Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric To Cable Speedometer

knowlson

Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to throw some light on a little problem I have got.

I have a ae111 Corolla that has a cable driven speedometer. I have just put in a 4agze that comes with a electrical speedometer.

Any one know if there is a converter for this? I know I will need to get a km/h to mph converter anyway but is there one that can change electric to cable?

I was thinking about taking the dials out of the levin ae101 that i have and use them as they are electric but its going to be a bit of a :censor: so if there is an easier way ill do it :D

Any help would be great :thumbsup:

electric to cable no......the other way around yes.

is it not possible to find what uses the same gearbox on swap out the electrical drive for the mechanical drive

electric to cable no......the other way around yes.

is it not possible to find what uses the same gearbox on swap out the electrical drive for the mechanical drive

Bugger

I would have taken the electrical drive off and replaced it with the mechanical drive of my 4afe but they are completely diffrent which is an :censor:.

The 4afe comes out of the top and the 4agze comes out the back. or its the othere way round :lol::lol:

Any ideas?

talk to fensport. when i got my mr2 turbo box it came with an electronic speedo drive, my clocks are mechnical so the sent me a mechnical drive. woulnt be suprised if they havent got what you need

spoke to them they said to change the sender unit in the gearbox might give it a go but now thinking about swapping the dials :lol:

Cheers mate