Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Not Working - Bulb Is Fine Tho!?

pikku

Hello all, am new here, excellent and v interesting forum folks!

My prob is as follows....My 2 headlights blew yesterday, or so I thought. Replaced both headlamp bulbs (the dips, not the high beam if that makes any difference)...The bulb on the right was indeed blown but the bulb on the left looked fine....Replaced it anyway, in case there was something wrong with it. Still not working. Checked the fuses - all looked fine. Swapped the fuse anyway for another that is definately working - still nothing.

Anyone any ideas as to what to try next? What the prob could be?

She has been chugging a *little* on colder/damp mornings when starting up, but again, i dont really think that is anything to do with the issue in the lights....or is it!?

Any thoughts/advice/experience welcome!

• 13 years later...

U can buy new faulty bulbs!! Put the bulb in tht works in to the headline tht doznt,,if ur fuses r good, then run  wires frm one workin headline to the other, thtll do the trick👍good luck, 

Mod edit: please stop using textspeak.

Hopefully he's fixed it after almost 14 years 😉

• Haha 1

He shud still av it😌and its their for future ref for any one who as the same problem 👌r u good with toyota?? I av few probs with mine?? 🤔 

Mod edit: please stop using textspeak

13 hours ago, Als68 said:

He shud still av it😌and its their for future ref for any one who as the same problem 👌r u good with toyota?? I av few probs with mine?? 🤔 

It's probably best you start a new thread of your own with the issues you are having with your car. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:15 PM, Als68 said:

Unfortunately on forums, you get posts which have the same problem, but in this instance didn't get any help/response from the forum. So probably was not bothered to say if the matter was resolved. Also pikku only posted once, a long time ago - 2006, 3 years before I joined. Sometimes forum members post a problem and solution. If there is an unsolved problem that I know the answer to, I may answer it. Sometimes I start a new thread and link the original to it. That way, if someone like you comes across it, via Google search there may be an answer.
Just to add the OP car has slightly different lights being the pre face lift. Yours is either the face lift Mk1 T22 or the Mk2 T25, since 2003 is the change over point.

Edited by Konrad C
additional words

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links