Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dent.....help

ambkosh

I go to my car in the parking lot and find a small dent on the driver side door. I was wondering if It can be fixed by just taking the door panel (door dash?) off and pushing it out....Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Oh btw, 2003 celica gt

i got heaps of dents they add style... not big dents just lil poofters openin there door into mine celicas r made out of real thin metal so u probly could but im not the person to be askin

:angry: talkn about door dash how u get that thing off! iv taken all screws out and stuff but i cant get it off. how do i take the window winder off? i think that may be what it is caught on. i need it off because my lock decided that when i was to put the key in it would run back into the door..

Hi

check these out. www.dentwiz.com and www.dentdevil.com.

These organizations have franchises worldwide, Ive used a UK dent devil and the results are superb. There is no removal of panels involved, they have a special tool and go down through the door glass opening,or any place they can access the back of the panel. It cost me £75 for the guy to remove three door dents and it only took about 3 minutes and there is absolutely no trace of the dents ever being there and it is a fraction of the cost of a body shop.

Hope tis helps

Not 100% sure off your model but most winders held on with a cip behind the handle.trick is to get a cloth behind handle pull up and down back and forth gently it will catch the spring clip and handle should pull off!replace clip and just push handle back on.

thnx for the window winder tip it was a clip - my friend came over with a tool that just pops those buggers right out no fuss. :thumbsup:

i still couldnt get the dash off- i have 87 cel and well u have to take out the door opener cover also to get that damn thing dash off. :P

also...

my light in the door on the left side wont go on when door opens nor does the center roof light - the right side door light goes on tho - i fiddled with them and got the working for a while but after a few days they stop working?? any body have any ideas on what the problem is. iv checked fuses and the wire connections look secure and neat.

any ideas would help heaps.

I don't know about the dash, but the light problem may be the little push switch on the door pillar. Its a little black switch 1/4 of the way up the pillar. Check the contacts on the switch. If they are corroded then you will get the problem you described. I think they are about £5 from any Toyota dealer.

hope this helps

my ligths wouldnt work either theres a fuse box under the drivers side dash on the side of the car.. and just look at all the fuses theres a main one that controls it all it was blown and a few others were too.. try it

thnks ill check the fuses.

yet i dont think it is them coz i fiddled with lighting socket and got it working for a while ( center light) [door light works now.]

now it dont work again. may be an earth problem?

how do i take the roof carpet off without damaging it to expose the wire? although i feel this is only a waste of time.

:afro: <_<

:boxing: :ffs:

:lol: B)

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to try and pop the dent out firstly you need to strip down the panel, and see if you can access it sometimes you come across a double skin inside not nice :crybaby: , I would for the money get a dentman to do it, however sometimes even their results are a 90% better than it was before but not perfect.

if you can push it out you need something solid like a bar and a spoon type end on it, cover it in a little cloth and don't go in heavy handed if possible get it under a garage strip light so you can see the reflection of the strip light on the dent, you should see a line with a curve in it "that's your dent", now whilst working your bar inside get it on the dent and start to ease it out whilst watching the light "line" when you see the reflection as straight then your dent should be out if it starts going worse stop - cry :crybaby: - and consult a professional :rolleyes: