Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4agze Conversion Poland

Styku

Hello everyone

I am new here.

I am from Poland.

I have e11 Carloz Sainz Ed. Which is white and has TTE pack. I did some mods already. Now it is the time for conversion.

I wanto to go for 4agze. I will buy a whole swap kit from Fensport. First I plan to run it as it is orignal, but with front intercooler from Fensport. Later I will probably go for more mods.

There is plenty of them I can imagine. Don't worry about suspension, I have KONI SP installed with TTE springs+Polyurethane Bushings from Super Flex and TRD top mounts at front. Brakes heave Motul fluid and Tarox pads. I had EBC Geenstuff but they are not good, because they overheat disks. I will go for EBC TG in same size or oversized kit in future.

Since most people in Poland still think that German cars are reliable it is very difficult to find a good Toyota tuner. Most people who know a little about cheap, sporty cars buy Hondas, EVOs, STis. So it forces me to let this coversion to be done by a company which is focused on Honda. It is in fact cheaper to convert a Civic into 160 hp 1.6 engine. There is even one FWD Civic with 500 hp in Poland done by them. It is ok cause they did some Toyotas. They turboed Starlet 4afe. It had around 200 hp. They never did this kind of conversion.

I ask for help. I soon want to place an order and start whole thing. I do not know what problems I will face so I do not know what I should ask about. I am preety sure about electric diagrams. I have them from 4age.net, and hope they will do. But there is so many things I am concerned about.

Thaks for any help

Sorry for my spelling

Don’t bother buy a faster car, I did the conversion back in 2003 and have only just sold my car. If I had the choice of doing it again I would buy an ek9 civic type R instead.

have a look at www.knowlson.co.uk for some pictures

Try Jon Barnes for your engine at www.jbmotorsport.co.uk he supplies them cheaper than Fensport and also offers the service of modifying your wiring loom to take care of all the wiring issues which is the biggest problem when carrying out this conversion. Having dealt with Jon personally i can recommend the service he provides. :thumbsup:

The thing about Jon Barnes is they base on e-mails. A asked this guy Tony from Fensport if they will help even by phone if it will be needed, and he said ok. And this is what i need to know.

About new car.

Well I do not want 4x4. I prefer FWD. There is some interesting cars I can think about, but they are rather expensive. Import from USA is an interesting option. American Celica GTS or Acura Integra can be very cheap.

The difference between high and low developed countries is labour costs. Imagine that i don't expect cost of whole transplantation to go above 1000 pounds(except engine cost). I would say they will be around 700-800. If one have Civic let's say 2000 you can buy an engine and make a 1,6 160 hp conversion for around 1200-1300 pounds. And in fact this is what guys from PromotoR company told me to do. They told me I should sell Corolla and buy myself a Civic. Or they said that for around 2000 pounds they promissed they will make 200-250 hp out of my turboed 4afe. Good Civic Type-R costs more than 10000 punds here.

So if I will succeed I will have 165 Supercharched Corolla for something like 3000 pounds. Also 4agze is easy for future cheap mods like bigger pulley kit. Few more things and I will reach around 190 hp and a lot of Newtons(torque). So i hope i will get a car with performance close to 2,0 Civic Type-R. I know my car and I can say that with all this bushings, top mounts TTE springs and Koni shoks is more than nice to drive. If I will add Whiteline anti roll bars this thing will turn faster than a thought.

I red a lot of forum topics and websites. I think I know this subject preety well. I also did some mods to this car so I do not want to get rid of it.

You will need to change your front suspension set up. I had TTE front springs and had to upgrade them. I had Koni shock absorbers and they were worn out in 12 months and 15,000 miles. I'm in the process of upgrading my suspension - just waiting for the parts to arrive.

