Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Selling On Ebay?

Nick SR

Anyone tried or sold their Yaris on eBay?

Its free listing weekend so thought I might give it a go, but wondered if anyone had sold successfully?

(If so did it achieve a good price)

Thanks

Nick

Anyone tried or sold their Yaris on ebay?

Its free listing weekend so thought I might give it a go, but wondered if anyone had sold successfully?

(If so did it achieve a good price)

Thanks

Nick

Hiya,

I havn't sold any cars on eBay but know others that have. They usually put in the description "this item is advertised elsewhere and therefore seller reserves t he right to remove the item at any point" That way if the cars not reaching the price you hoped for you can pull it off eBay without too much hastle. I know thats not exactly what you were asking for but thought it might help.

Tara

Why dont you have a look at the Yaris' currently for sale, see what kind of prices they are getting (also have a look at auctions that have ended to see what they've ended on too!)

That should give you a rough idea of the sort of prices people are willing to pay at the moment....

Also, have a look at how many dont sell (normally because the reserve is too high and not reached).

This way, you'll have an idea of selling price and also the your reserve price, I recommend you stick a reserve on, so some muppet can't bid 10p and walk away with your car! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

I tried to sell a Yaris on eBay twice. The first time the winning bidder just didn't respond at all and the second time the winning bidder then tried to haggle the price down. Waste of time IMO, far too many time wasters and low lifes who don't care who much hassle they give you.

Just add on the bottom, things like "winning bid is a binding contract that you have bought the car," timewasters will have negative feedback left, and eBay will be notified," "reserve the right to withdraw the auction at anytime, as the item is advertised elsewhere."

It's the same principle as something like Autotrader. You can get timewasters from an Autotrader advert, and the only real difference is that your 'trader ad is out there for more than 10 days.

It's worth a go, if you're getting it free you've got nothing to lose. I wouldn't put a reserve on it though, it puts off a certain amount of people (although it is pretty common with cars), like Tara says, if you put the whole "I reserve the right to remove if sold elsewhere" thing at the bottom you can just pull out if you don't get enough for it.