Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1972 Celica St For Sale

John H

Hi, I am a newbie on this forum, and not a Toyota owner. A friend of mine has inherited what we suspect may be a very collectable early Toyota, and as he is not on-line, I am helping him out, so bear with me.

The car belongs to his father-in -law, who is now infirm, and in an old folks home. It is a blue Celica 1600 ST, which he bought new in 1972, and it has only ever had the one owner. It was last used regularly in 1991, and has been in storage since, only taken out to be started once in a while. It has all the original paperwork, service manuals, tool roll, even the very first tax disc fom 1972. It has only done 40,000 miles, and it still starts on the first turn of the key ... amazing. It has period accessories, like the original radio, and an 8 track machine (with tapes!)

I took some digital photos of it today, and it is in truly amazing condition, a weekend's work would be all that would be needed to bring it back to concourse condition. This car really belongs in a museum, or it should go to someone who will keep it in the original state it is in now. It has to be seen to be believed.

I would welcome some advice on roughly what this is worth, and where would be the best place to try to sell it. All and any advice gratefully recieved, and I can e-mail anyone pictures off-group if need be.

many thanks

John H

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John H

• TheNissanMan

• Scot

• gus

I guess I should have added that we are in the UK, as I presume this to be an international list.

If I can figure out how to do it, I will post some pictures too.

John H

john,

sounds superb, am sure scot will be along shortly with a price as he has the 73 1600 st...

pictures can be put in the gallery which can be found by clicking down the toc navigation screen at the top left of the screen...

Thanks for that advice, I've posted 4 pictures on the "Members Motors" album, page 39.

titled "Celica ST for sale"

JH

OMG I want that car, she is beautfiul mate, where's scot with the prices....

If there was a car to make me sell my 2, that is it, if she is indeed in as good as condition as you say....

does she run on unleaded ???

Hey, thanks for posting those on the thread, damned if I could figure it out!

We are in Fife, Scotland. At the moment the car is neither MOT'd, taxed nor insured, and as the original owner no longer has a valid licence, getting it taxed will not be straightforward, as we cannot insure it in his name. The owner is planning to get it MOT'd shortly though. The car has been garaged since that last tax disc in 1991 expired, and has only been started and moved for maintenance purposes.

If anyone want more details, hi-res pics, or whatever, please just ask. I can also put you in touch with the chap who is selling it, albeit he is not on-line.

John H

Unleaded? ... struth mate, not a clue, although I would have doubted it.

I presume that LRP or lead substitute additive would work OK though.

JH

:crybaby:

if only i'd have waited a few months before buying my 'rolla!

you'll have no probs selling that - you'll get a good price too!

I think you should contact Toyota UK to see if they would like it.

I think this is a car not to be taken out on the road, its too special and should be kept that way.

Museum or private collector is best, or it will become another ordinary old car.

John,

I don't know if you have recieved my emails or not but I am seriously considering selling my MR2 and putting an offer on that car, I am sure people on the forum hgere will tell you that is no small feat as I have to be the biggest MR2 fan there is going....

That car is absolutely superb, I am looking at a few sites for a daily runner as that car should not be used as adaily car and if I could sort something out/decide to part with my mr2 would be used only for show as she deserves, she is an absolute gem.

I met scot through pulling around and asking him about his car (exactly the same) as I love it so much and the chance to own one......

I really ddon't know what to do now as I love the MR2 to bit's but look at that beast she truely is amazing....

I'll have a ook around at prices as not sure what the price is on her in that condition but shge is absolutely stunning, I hate decsions like this, I love the MR2 to pieces and always thought I would own one, but a car like that.....

Oops I am going on, and in public as well.... sorry peeps....

I hope to hear from you soon, a few emails have been sent...

Well... if I had space (and the cash) for it, I'd certainly take it off your hands.. that would be a top class show car... :thumbsup:

Ryan... if your seriously considering it... go for it mate!

Hey Guys, im flying to the rescue of all old celicas.

John, first off, advertise it as a Flatlight please, you'll get more money *the rear lenses are flat and the fuel filler is in the middle"

Secondly, dont sell it to ryan, he will be unhappy with the 100bhp and (most likely) 4speed box, and then i'll be able to convince him to turbo it or put a 4AG in it. Bad idea as she should remain stock, but i just wont be able to resist it. So dont sell it to me eather.

What i can do for you though, is if you call me with a few more details, i'll speak to the classic chairman and get a good idea of prices or maybe even a buyer, my number is 077990 56366. It might take a couple of days.

The car does look stunning, is the engine a 2T or a 2T-B... how many "good for a paper weight" aisan (hope i spelt that right) carbs does it have?

Hey Guys, im flying to the rescue of all old celicas.

John, first off, advertise it as a Flatlight please, you'll get more money *the rear lenses are flat and the fuel filler is in the middle"

Secondly, dont sell it to ryan, he will be unhappy with the 100bhp and (most likely) 4speed box, and then i'll be able to convince him to turbo it or put a 4AG in it. Bad idea as she should remain stock, but i just wont be able to resist it. So dont sell it to me eather.

What i can do for you though, is if you call me with a few more details, i'll speak to the classic chairman and get a good idea of prices or maybe even a buyer, my number is 077990 56366. It might take a couple of days.

The car does look stunning, is the engine a 2T or a 2T-B... how many "good for a paper weight" aisan (hope i spelt that right) carbs does it have?

That is to much of a prime example to do anything with so turbo or new engine is defo out of the question... TLC and second car springs to mind.....

As for 100bhp and 4 speed, it would only be going to meets and being stored at folks at any other time, apart from begin pulled onto drive for wash, chamois and wax :)

Still in two minds as realistically would love the car, but not sure I could give the TLC she deserves, I know there's a lot better places for her....

John, I have recieved your emails but having probs with my mail atm o havent responded...

Back into a meeting so post later....

Ha, thats cool ryan im only teasing.... though given time im sure i can persuade you :D :D

that's amazing!

How much do I wish I was in the market to buy it right now?

Please Ryan, Scot – anyone, buy it so I can drool over it! :drool:

you dont fancy owning two then scot :thumbsup:

Yeah, id love to. One stock, one modded to the T :censor: ts

i'll be giving an update soon of my engine, once ryan posts those pics...................

Ok Mate Mines just a :censor: ing mess at the moment but thats for another thread.......Dont think i have seen such a fantastic example of such a beautiful car :thumbsup: