Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking About Buying A Rav4

alhendo1

Hi there.I'm thinking about buying a rav4, maybe about 4 years old or so.Can anyone out there tell me if they are as a whole quite reliable or are there particular years or variations I should avoid. I have a 2002 vvti avensis which has been nothing but bother.Apparently the british made 1800vvti's between 2000-2002 have a number of quality issues ranging from oil burning engines to dodgy gear boxes.any help would be appreciated......... :thumbsup:

Hi,

I feel I have to balance the opinion and I can only speak based on my own experience.

I have a Rav D4D GX and I have had nothing but trouble with it since the day I bought it.

The Dual Mass Flywheel has failed no less then THREE times and Toyota dont want to know, they even refuese to answer my letters now - so much for customer service.

I am also fighting with the dealer I bought it from, Listers of Boston, as they refuse to honor their warrenty and even atempt to fix it.

So my personal experience is crap. The car is a white elephant and both the dealer and Toyota have taken my very hard earnt money and now dont want to know.

I would NOT recomend a Rav4 to anyone now and I seriously regret ever buying mine.

There are makes of 4x4 SUV's out there that have equal or better reputations than the Rav4 and the makers actually seem to want and value your custom.

Good luck and I hope you have a great experience with what ever you decide to go with.

Regards,

Kenny Green

:censor: I'd advise you to get in touch with Trading Standards asap Kenny. Trust me,they will help you.

As for my RAV Experiences?, I had two at once,both great but now only have the one.

:thumbsup: Very reliable Motors as far as I'm concerned

If you do decide to get one, check the alloys. They are terrible. I've had three sets in two years.the set I have on now hare corroding (only slighty but I can see where it's about to come through) in only four months. I have treated them exactly as Toyota recommended after complaining to them. They aren't faulty tho according to toyota. Which means toyota must be happy to let cars go out with sh*te wheels.

If you do decide to get one, check the alloys. They are terrible. I've had three sets in two years.the set I have on now hare corroding (only slighty but I can see where it's about to come through) in only four months. I have treated them exactly as Toyota recommended after complaining to them. They aren't faulty tho according to toyota. Which means toyota must be happy to let cars go out with sh*te wheels.

Thanks for your views and advice.I'll maybe think a bit longer before I commit myself to another toyota.

Hi,

I feel I have to balance the opinion and I can only speak based on my own experience.

I have a Rav D4D GX and I have had nothing but trouble with it since the day I bought it.

The Dual Mass Flywheel has failed no less then THREE times and Toyota dont want to know, they even refuese to answer my letters now - so much for customer service.

I am also fighting with the dealer I bought it from, Listers of Boston, as they refuse to honor their warrenty and even atempt to fix it.

So my personal experience is crap. The car is a white elephant and both the dealer and Toyota have taken my very hard earnt money and now dont want to know.

I would NOT recomend a Rav4 to anyone now and I seriously regret ever buying mine.

There are makes of 4x4 SUV's out there that have equal or better reputations than the Rav4 and the makers actually seem to want and value your custom.

Good luck and I hope you have a great experience with what ever you decide to go with.

Regards,

Kenny Green

Hi,

Regards,

Kenny Green