I was considering this swap into my AE102, but after reading up on it, i decided to do as Knowlson advises and now im going for a GT4 :D :thumbsup:

I was considering this swap into my AE102, but after reading up on it, i decided to do as Knowlson advises and now im going for a GT4 :D :thumbsup:

Remember mike I want your GXI when you sell it ;)

I'll remember that ;)

How come you want a second one? :huh:

You will need to change your front suspension set up. I had TTE front springs and had to upgrade them. I had Koni shock absorbers and they were worn out in 12 months and 15,000 miles. I'm in the process of upgrading my suspension - just waiting for the parts to arrive.

Was that Koni adjustables? Surprised they wore out so quick any ideas why that was. So whats the set up for the future...... coilovers??? :thumbsup:

Yes they were top adjustable Konis. They wore out because of the extra weight of the 4a-gze engine and gearbox. I've just had mine weighted (admittedly with me in the drivers seat - so that adds a fair bit) and it comes in at 3111 lbs. Standard my SR weighed should have weighed in at 2546 lbs. Thats an extra 565 lbs and with a weight distribution of 60% to the front and 40% to the rear that's an extra 339 lbs on the front axle. The adjustable Konis are not designed to damp the extra loading that's why I'm having to get custom dampers made.

I'll remember that ;)

How come you want a second one? :huh:

I need black one to sit next to mine and make it look cool :thumbsup:

real reason my brother has always wanted mine and I wanted a black one :rolleyes:

I need black one to sit next to mine and make it look cool :thumbsup:

real reason my brother has always wanted mine and I wanted a black one :rolleyes:

Fair enough, i'll be sure to let you know when i'm selling ;) :thumbsup:

this is part of the reason i went for the 3S-GTE conversion. i looked at the GZE but £for BHP the GTE leaves it standing (literaly) yes it was more work and has cost a small fortune to get to the level it will be at but i feel its worth it

Wow it is more than 100 kilos more at the front. So how much will 3sgte weight? I would be concerned about handling. and e10 and e92 are lighter than e11. So weight distribution can be even worse than 60-40. Well I have an idea to solve this problem. There is some companies which make sporty spoilers, bonnets, etc. here. They are very light because there are made of fibre glass. And they are cheap. It would be minus 15-20 kilos at front so around 45-60 pounds. I can move a Battery to the back of car. It is probably around 30-45 pounds less at front and I can use audio cables to do this. Also I think that my bucket seats are much lighter than original ones, around half of original ones. Hope it will overall make 90-120 pounds less at front. It should help. If not I will modify the suspension. I am sure there is some more ways to save some weight.

Don’t bother buy a faster car, I did the conversion back in 2003 and have only just sold my car. If I had the choice of doing it again I would buy an ek9 civic type R instead.

have a look at www.knowlson.co.uk for some pictures

i'm sorry lads, i cant see what all the hullabaloo about a 4agze swap into an ae101 or ae111 is!!!

after all, that engine is made to fit in that chassis. as swaps go, its not that bad. dawesy swapped a 3sgte into a corolla (not a straight swap) and i'm swapping one into a sera (definitely not a straight swap).

and i have to say...although its a pain in the *****....i knew it would be before i started, and now that its nearly done...i'm wondering why it was never done before (besides the huge cost)

knowlson...and everyone else who carried out the 4agze swap.....yee did all the hard work for relatively little gains. we all know that the supercharger isnt quite up to the task of 200 bhp with the pulley. did yee know that yee could run a turbo on the standard ecu. get a second hand turbo and buy or make a manifold, and i swear, you will be happy with your bhp per pound

i'm sorry lads, i cant see what all the hullabaloo about a 4agze swap into an ae101 or ae111 is!!!

after all, that engine is made to fit in that chassis. as swaps go, its not that bad. dawesy swapped a 3sgte into a corolla (not a straight swap) and i'm swapping one into a sera (definitely not a straight swap).

and i have to say...although its a pain in the *****....i knew it would be before i started, and now that its nearly done...i'm wondering why it was never done before (besides the huge cost)

knowlson...and everyone else who carried out the 4agze swap.....yee did all the hard work for relatively little gains. we all know that the supercharger isnt quite up to the task of 200 bhp with the pulley. did yee know that yee could run a turbo on the standard ecu. get a second hand turbo and buy or make a manifold, and i swear, you will be happy with your bhp per pound

Dont get me wrong the 4agze is a great engine but for some reason there is a lot of :censor: about the 4agze on the web for instance if you check out fensports information on the 4agze and there pulley :rolleyes:

If I did keep the car I would have stuck a turbo on it, I have read loadsd about it! Over in OZ-Land they do it all the time but I sat down and wondered why the hell would I want to spend more on it when I could just buy a faster car?? I had my corolla conversion for 3 years!!!

I think the guy that has brought mine has some plans for it in the future, so will be interesting to see what he does with it.

Dont get me wrong the 4agze is a great engine but for some reason there is a lot of :censor: about the 4agze on the web for instance if you check out fensports information on the 4agze and there pulley :rolleyes:

If I did keep the car I would have stuck a turbo on it, I have read loadsd about it! Over in OZ-Land they do it all the time but I sat down and wondered why the hell would I want to spend more on it when I could just buy a faster car?? I had my corolla conversion for 3 years!!!

I think the guy that has brought mine has some plans for it in the future, so will be interesting to see what he does with it.

i suppose after a few years of pumping money into a car, there comes a point where you have to put on your sensible hat and cut your losses....i can understand that (hasnt happened to me yet though).

may i ask what you ended up buying?

Isn't the point of the 4AGZE having much more torque being missed?? After all you can go down the route of dumping the supercharger and putting a turbo on it but it will not have as much torque as a supercharged induction. :thumbsup:

Isn't the point of the 4AGZE having much more torque being missed?? After all you can go down the route of dumping the supercharger and putting a turbo on it but it will not have as much torque as a supercharged induction. :thumbsup:

yes this is true. it all just depends on what you want yourself. after all, you will be the one paying for it

edit- a turbo would create the same if not more torque.....it just changes the part of the rev range in which it produces it.......and it affects the responsiveness of the engine. it all depends on your driving style, and which one you prefer....top end or low/mid range

Having the charger is great you put you foot down and there is power straight away no lag no pause nothing just power.

BUT...... it's allways on at 75mph in 5th it engaged on mine it's not very good at mpg I spent £325 on petrol in feb....

Also trying to break the 200bhp barrier is costly! but if you stick a turbo on 250bhp is very easy to get There are loads of people that use the 4agze block in OZ to do this.

Another thing to remember is that with a turbo the 1/4 miles times are much better the 4agze due to a problem at 5500rpm in 3rd the REV pauses. this is a common problem that every 4agze has and this will allways impact on you 1/4 mile times. I think the ecu was designed to do this to save the engine, and the only way round it is to get a different ECU motec etc

0-60 on mine was 5.9 seconds it was not shabby at all but I wonder if the turbo would have been the same or faster?? If it was slower then whats the point?

Also trying to break the 200bhp barrier is costly!

Tell me about it :crybaby: I'm close but not close enough

Another thing to remember is that with a turbo the 1/4 miles times are much better the 4agze due to a problem at 5500rpm in 3rd the REV pauses. this is a common problem that every 4agze has and this will allways impact on you 1/4 mile times. I think the ecu was designed to do this to save the engine, and the only way round it is to get a different ECU motec etc

Been there and tried a lot of different solutions - all money down the drain. Standalone ECU was the only way to go - mine's a MoTeC M4

amaizing thing is i dont think the 3S is much heavier than the GZE. as long as you use the correct weight springs at the front all should be well, i currently use celica ST-162 springs with a 30mm drop think they may be 20% stiffer too. also a ful set of KONI adjustables. full supaflex bush kit helps.

as conversions go the GZE is fairly straight forward no real problem with engine mounts or cooling. only real head ache is the wiring.

3S-GTE is more involved as engine mounts need to be modified and the wiring can be a mare. as long as you aproach each conversion with a logical mind it aint to bad. ive now done 2 3S-GTE conversions and altough at the time it seemed a PITA looking back it wasnt too bad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links