Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh My Car Door!

KevT3

Hi all,

something really bad happened to my car... I parked my in the open car park next to a wall. My girlfriend was in a hurry and she opened it so quickly and let it swing... you can guess what happened... "BANG..." the door hit the wall with quite a strong force... I can see the side bar is doing its job and have a little dent on the edge, it's the edge becase the door is swinged to almost it's full.

Is there anything else that I need to check to make sure no serious harm is done to the door? :crybaby: Also, how should i repair the dent on the edge? I am not paranoide because the door really did hit the wall quite hard.

Kev :( :eek::huh: :o :unsure::wacko:

I didn't want to shout at my girlfriend becuase i know it's an accident, but my heart hurt... I swear that I would never have done this to my car ever in my life!!!!!!

Just don't understand how people do that...

thats dam unfortunate, i feel for you :(

if the door closes fine they're wouldn't be much to worry about, check if its pulled away from the front left panel, if its the same as the other side then its probably ok

as regards the dent, if the paint is cracked i'm not sure there is much you can do about it (without a new panel to get it back to perfect, i wouldn't consider that worth it), but if its not i'm sure a panel beater could get it out for you

if the door closes fine they're wouldn't be much to worry about, check if its pulled away from the front left panel, if its the same as the other side then its probably ok

as regards the dent, if the paint is cracked i'm not sure there is much you can do about it (without a new panel to get it back to perfect, i wouldn't consider that worth it), but if its not i'm sure a panel beater could get it out for you

Cheers mate :( I feel so unhappy tonight becoz of that...

What do you mean by front left panel? how would it been pulled away??

Kev

Cheers mate :( I feel so unhappy tonight becoz of that...

What do you mean by front left panel? how would it been pulled away??

Kev

happened to me a while ago in a car park but it wasn't even my doing, some 'person' slammed their car door into mine and left a big dent, no consideration at all, probably didn't even look twice, it really annoyed me at the time :ffs: but i've managed to get over it :)

if she really gave it a good swing it may have stretched the hinges on the door, just compare the door closed on the drivers side to the passenger side, the distance between the door panel and the front wing panel should be the same (doubt the swing caused that much damage though, you'd really have to hurl it open)

ps. dump her :D

happened to me a while ago in a car park but it wasn't even my doing, some 'person' slammed their car door into mine and left a big dent, no consideration at all, probably didn't even look twice, it really annoyed me at the time :ffs: but i've managed to get over it :)

if she really gave it a good swing it may have stretched the hinges on the door, just compare the door closed on the drivers side to the passenger side, the distance between the door panel and the front wing panel should be the same (doubt the swing caused that much damage though, you'd really have to hurl it open)

Hahaha.... your ps is not an option i am afraid...

I am still trying to heal my feeling, but as i LOVE my car so much :) it's still very fresh in my mind.

Thx richard!! I will have a check tomorrow morning

Cheers

Kev

Hi Richard, just checked today, the gap between the damaged door panel and the front wing panel is greater than the one on the other side... I think it's about 2-3mm more, is that ok?

I looked at the bolts on the hinges, they are still intact.

Kevin

ah wouldn't worry about that at all, if its not noticeable without comparing i'd just leave it

if the door closes fine, nothing to worry about, the other thing was in case it started to let a draft in and make noise, but the gap is too small to let that happen so don't worry! just the dent and make her pay! and if not in cash theres always other ways.... :D

ps. probation for a month, is she does it again, out the door! :thumbsup:

ah wouldn't worry about that at all, if its not noticeable without comparing i'd just leave it

if the door closes fine, nothing to worry about, the other thing was in case it started to let a draft in and make noise, but the gap is too small to let that happen so don't worry! just the dent and make her pay! and if not in cash theres always other ways.... :D

ps. probation for a month, is she does it again, out the door! :thumbsup:

HAHAHAH :lol:

Cheers for your help

Kev