Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is More Important?

Imek

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Is More Important?

• Looks
    • Engine Sound
    • Performance

Just to let you know 2zz he is the second fastest fwd in the UK

what is the first then???? :P

Just to let you know 2zz he is the second fastest fwd in the UK

what is the first then???? :P

Not sure but if we ask nicely enough Dawesy will be along shortly enough when he is off work to answer that question,Dawwwwwsey!!! :lol:

at the redline rumble had a few probs so car not at its best but fastest fwd there was wait for it.....................................................a maestro a 500bhp maestrodid somthing like a 12.2 so there is somthing for me to aim at. however going o those results now shes back on form second fastest should be about right. especialy when i get me brand new short engine throw in a set of forged pistons and wind up da boost :eek:

Im in the performance boat myself, but this dosnt just mean power. For me its the whole driving experiance.

When im in my old classic, its the feel of the driving. It might be nosy inside and a little taty on the outside, but the feel is amazing. The messages you recieve etc. I think its a slightly romantic view of motoring. Id love to drive an old 250 GTO LM down some country roads etc.

Their was an old road race in mexico, that was somthing like 5000 miles and took the entire mexican police force to man, and use as stewards. The cars (like the ferrari Boss, i think, a version of the original testerrosa)were specially bodied, and used perpose built engines. Just the ordacity and brute force of the individual. Can u imagine just canning the ***** of a specially built and coachwork bodied ferrari V8 down across the mexican border, through rundown rural towns, with just the tiniest of windscreens, a cap, and goggles. That V8 just howling to the tune of four downdraft carbs, with skinny tires, no power steering, and leaving a huge dust trail in your wake. That i think, boys and girls, is what motoring is about.

I have say like others here, it gotta be all 3.

Cos they are all just as important. But for me in this order!!

1. The Stereo

To me this is very important. Some of you may think yeah yeah boy racer boom boom. I have heard it all before.

I compete with, well what I did have in my car!! It may not look much(well it doesn't now!!) but it sounded beautiful. Which is why I pulled 2nd at Doncaster, 3rd at Sheffield and 1st at JAPFEST!!

It about the sound quality and not just how loud it is!!

2. Looks

This is next important on my list. Cos a car that looks beautiful or just god damn sexy is nice.

I mean ask Alex(My lady!!) and she will tell you, there is a fine line between a beautifully done car and something that is over the top and looks S :censor: :censor: t!

Unfortunately mine you will probably think looks s :censor: :censor: t at the minute!!

3. Performance

This is important in it own right but not essential. If you car sounds nice & looks nice you want it to go well.

I mean, I have had some major uncertenties where engines are concerned!!

I always want the 3sgte in my car, I looked at 4age 20v and the 4agze.

I have finally come to the decision that I will put together and fit a 5efte with a Motec(maybe). I'm after some where in the region of 250-300bhp if thats realistic, knowing me probably not!!

But I want a car that will shock people, because in most idiotic peoples view it just a s :censor: :censor: :censor: tty Starlet. And I want to show those people that my car is somethin to envy/ be afraid of!!

Please note I am not condoning do anything illegal in my car!!! Before someone flies off the handle!!

when i get me brand new short engine throw in a set of forged pistons and wind up da boost :eek:

dont know anythink about turbos really, but what compression pistons would you go for? What about rods? are they stock etc. Have you also gone for uprated bolts etc.

Scott that was a brilliantly poetic notion you've left in my mind with ur post about romantic driving :thumbsup:

and i have to say I totally agree with everything you said lol, would be a fantastic experience no doubt :yes:

ha, thanks mate. personally, driving should stir the heart, As well as pump the adreneline :D

when i get me brand new short engine throw in a set of forged pistons and wind up da boost :eek:

dont know anythink about turbos really, but what compression pistons would you go for? What about rods? are they stock etc. Have you also gone for uprated bolts etc.

rest of the bottom end is std should be good for 370bhp compression ratio not sure of yet would like to make it high compression for better economy but we'll have to see.

watch this space :D

What did you run at the rumble Dawsey? Was gonna head down but waiting to get my turbo fitted (which im halfway through now).

a sad and p :censor: poor 14.2@103. first run bogged it as the launch control was set to low second run couldn't get second (fixed got a new g/box) 14.6 cr :censor: p. third run jumped the start and didnt get a time. however pulled the data log from the ecu and discovered that the highest the boost got was 0.97bar :eek: turbo was obviously not feeling at its best so on went a nice new st2 turbo and anti-lag. so just waiting to go again and see if i can make a big improvement on my best times. if i can get rid of some wheelspin itll be 12's think. 0-100 11.3 but with a lot of wheelspin :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links