Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Celica!

Fizz

nice, very nice, id do some of the other bits before the exhaust as i dont think it looks bad at all ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fizz

• novamuncher

• Deejay

• conv.89

Beautifull car, definately worth spending money on.

first thing i would do is to get rid of that yellow magic tree air freshna out of the window,

I would think that brighter headlight bulbs would look good, i have done this and am very happy, only thing now is that the side light bulbs look !Removed! awful in comparison.

anyway love the car, i prefer that shape to todays one.

looks good dude tail box looks quite good actually do agree with stev the stickers on the side need toning down maybe silver as opposed to chrome? but this is just being picky nice motor :thumbsup:

it should only be 3 or 4 securing screws (i think theyr 14mm heads). 3 on the top and one on the side maybe? - and of course you dont want to be doing it when the engines been on (but it says that on it anyway lol)

cheers again

and ive just re read what mods the guy that had it before you did....why do you want to take off the system? or were you being sarcy?? if i were you, id just carry on from where he left it - it will be fast as :censor: - and you wont have to pay out for another system again.... either way its your choice and that, so i guess you know what you want with the car

Just driven a round trip of around 540 miles from Bradford to Brighton this weekend and i'm knackered.. :blink:

The reason for wanting to chage the system is because of long motorway journies...After getting out of the car both me and my passenger (if i have one) can feel the humming in the back of our knecks for a few min after the ride has finished! :P

If i get time when the engine is cool then i'll get thoose pics for ya... :thumbsup:

Beautifull car, definately worth spending money on.

first thing i would do is to get rid of that yellow magic tree air freshna out of the window,

I would think that brighter headlight bulbs would look good, i have done this and am very happy, only thing now is that the side light bulbs look !Removed! awful in comparison.

anyway love the car, i prefer that shape to todays one.

ya reckon? never thought about doing that but you could be right.. might give it a sharper feel in the night...

And i agree!... The 5th gen shape is the best IMO! and the GT4 is even more sweet! :yes:

this is probebly going to sound really sad mad but i'd leave her exactly as she is now......exhaust and stickers.....i like it a lot as said before :thumbsup:

it should only be 3 or 4 securing screws (i think theyr 14mm heads).  3 on the top and one on the side maybe? - and of course you dont want to be doing it when the engines been on (but it says that on it anyway lol)

cheers again

and ive just re read what mods the guy that had it before you did....why do you want to take off the system? or were you being sarcy?? if i were you, id just carry on from where he left it - it will be fast as  :censor: - and you wont have to pay out for another system again.... either way its your choice and that, so i guess you know what you want with the car

Just driven a round trip of around 540 miles from Bradford to Brighton this weekend and i'm knackered.. :blink:

The reason for wanting to chage the system is because of long motorway journies...After getting out of the car both me and my passenger (if i have one) can feel the humming in the back of our knecks for a few min after the ride has finished! :P

If i get time when the engine is cool then i'll get thoose pics for ya... :thumbsup:

long motorway headaches you say? i have just the solution.... louder sound system :D lol

and theres no rush on the pics, just as and when you can

B)

Hey man.. I didn't take my Celi to Brighton...

I took the family A4 TDi instead due to 3 reasons...

1 = Climate Control (it was roastin on Friday!) :wacko:

2 = TDI (540 miles on 1 take of fuel costin £42) The celi would have cost me double that amount ;)

3 = That humming of the exhaust system would have put me in a trance on such a long journey! :!Removed!:

lol fair enough,

climate control on me celica = windows down, s/roof open lol

though i did about 400 miles to a tank and a half, with occasional full throttle- dont think that was too bad but im missing the exhaust (not literally, just a performance system)

lol fair enough,

climate control on me celica = windows down, s/roof open lol

though i did about 400 miles to a tank and a half, with occasional full throttle- dont think that was too bad but im missing the exhaust (not literally, just a performance system)

thats good for a Celi... What model is it? year?

this is probebly going to sound really sad mad but i'd leave her exactly as she is now......exhaust and stickers.....i like it a lot as said before :thumbsup:

thanks man but i bet that even you would think about lowering it as it looks like a SUV! :P

its a fourth gen st162, on an 89 F plate, but she needs a little bit of tuning

Cool...

The 4th gen seems to be popular down south from what i could gather.. saw them all over the place and hardly any 5th gens... :huh:

its a fourth gen st162, on an 89 F plate, but she needs a little bit of tuning

Cool...

The 4th gen seems to be popular down south from what i could gather.. saw them all over the place and hardly any 5th gens... :huh:

Including me there must be at least 3 of us :lol::lol::thumbsup:

In berkshire there are absolutely loads of 5th gens, and tons of supras. It should have been called toyotashire. :lol:

it should only be 3 or 4 securing screws (i think theyr 14mm heads). 3 on the top and one on the side maybe? - and of course you dont want to be doing it when the engines been on (but it says that on it anyway lol)

cheers again

and ive just re read what mods the guy that had it before you did....why do you want to take off the system? or were you being sarcy?? if i were you, id just carry on from where he left it - it will be fast as :censor: - and you wont have to pay out for another system again.... either way its your choice and that, so i guess you know what you want with the car

finally got round to takin it off and grabbin a couple of pics for ya...

Dunno exactly what you wanted so i took the following pics... hope they are of some help... B)

there were 5 nuts in all and 1 was a :censor: to get off.. lol

4628-37KI0054%20temp.jpg

4627-37KI0056.jpg

4630-37KI0058.jpg

4631-37KI0059.jpg

wicked!!! thats what i wanted to see!!!! now, all i gotta do is figure out if they got the same bolts from the exit ports from the head to the manifold.

if your wondering why, its because thats more similar setup to performance system, the gen4's hav 4 merging into 2 at the manifold before the downpipe.

thanks again, :D

eee,eeee,eee, ehe....wheres that welder going? im not done yet lol

it looks great lowering kit would give it a real agressive look as it is it looks mean :thumbsup:

Cheers man... :rolleyes:

I've just changed the exsisting 55Watt bulbs for some 90Watt... :thumbsup:

but the side lights look pityful in comparrison... lol

Looks good mate.. stickers an all..

I was looking to get a Celica similar to that until I got my MR2 GT Turbo TBar... wanted something faster..

now I want something even faster.. lol, maybe a Supra next... Brrrm brrm.

nice lookin motor mate :thumbsup:

looks wicked in black :D

a 40mm drop would finish off the looks :thumbsup:

make sure the shocks are ok before you lower it!!i lowered my gen 6 and within a month the rear shocks went,forcing me to replace all 4 with koni adjustables.

would of got coilovers to begin with if i'd known!!!!

mean looking car though,well impressive :thumbsup:

have fun moddin :lol:

make sure the shocks are ok before you lower it!!i lowered my gen 6 and within a month the rear shocks went,forcing me to replace all 4 with koni adjustables.

would of got coilovers to begin with if i'd known!!!!

i'm looking to get a full new suspension kit for it... as i know what problems can arise when lowering a car..

basically i need to do 3 things

1 - Lower it..

2 - Smoke the windows out

3 - get that beast of an exhaust removed and replaced...

Dunno in which order i should do it..thats 1 mod per month... so what do ya think?