Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Views On Colours? Ones To Avoid?

Jesper O

any views on trade in and looks for the avensis?

at my dealer only seem to be red t3s and carlo blue / burgundy T3X

- advice on impact of selection ???

Silvern fern all the way!

Same colour here but there are reports of plastics turning a lighter shade over time due to "chemical reactions" between the paint and the different surfaces. Probably not such a problem if your car is garaged... Mine isn't and the wing mirrors are a slightly lighter shade than the body (very slightly). Still, Silver Fern is a difficult colour to pin down for people. I've had mine called silver, white (!!), grey, green, pink (!!!!) depending on who was looking and under what lighting conditions. Although I think the guy that said pink needs corrective surgery!

I like the colour but have now started prefering black - with the proviso that you get the paintwork protection. I think it's Liam McGloin that has a spanking example of how smart a black 'vensis can look. Clicky then Scrolly Downy :thumbsup: (Plus my little comment at the end! ;))

Mines Metropolis Grey...

which is a sort of charcoal colour...

I quite like it now i've lived with it for a while... less common than all those silver cars on the road. ;)

I'd personnally avoid Black, unless you want to spend every other day washing it to make it Black again. :blink:

I dont like red, but do like Burgundy - go figure? :D

I'm another one in the Silver Fern camp. Ones I would definately avoid are White, Burgandy and the goldy coloured one!!!! Before anyone takes that personally I hasten to add its only my opinion.

I went for Silver Steel cos it was a bit lighter than silver fern. Common but easy to keep clean. Discounted dark blue and black for that reason plus I used to have a dark blue Corolla and the bonnet looked like it had snowflakes from road chippings. - light grey undercoats are not good with dark top coats.

Don't dislike the burgundy, had that on a Carina, quite like the bronze but never have fancied bright red. White is good to keep clean strangely but doesn't suit the car in my view.

So far after 3 years and 2 silver Avensises I've never seen a green one! :D

Hi,

Mine is Metallized Bronze, colour code is 4Q9.

Rather unusual for the Avensis, I did not see it often, even if I am driving a lot all over Europe.

My colour perfectly suits the 4 doors Sedan, especially in SOL (sorry I don't know the equivalent UK of SOL level of finishing) version with beige inside, as the inserts on the doors and the dashboard are light wooden ones. The contrast between outside colour and inside colour is great. Makes the Avensis look much more luxurious than with a dark inside.

Furthermore this Bronze colour does not get easily dirty and is making much easier to recognise your Avensis on a parking lot at a single glance than if you had one of these too common Silver Fern ones.

If it remains available, I will chose again this combination of outside/inside colours for the next one.

I initially wanted a Silver Fern (1C0) or an Almond Green (6T1) but finally am very satisfied with what I got.

Best regards

'Platinum' (2005), a sort of richer silver, sometimes looks a little more beige/grey depending on the light. Most sold colour over here on this most sold car. Second most sold was 'light olive' -- sort of silver with a hint of green. Almost went for it but in some lights it didn't look too good while it normally looked great, and the roof rails and grills being silver and not quite matching broke the colour rule that they should be the same (not almost the same) as the rest of the car or entirely different.

9 months later I'm still kind of happy with platinum, but also feel that I chickened out of getting a 'real' colour. The Avensis certainly looks more of a bulk to reckon with in a darker, true color -- the dark red, dark blue and brown metallics are starting to look like they have more personality that I could get used to quickly, and also look like a family car rather than something used for businesss (OK, it is, but that's not the point).

In summary -- silver or a 'real' colour for me.

I'm owning a (2000 modal) red metallic one (summer red i think). The paint is very fragile. The slightest scratch is visible because of the white under paint. Next time i will definately avoid this color.

The only advantage: it looks very good in sun light.

I'm owning a (2000 modal) red metallic one (summer red i think). The paint is very fragile. The slightest scratch is visible because of the white under paint. Next time i will definately avoid this color.

The only advantage: it looks very good in sun light.

I found that the paint chips down to the steel very easily. Not many layers methinks. Luckily mines just on the door edge so it's not too noticable. I've just painted some laquer onto it until I can get the colour kit to do it properly. Bad thing about silver is if you do get a chip, you might only notice when your washing your car and if you get it auto-washed you might never notice it. Although I've heard from the guys that truck the steel around for Burnaston that there are some "coils" that have been rejected in a yard that have been outside for months and are still showing no signs of rust. :o

I went for Silver Steel cos it was a bit lighter than silver fern. Common but easy to keep clean. Discounted dark blue and black for that reason plus I used to have a dark blue Corolla and the bonnet looked like it had snowflakes from road chippings. - light grey undercoats are not good with dark top coats.

Don't dislike the burgundy, had that on a Carina, quite like the bronze but never have fancied bright red. White is good to keep clean strangely but doesn't suit the car in my view.

So far after 3 years and 2 silver Avensises I've never seen a green one! :D

Which was exactly why I chose the green, not regretted it yet, :thumbsup: Seen about 3 others in the past year. And then a work colleague goes and gets one in green as well, AND with the 2.2D and 6 speed box.....git

I have the keilder green on a 2.0 aito tourer.

At 20 months seems servicable and makes the tourer loook very classy! The bonnet and the roof spoiler do look a slightly differnt collor though.

Trafficman :lol:

..I had ordered 'silver fern'...being Kiwi that seemed the logical colour..but when I viewed it in the flesh, it looked a bit 'aunty'..

so colour 1CO..whatever that is in UK ( I think its Platinum) in Finland...but as Avensis Wagon says..it looks like a sales rep car and I reckon the Black looks much more cool...or even the dark blue...

My '53 T-Spirit is Cobolt Blue in metallic finish.

My favourite colour is usually red, but I think this blue is very suitable for this car, and it looks brilliant, especially when I've just had it cleaned and polished!