of love with mine months ago, its just a car now.

its only had 1 coat of wax since sept and it lives outside now not in the garage,

[ and mark waxed it then not me ! ]

dont get me wrong its a great little car just the passions gone.

I’ve booked a test drive for next week in the Aygo. I shall report back with my results.

Part of me would like to upgrade to something quicker and sportier but my common sense keeps telling me to downgrade due to fuel/insurance/tax/running costs.

The Aygo (at the moment) is ticking all the right boxes, and I rather fancy the Chilli Red :thumbsup:

Aygo is a cheap little car, but I found it a little slow. If that doesn't bother you, then it's a great little car in my opinion.

I’ve booked a test drive for next week in the Aygo. I shall report back with my results.

Part of me would like to upgrade to something quicker and sportier but my common sense keeps telling me to downgrade due to fuel/insurance/tax/running costs.

The Aygo (at the moment) is ticking all the right boxes, and I rather fancy the Chilli Red :thumbsup:

Sorry not a fan of the aygo, i think its too cheap the quality is not there.

As for common sense you only live once

go for something fun and faster..you know you want to :D

I briefly considered an Aygo, but I want something larger and more powerful (although not incredibly so)

Am looking tomorrow at a Seat Leon Stylance 1.6, I think jumping from a 1.3 to the 2.0 Stylance is a bit much, especially for insurance! And considered maybe having a Mk1 MR2 as my play thing (and obviously the car I'd take to TOC meets), but well, its not going to happen tomorrow (she says.... lol)

But I do still have love for my Yaris, it just doesnt feel the same, and it hasnt done for some time....

Have you been looking around Caz? Seen anything else you fancy?

Yep, but I'm not telling ;) :laughing:

As for jumping from a 1.3 to a 2l - you really shouldn't worry about it. No one says you have to go full chat right away. Take it easy and enjoy knowing you have the power if you want/need it... but likewise you don't have to use it all the time. I say go for it Em. I think we share the same power hunger hehehe :)

i give cars 2 years tops , then they gotta go.

Im the same....except its usually 2months and then im bored :lol:

Yeah - it's like the Ikea version of 'chuck out ya chintz' except it's with Supras and GT-Fours... I miss the Red Supra :!Removed!: :crybaby:

Dude, are they ever on the road as well? :P

Yep, but I'm not telling ;) :laughing:

As for jumping from a 1.3 to a 2l - you really shouldn't worry about it. No one says you have to go full chat right away. Take it easy and enjoy knowing you have the power if you want/need it... but likewise you don't have to use it all the time. I say go for it Em. I think we share the same power hunger hehehe :)

:lol:

I'd love the 2.0, I guess I'll just see how it goes tomorrow, maybe have a test drive of both.... I wouldnt say I'm power hungry, I just like a bit of pep! :lol:

okay, apologies if im repeating anyone here, i didnt read all the replies...

but i just want to say, dont worry caz - as time goes on with a car, you do obsess less about it - it doesnt mean you dont care about the car any less, or theres anything wrong, its like a relationship, your past the honeymoon period so it doesnt seem as special as it once did...

that doesnt mean anythings wrong, and if you want a different car, shop around for one, i can say finding a replacement for a good car is a touch task, trust me on this!

I've not driven my vitz for 2 months. Got in it tonight and drove down to my mate at my o0ld work. WOW! Ok, so it's one litre. Give a ****? It's just nice to have my own indpendance again, and looking forward to turboing it sometime this year ( currently on hold till further notice). Don't ever get bored of yor car as you'll never appreciate so much until it's actually gone (what a philosophical old ****)

afraid to say i have actually got bored of my little yaris now, i wouldnt say i am power hungry either but just getting a little fed up with the 1.0li engine, and also i look at my car now and only wish to have a cleaner looking car, (a not so fancy car)

i want a sporty looking car thats already made to look good and maybe jus a few mods like alloys and then wanna focus on interior and sound. have considered the maxda mx-5 but insurance is my main concern as i am 20 and already have 6points. was also contemplating a diesel car.

i dunno, i'm so lost

afraid to say i have actually got bored of my little yaris now, i wouldnt say i am power hungry either but just getting a little fed up with the 1.0li engine, and also i look at my car now and only wish to have a cleaner looking car, (a not so fancy car)

i want a sporty looking car thats already made to look good and maybe jus a few mods like alloys and then wanna focus on interior and sound. have considered the maxda mx-5 but insurance is my main concern as i am 20 and already have 6points. was also contemplating a diesel car.

i dunno, i'm so lost

With six points maybe it is about time that you considered this option

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/t...ublic-transport

Your 1.0 litre Yaris might just seem more attractive ;) :D

I think we share the same power hunger hehehe :)

lol ladies :lol:

incidentally i had a drive in a seat ibiza and it seemed pretty nice. was a few years ago mind but if they learned as its got to current day then id say the new models theyre making should be pretty good :)

i dunno, i'm so lost

or maybe this if you are travelling a litlle further:

http://www.firstgroup.com/bushome/bus_home1.php

;) :lol:

i dunno, i'm so lost

hahaha very funny, well after a little think, i found a decent option and choice, my bro in law is sellin his black VW polo 1.4 TDi, its the newer model, looks great, and insurance friendly, mwahaha

Well its basically the same car as the new Golf.... except cheaper! :lol::lol:

And better looking I reckon!

Well, like I said, I'm not buying today, just browsing, I dont intend on throwing money down the drain by trading in after a year just because I'm getting a bit bored, if I wait a year or so til the finance breaks even with what the car is worth, then I can trade it in, pay the remaining finance off, car's paid off, no worries, new car - HELLO! :lol::lol:

Its a plan! :thumbsup:

Nope sorry CAZ i dont think i no you, i have seen Bibbs car around Reading, my dads got an S2000 so thats why i am interested. I live in Burghfield btw were you at?! HELLO!

I know what you mean Caz, i used to wash mine every sunday religiously, but there's more chips and little marks appearing and noises, i know its only my power steering belt but its still annoying! Sometimes i just think i want to change it, but i can't really afford to at the minute!

Then other days i'll drive to work or do a long drive somewhere and i still "feel the love" (though granted Seveer's exhaust has helped a lot!!!). It doesnt seem so bad then, i guess tho i'd be hard pushed to find a better car for the same money! I'd miss it if i had to sell it but i'm sure i'd only do that when i had something better lined up! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links