• John H

• TheNissanMan

• Scot

• gus

whats the estimated figure?

whats the estimated figure?

If its less than a grand...sold!! :lol:

I'm thinking lots! <_<

Im not really willing to put my name to it because its such a guess, im asking experts as we speak. But in my experiance it should go for between £2500 - £4000ish.

As long as the Celica is kept in tip-top condition there's no real reason for it to depreciate whereas the 2 . . . you can always get another later Celicas like that a VERY rare as I'm sure you know :D

FOR SALE: Toyota Corolla GT

1985 vintage, just 1 prev owner, FTSH, 93k, two folders full of bills and receipts blah blah blah.........

£4000 ono

:P :D

yeah ok sorry mate.......

buy it buy it buy it....so i get to see it before it goes to the next meet....

only joking its up to you at the end of the day :thumbsup:

yeah ok sorry mate.......

buy it buy it buy it....so i get to see it before it goes to the next meet....

only joking its up to you at the end of the day :thumbsup:

I think it might just be up to john and friend, still racking brains here....

rhaines, just buy it!!

how much are you gonna regret it, if you let that slip through your hands, for the sake of an MR2.

don't get me wrong, your MR2 is extremely nice, but that celica.... Anyway, you could always buy a cheap AW11 to satisfy your Mid engined needs, if it gets so bad! :D

If it's going for a price you can afford there's no reason to let it go is there? I'd have it if I had the money- unfortunately moving house means I'm skint :(

John

Im from Ayr and would like to see the car,can you e-mail me with some details of your whereabouts or your home telephone no.My contact details are e-mail am609@aol.com or tel 01292 590085

thanks Harvey

Sorry for the radio silence, been away for the last 24 hours. Struth, lots of traffic on this!

First off, the car is a 5 speed, and I believe it has the 113 bhp engine (is that correct?) I'll need to contact George (the owner) and make sure of my facts.

Harvey, I'll contact you seperately.

naa, its more like 105bhp must be fitted with a 2T-B.... 5speed?? didnt think they released the 5 speed box as an option that early.....

I agree with JT rhaines, at least if u buy it u can sell it on again, if you don't get it... you'll never know what could have been ;)

John, thats one of the nicest, most original flatlights I've ever seen - it must have the 2T-B 105bhp engine and thats most certainly a five speed gear knob, so its equipped with the optional 5speed box, which is ultra rare in its self.

It will run on unleaded with the appropriate timing adjustment.

I think that when the excitment dies down and you get to talk cash, £4K is a good place to start - if you get any arguements, tell them to go find another!

Marcus

Thanks for that Celicacity. There is no question about the gearbox, it is a 5 speed, and the car has a "5 speed" Badge on the panel over the fuel filler. The engine certainly has twin carbs, under a silver pressed steel air cleaner cover. I'm afraid I forgot to take any pics of the engine.

As to value, I think we have concluded that the car must be worth at the very least £4,000, and possibly more. You really have to see this car to appreciate the condition it is in, the photos do not do it justice. Bear in mind too that those photos are of the car having come out from under dust sheets for the last 12 years, we did not even wash and polish it. Like I said, a weekends worth of elbow grease will transform it even further, so guess what we are doing this weekend? Now where's my chamois?

John H

• 5 months later...
Hi, I am a newbie on this forum, and not a Toyota owner. A friend of mine has inherited what we suspect may be a very collectable early Toyota, and as he is not on-line, I am helping him out, so bear with me.

The car belongs to his father-in -law, who is now infirm, and in an old folks home. It is a blue Celica 1600 ST, which he bought new in 1972, and it has only ever had the one owner. It was last used regularly in 1991, and has been in storage since, only taken out to be started once in a while. It has all the original paperwork, service manuals, tool roll, even the very first tax disc fom 1972. It has only done 40,000 miles, and it still starts on the first turn of the key ... amazing. It has period accessories, like the original radio, and an 8 track machine (with tapes!)

I took some digital photos of it today, and it is in truly amazing condition, a weekend's work would be all that would be needed to bring it back to concourse condition. This car really belongs in a museum, or it should go to someone who will keep it in the original state it is in now. It has to be seen to be believed.

I would welcome some advice on roughly what this is worth, and where would be the best place to try to sell it. All and any advice gratefully recieved, and I can e-mail anyone pictures off-group if need be.

many thanks

John H

Hello!

I am very interested in the Toyota Celica

please could you immediately contact me on ahmed_aswad1@hotmail.com

Money ready

THANKS!

• 4 months later...

That Celica looks absolutely fantastic and that would sell for serious, serious money, well over £5,000 easily.

I hope someone who can appreciate it's beauty and purity has bought it and is preserving it with the love she deserves.