Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Budget (UK) 22 March 2006

Johndcfc

So I wonder how much tw*t brown will increase car / fuel tax by today....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Bibbs

• sotal

• Karma Supra

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparetly there will be a big hike in 4x4 tax ..

So that it peeps, sell your Fiat Pandas and buy RX7's ..

whats worse, i heard he is planning on additional tax for 'large engined cars' :ffs: :censor:

forget that they already pay a lot more because of the additional fuel...

But modern large V8's pump out significantly less harmful gases than a 1970 1300cc beetle (or something) that the lentalists are running around in!

mind you, im used to Gordon robbing me blind in every budget....

The Times recons that engines that chuck out 250g/km for CO2 or above will have the vehicle tax increased to £200. I drive a RAV4, if it were over 250g/kg (which it is not) going from £165 to £200 per year would not put me off driving it. It's just another way of picking on a group of people because another group are too daft to realise why we drive 4x4's.

Got my fingers crossed that he doesn't abolish historic tax, there's talk of him completely getting rid of the vehicles made before 1973 are tax exempt rule. Then my landrover won't be tax exempt, and it will be a 4x4 so it will have the expensive rate of tax :(

The Times recons that engines that chuck out 250g/km for CO2 or above will have the vehicle tax increased to £200. I drive a RAV4, if it were over 250g/kg (which it is not) going from £165 to £200 per year would not put me off driving it. It's just another way of picking on a group of people because another group are too daft to realise why we drive 4x4's.

but you know he will exempt classic cars from that...

even though a 1970's fiesta chucks out the same level of C02 as 20 2001 fiestas... thats okay :rolleyes:

I'm all for taxing SUVs more highly. 99% will never see any off-road action yet sales are really escalating.

In addition to being high on emissions (we're supposed to be reducing -- if everyone changed over we'd be increasing), SUVsmore likely to cause death in a rollover and certainly more dangerous to pedestrians. The latter, especially combined with the fact that they block your view, makes it a pretty selfish vehicle to by for a school run. People like this not only look silly, they're snobby, ignorant and downright immoral. For some reason (oh, that would be the ignorance) they actually think it makes them look good.

I guess in general I'm in favour of taxation based on environmental load -- no one stops you having a big engine as such, but you pay for it. Of course, only rich people would have fast cars then, so I propose an environmental tax in proportion to your wealth. This way only chavs whose wealth couldn't be assessed due to their 'grey' income could afford performance vehicles. :help:

I'm all for taxing SUVs more highly. 99% will never see any off-road action yet sales are really escalating.

In addition to being high on emissions (we're supposed to be reducing -- if everyone changed over we'd be increasing), SUVsmore likely to cause death in a rollover and certainly more dangerous to pedestrians. The latter, especially combined with the fact that they block your view, makes it a pretty selfish vehicle to by for a school run. People like this not only look silly, they're snobby, ignorant and downright immoral. For some reason (oh, that would be the ignorance) they actually think it makes them look good.

I guess in general I'm in favour of taxation based on environmental load -- no one stops you having a big engine as such, but you pay for it. Of course, only rich people would have fast cars then, so I propose an environmental tax in proportion to your wealth. This way only chavs whose wealth couldn't be assessed due to their 'grey' income could afford performance vehicles. :help:

Well we wait again to see how much the grim reaper is going to tax us on....

Lets see how much we can put on those nasty 4x4 cars..... :ban:

Why do they all assume we dont need them for the purpose of what they are designed for...Bet the tree huggers will be dancing around the Apple tree

I could not do with out mine as I live out in the sticks and It proved it's worth... I beleive that most cars pollute more than 4x4, but it's seen in a different light....

Someone coming from Finland moaning about 4x4 in the UK is daft.... :angry: Yes some do buy them for the school run mum but a good few have to have them for there job or location needs... Me I need one for my job and home location. I choose to live in the country as I dont want to pay £££££ for a concrete box stacked on top of each other.. I drive to all sorts of building sites and a normal car would just get stuck and the supension would give up...

A GREEN BUDGET?

There has also been speculation that the chancellor may use this Budget to promote green policies aimed at tackling climate change.

The Treasury is understood to be considering proposals from the RAC for a new £200 top rate of vehicle excise duty, to cover cars that produce more than 250g of carbon dioxide per kilometre.

Other green taxes being scrutinised by the Treasury include higher council tax for households throwing away too much rubbish and less for those promoting energy efficient lifestyles.

£200 for !Removed! road tax???? :eek: think i'll sell the 300 & get a Aygo...

s*x TAX CUT?

Finally, there are clear indications that the chancellor will cut VAT on condoms and other contraceptives, including the morning after pill.

The tax will reportedly fall from 17.5% to 5%, a move which reportedly would cost the Treasury £10m.

WTF :lol::rolleyes:

J

s*x TAX CUT?

Finally, there are clear indications that the chancellor will cut VAT on condoms and other contraceptives, including the morning after pill.

The tax will reportedly fall from 17.5% to 5%, a move which reportedly would cost the Treasury £10m.

Shouldn't have to pay VAT on contraceptives anyway... you're saving the government money by not creating life (NHS, Maternity, Benefits, TAX Breaks) and preventing the risk of STDs (NHS, SSP). :angry:

yeah, i completley agree there!

mind you, expect them to introduce VAT onto something previously exempt, like kids clothes or something...

Gordon likes to spend the money, and someones got to pay for it!

Shouldn't have to pay VAT on contraceptives anyway... you're saving the government money by not creating life (NHS, Maternity, Benefits, TAX Breaks) and preventing the risk of STDs (NHS, SSP). :angry:

But they want you to have kids .. it's another way of getting more money in the long run and paying for our own pensions (which if you think they are poor now, just give it 40 years).

Seems to me the people having kids are not the ones contributing to society anyway ..

But they want you to have kids .. it's another way of getting more money in the long run and paying for our own pensions (which if you think they are poor now, just give it 40 years).

Seems to me the people having kids are not the ones contributing to society anyway ..

Aint that the truth - the BBC were running off some statistics earlier:

Since these clowns have been in power, the average dole scrounging family with kids are 50 pounds a week better off, while the average hard working family with no kids are 20 pounds a week worse off....

Aint that the truth - the BBC were running off some statistics earlier:

Since these clowns have been in power, the average dole scrounging family with kids are 50 pounds a week better off, while the average hard working family with no kids are 20 pounds a week worse off....

Okay, so how many people who complain actually voted?

I know I didn't .. but then I'm not even on the electoral register. I've not got a perminant residence.

I didn't vote, but I try not to complain, my reason for not voting was that I didn't want any of them to win :(

After a lot of looking at it Tony Blair actually probably came out on top, but he was only the best of the bad

It's just started on BBC, you can watch it live at news.bbc.co.uk

I voted.... i always have... its just i always seem to be on the losing side...

anyway, its started, lets see how many different ways they can rape me this year...

I voted too ........ but it was a tough choice as there all a bunch of **Cough**

Plus about this tax on this 4x4's ...... if they can afford a 4x4 they can afford to pay the extra tax IMHO!

Okay we know that there are a few people that use 4x4's for there real purpose but we all know that the MAJORITY don't :thumbsup:

I voted too ........ but it was a tough choice as there all a bunch of **Cough**

Plus about this tax on this 4x4's ...... if they can afford a 4x4 they can afford to pay the extra tax IMHO!

Okay we know that there are a few people that use 4x4's for there real purpose but we all know that the MAJORITY don't :thumbsup:

It's difficult to say that - I'm sure in Cities there is too many 4x4's that aren't used for their intended purpose, but I live next to the countryside, and I grew up in the countryside and the majority of 4x4's round here are used for the correct purpose, We went out last weekend and went in my father in laws disco, if we hadn't we would have been stuck - there is no chance we could have got through the snow drifts in my celica

Well we wait again to see how much the grim reaper is going to tax us on....

Lets see how much we can put on those nasty 4x4 cars..... :ban:

Why do they all assume we dont need them for the purpose of what they are designed for...Bet the tree huggers will be dancing around the Apple tree

I could not do with out mine as I live out in the sticks and It proved it's worth... I beleive that most cars pollute more than 4x4, but it's seen in a different light....

Someone coming from Finland moaning about 4x4 in the UK is daft.... :angry: Yes some do buy them for the school run mum but a good few have to have them for there job or location needs... Me I need one for my job and home location. I choose to live in the country as I dont want to pay £££££ for a concrete box stacked on top of each other.. I drive to all sorts of building sites and a normal car would just get stuck and the supension would give up...

Thought that would get a response! I was careful to use the expression SUV to point to the intended usage rather than the off-road ability. I'm sure there are many exceptions, and it's a pity that no system could individually assess necessity case by case. But SUV sales are exploding, most new buyers don't need them for any purpose but vanity and a false sense of security, and they are a problem in several ways.

Of course, the living in the sticks bit is a lifestyle choice. Tree hugging is much cheaper. :lol:

I think that although I may be in Finland at the mo, even if I had nothing to do with the UK I could maybe make a comment on safety, congestion and environmental policy in Europe. Besides, I am a UKadian after all...

why does the house of commons remind me of a bunch of 13 year olds in debate class????

oh, thats because they all act like immature :ffs:

Yep. Tax all 4x4`s another £30 or so. Won`t worry me. i`ll just bung it on the charge for the next car i pull out of a ditch. Hell it`s only 60p a week. Or look at it another way. 1p on a litre of diesel. I use about 60 litres a week. And it`s really going to put off mrs school run .... Good ole govt. :)

BBC News

Read the link.........

The goverment open to bribes and back handers......never!!!!!

i've had to turn it off....

i mean, scholerships to send british students to US buisness schools?

ripping up the countryside for new homes...

I know I was thinking it was boring but couldn't Prescott look a little more interested?? Atleast Blair keeps nodding and fluttering his eyelids. Prescott is just sitting there picking his nose and nails:

budget.jpg

0 rate tax for very low pollutoin tax and 210 for new high pollution cars

Prescott is a pieman .. pure and simple ..

and Blair is in love ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links