Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Lucida Strange Button

keithmboy

:help: I would like to know what the ECT power button is for on the dash of my Toyota Lucida 2.2 TD? Any ideas please!!!!

keithmboy,

The Electro Convulsive Therapy button you describe is for changing the settings on the automatic gearbox. :lol:

Hi, my Prado has the same button so I am assuming your wheels are automatic.

To quote Cal ( a member who helped me with the same query):

" PWR is 'Power'. It delays the shifting up timing so you can get more revs out of the engine"

I have a Toyota Curren, and there's another button next to the power button, labeled 'manu' What's that one do? There are a couple more buttons next to the steering wheel too, they all make lights come on on the dash, but I haven't been able to discover the effects.

Thanks,

manu means you can use the auto bax asa manual and control the shifting by using the numbered gears...

:help: I would like to know what the ECT power button is for on the dash of my Toyota Lucida 2.2 TD? Any ideas please!!!!

I don't have one of those :crybaby: Anyway continuing with the theme of strange buttons in the lucida - what does the slider on the bottom left of the heating section of the dash do? it has a a wedge shaped red line and some japanese writing on the side.

I have a Toyota Curren, and there's another button next to the power button, labeled 'manu' What's that one do? There are a couple more buttons next to the steering wheel too, they all make lights come on on the dash, but I haven't been able to discover the effects.

Thanks,

sweet baby J! another Curren Owner, theres not many of us here! Which model do you have?

• 4 weeks later...

Ive also got one of those sliders in my lucida. It does'nt control the temp as there is already a slider for that straight above it. Any ideas anyone?

Ive also got one of those sliders in my lucida. It does'nt control the temp as there is already a slider for that straight above it. Any ideas anyone?

GUESS: Fan speed maybe or do you have a 1,2,3 knob

The fan has its own switch for the speed.  Maybe its to regulate the temp in the back? ahh the mystery deepens :huh:

i found out that this control allows you to direct the heat to the rear of the car if needed