Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strut Bar?

KevT3

I could find a decent priced TTE spring, and now, I am wondering, is strut bar another way to go? Does it make a big difference? If strut bar improves handling and doesn't affect comfort as much as the spring, I think it's a good investment.

If they are good, does anyone know what brand and makes are good? I have seen some of eBay, are they good?

Kevin

Hello, well i have a yaris, and got front upper fitted when i got the car.Makes a massive differance to cornering as the front end sticks like glue. then i bought the rear upper for the yaris and even better :thumbsup:

Last week fitted front lower :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: now its like its on rails and real point and shoot.

i would of though it would be much the same on the corrolla. well other it. GO BUY! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But..... be aware you feel more bumps the more struts fitted.

TRD and Omp seem to be the main ones,there are a few others just look at the price to see if ok. your looking about £55 front upper, £35 rear upper. also think ENVY may do some not sure, worth checking.

also a good site to use is. (www.strutbracer.co.uk) i got all mine from there, good quality too. good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello, well i have a yaris, and got front upper fitted when i got the car.Makes a massive differance to cornering as the front end sticks like glue. then i bought the rear upper for the yaris and even better :thumbsup:

Last week fitted front lower :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: now its like its on rails and real point and shoot.

i would of though it would be much the same on the corrolla. well other it. GO BUY! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But..... be aware you feel more bumps the more struts fitted.

TRD and Omp seem to be the main ones,there are a few others just look at the price to see if ok. your looking about £55 front upper, £35 rear upper. also think ENVY may do some not sure, worth checking.

also a good site to use is. (www.strutbracer.co.uk) i got all mine from there, good quality too. good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is this one ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

yeh ive had my car lowered with TTE springs and i also hav a TTE strut, makes a difference, i also fitted the springs first and straight away i felt the difference then i fitted the strut, at first i couldnt really feel the difference but after i while i def felt the difference going on roundabouts, i can go around the round about with more speed.

heres a picture of my strut

dsc006213ks.th.jpg

be aware though if you want to buy the TTE strut make sure you buy the Right hand drive (RHD) Strut and not left hand drive. because i gave my dealer the left hand drive (LHD) part number and odviously it didnt fit so i had to contact TTE myself to exchange it and send it bak to germany but it was all done in a week. im affraid i dont hav the part number for the right hand drive strut (RHD). not even TTE website tell you the part njmber for a right hand drive. so you best email TTE and they will giv you the part number. the TTE strut costs £122 def worth the money and i would say that isnt that expensive especially if you want all your parts to be TTE. TRD strut costs nearly £200 from fensport

yeh ive had my car lowered with TTE springs and i also hav a TTE strut, makes a difference, i also fitted the springs first and straight away i felt the difference then i fitted the strut, at first i couldnt really feel the difference but after i while i def felt the difference going on roundabouts, i can go around the round about with more speed.

heres a picture of my strut

dsc006213ks.th.jpg

be aware though if you want to buy the TTE strut make sure you buy the Right hand drive (RHD) Strut and not left hand drive. because i gave my dealer the left hand drive (LHD) part number and odviously it didnt fit so i had to contact TTE myself to exchange it and send it bak to germany but it was all done in a week. im affraid i dont hav the part number for the right hand drive strut (RHD). not even TTE website tell you the part njmber for a right hand drive. so you best email TTE and they will giv you the part number. the TTE strut costs £122 def worth the money and i would say that isnt that expensive especially if you want all your parts to be TTE. TRD strut costs nearly £200 from fensport

That's quite expensive... is it special metal? would it make the car too heavy? Does anyone knows one which is cheaper, but as good?

Regards,

Kevin

I could find a decent priced TTE spring, and now, I am wondering, is strut bar another way to go? Does it make a big difference? If strut bar improves handling and doesn't affect comfort as much as the spring, I think it's a good investment.

If they are good, does anyone know what brand and makes are good? I have seen some of ebay, are they good?

Kevin

I have the TTE Strutbrace and it looks great and you can feel the difference about the handeling quite well

I would go for the TTE because its NOT adjustable so STIFFER

afbeelding1198rr.jpg

Make sure you buy the righthandside TTE Strutbrace because the lefthanddrive wo,nt FIT

If they are good, does anyone know what brand and makes are good? I have seen some of ebay, are they good?

Kevin

I have the TTE Strutbrace and it looks great and you can feel the difference about the handeling quite well

I would go for the TTE because its NOT adjustable so STIFFER

afbeelding1198rr.jpg

Make sure you buy the righthandside TTE Strutbrace because the lefthanddrive wo,nt FIT

Hey Jo,

If I have to choose between a strut bar and lower spring, which is a better option? strut bar is about half of the price because i don't need to get it fitted by someone...

Also, wouldn't the sturt bar make the car a lot heavier? The strut that you got looks very solid...

Kev

A couple more kg's on a car that weighs in at over 1100kg isnt going to make much difference :thumbsup:

The strut is light its made out of ali and its hollow in the middle, it doesnt weigh more than 2kg, basically wen i sent the left hand drive one bak to TTE ups weighed it and it weighed with the box 2kg, so its very light. i would recommend u getting it lowered and fitting the strut, if u just get the strut i dont think you would feel much difference. hows the pedals going Jo? ive been trying hill and toe with my pedals its easier but still really hard. lol

The strut is light its made out of ali and its hollow in the middle, it doesnt weigh more than 2kg, basically wen i sent the left hand drive one bak to TTE ups weighed it and it weighed with the box 2kg, so its very light. i would recommend u getting it lowered and fitting the strut, if u just get the strut i dont think you would feel much difference. hows the pedals going Jo? ive been trying hill and toe with my pedals its easier but still really hard. lol

I would recommend the TTE strutbrace and the TTE springs The strutbrace is indeed very light .

The "searching" of the car on roads with tracks ( don,t no the right word ) in it is more less

Pedals are fine :thumbsup::yes: William i put my TTE wheels back on the car last Saterday

Kevin , buy the springs or strutbrace seperatly and save some money first :thumbsup:

I would recommend the TTE strutbrace and the TTE springs The strutbrace is indeed very light .

The "searching" of the car on roads with tracks ( don,t no the right word ) in it is more less

Pedals are fine :thumbsup::yes: William i put my TTE wheels back on the car last Saterday

Kevin , buy the springs or strutbrace seperatly and save some money first :thumbsup:

So G6-R, do you have any pics of your car with the TTE wheels and TTE front bumper (fitted & sprayed) yet??? Dying to see the result!!! :yes:

hey kev just went on eBay and just found ur car for sale, wen did u decide to sell it for a MR2? it must of been all a sudden, since u was talking bout adding a strut

hey kev just went on ebay and just found ur car for sale, wen did u decide to sell it for a MR2? it must of been all a sudden, since u was talking bout adding a strut

Haha... oh, so you recognise my car!!!! :blink: :D

I am just selling it for a laugh, I would sell it if it's a good price though

It's always a dream to have a sports car like MR2 (becoz i know i can never buy a porchue)

My girlfriend is getting a company car which makes it not necessary for me to have a family car... having said all these, i don't think it's gonna make £8000. So just for a laugh :) (and see how much people think my car worths)

Kev

So G6-R, do you have any pics of your car with the TTE wheels and TTE front bumper (fitted & sprayed) yet??? Dying to see the result!!! :yes:

Sorry mate i have to wait unti the Firts of April ( and thats not a joke ) to get the upper Grill that i orderd new , but when i have the Grill i,am going to put the TTE frontbumper on my Rolla .

wen i put the bumper on now i have to get it off again to fit the Grill thats why i don,t have on my Rolla now

;)