Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is More Important?

Imek

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Is More Important?

• Looks
    • Engine Sound
    • Performance

What's the point in looking or sounding good if you haven't got the guts to back it up....

Just my opinion of course...

I pick looks everytime...

whats the point doing 0-60 in 5 secs ... everyone will just see a blur... look good, drive slow, lovin' in :D

I agree... the package as a whole is important...

If your only interested in pure performance, IMHO buy a bike...

Me.. I'll stick to a good-looking standard motor

wrap all three together and you have the perfect mixture for good solid motoring and turning a few heads while your doing it..........but at the end of the day its all down to personal choice and if we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place........

thus signs off the philosipher :thumbsup: :!Removed!:

It depends on your cercumstances, I would of course agree and say yes we should all have 700bhp supra's/(insert your personal fav here) with flip tone jap bodykits, all the toys, and a couple of well foxy girlies in the back, but not all of us can afford/insure/run a car like this.

I spent a couple of years running around in a 1.0 Yaris, much like Yarisboy is now, because I couldnt insure anything else, now I can just about insure my TSport, which has pretty good performance for what it is, looks pretty good, but while I had the GS - i made sure it looked pretty good and sounded good to (stereo that is), because that I could do, even if I couldnt get the performance sorted.

The other night I went out to laff at the Maxheads scremaing round the broadmarsh in nottingham. After getting board of watching rusty saxo's and fiestas with their drivers interested in nothing more than getting chased down the street by their overly loud and rather silly sounding exhausts, I ended up parked up with a Scooby in the layby, the guy was well interested in the car as he hadn't seen one before - he was a bit of a rasta and said my head unit was "POISON". It made my night really to talk to someone on the same level, he obviously liked the car, and the effort I had put into the mods, regardless of the fact he would have beaten me hands down in a race. I guess thats what I like about the Jap Scene, people respect you for the effort you make, not how many horses you got.

Steve.

Maybe I should clarify my POV....

As a personal opinion in my circumstances I would opt for performance as I already like the looks of my car and can would prefer my car to have more 'get up and go' than have a superb audio setup (although obviously that would be nice as well.

As people have said already it is a balance of all three that make up the total car it's not one or another.

Steve stated perfectly that it is also a major factor as to what your circumstances are, younger people are a lot less likely to get insured on monster vehicles.

The pride you take in your vehicle, whether it be in the performance, looks or ice setup is always apparent, if you've installed something on your car properly it is clearly seen, unfortunately too many people try and cut corners(myslef included) and the job looks nowhere near as good as it should...

Conversations like this are great if they are taken as personal opinonsbut very quickly get heated as people take offense, shouldn't we all be supporting each other in the modifictions were trying to do to our cars, whatever they may be, rather than bickering about which type of mod is more important or better...

Surely any type of mod that improves a car is as important as any other....

The purpose of this poll is not to 'slate' what other people do to their cars... but simply express peronal point of view.

I agree with what Steve R has said...

For the poll...

I bought my car because I liked the way it looked, and the performance was fine for me..

As for modding, I'd rather spend 4 grand on alloys & a bodykit than a supercharger for my IS..

I bought my car because I liked the way it looked, and the performance was fine for me..

As for modding, I'd rather spend 4 grand on alloys & a bodykit than a supercharger for my IS..

I agree with you too Fidgits, unfortunatly I don't have four grand to spend on wheels, a bodykit or a supercharger :o

Steve.

PS. Didn't mean to slate anyone - sorry if I did!!!

Hi Steve, I wasn't saying you slated anyone... and I never meant too...

I wish I had 4 grand to spend too... (which I don't)... I was simply saying if i had.. i'd rather have a 'poser' than a 'racer'..

looks gets my vote,everybody wants 600+bhp but honestly when are you ever going to use it,track days fine but 600+bhp isnt much good when your stuck in traffic,and a good sound set up is always welcome also,because lets be honest everybody checks out everybody else's cars looks :cacker:

friendly little debate this one is :)

I agree with all the points mentioned, not quite sure 600bhp is that necessary though :o :P 250bhp would suit me fine :rolleyes:

The pride the owner has for his/her car is clearly evident in the way it looks, how its cared for and many other factors...

and some mods may not be as attractive to some people, as they will to others :hokus-pokus:

for example fidgets wants everyone to see him in his IS cruising along (hehe) and zee (i think its zee sorry if i'm wrong!!) has the super charger in the same car, probably for the opposite reasons to posing :D :lol:

it's all down to personal preferance and we 'should' all give respect to how people want their cars to be :group-cuddles: :bookworm:

Id got for performance everytime. But need reliability with it. Noticed your from nottingham steve. I am at uni there. I was driving through nottingham when i first started there on sunday night and drove past the broadmarsh. I couldnt believe what i saw :eek: Have the police started cracking down on it yet?

Tom

im for all show, all go! :D

and im getting my CTS on Friday .. :drool:

im so happy that i can't sit still ..

The police stand outside the night club and watch - its been going on for years - they have burst where they send vans and car through and pull a load of people, but thats just to stop things getting out of control - in fairness they are very leniant - and most of the time not many people distrespect that.

Steve.

I dunno - Zee is a pretty good poser..... :o :P

Don't blame him,i'd would be as well :thumbsup:

He does have a all round car,great looks,great performance and a good sound set up.Him and Loz at Stoke starting the same song at the same time was well funny,shame you wasn't there Steve to add to the volume a bit.

Insurance and age do come into it a lot,younger drivers have to go for styling and ice because to go for performance would mean a to high insurance premium for most of them.

Once you pass the invisible insurance barrier you start to look under the bonnet to see what you can do for more gains but you never forget your past so that's why i would alway's try for a allround car,i'd miss all the toys and the looks thinking what car is that?

Just thought i'd better elaborate on my agreeing with Sam post and as he says again,each to there own.

I bought a corolla Sportivo, it doesn't exactly look the best, but it will look and sound so sweet after victory.

I am all performance, which makes the looks.

I bought a corolla Sportivo, it doesn't exactly look the best, but it will look and sound so sweet after victory.

I am all performance, which makes the looks.

See where you are coming from but i was at a TOC/LOC meet yesterday.Alongside 2 supercharged IS200's a 300GS which believe you and me really shifts and me the people coming up wanted to sit in my car,see what i had done and talk about what i had planned.

Incase you didn't know it is a avensis,full bodykit,sprayed orange,a few minor tweeks here and there,standard ice until i meet SteveR.So looks do matter but if dawesy had been there and fired up his anti-lag,the whole off the carpark would have been there in seconds.

Each to there own as i say but incase you didn't know come november a late revision j-spec 3s-gte is going in mine with a full ice set-up and front to back leather interior.

Enough power to have a laugh on track and kick a few butts.Sounds that you can die for and a bodykit and colour to turn heads,basically a allround car like Zee's.

Not saying i will ever beat the likes of dawesy but if he makes a mistake,well he won't live it down for a few weeks :P :lol:

Just to let you know 2zz he is the second fastest fwd in the UK :thumbsup: