Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Ist

RFvitz

Am considering buying one of these and wondered if anyone on here has one? or had one?

They're a jap model, not sure what the european name is :unsure:

Also they've got a lot of bits off the yaris too...

NCP60-0062240%20FR.jpg

NCP60-0062240%20FL.jpg

NCP60-0062240%20BL.jpg

NCP60-0062240%20BR.jpg

NCP60-0042085%20I.jpg

hmmm :D

Nothing like that's been released here in the UK... then again I think we're the last to get most cars!! :lol:

Looks smart and you can tell some parts have been borrowed from the Yaris ;)

Nothing like that's been released here in the UK... then again I think we're the last to get most cars!! :lol:

Its a 2003 model! hehe would have got there by now if they had intention of gettin it i think! :wacko:

Its a 2003 model! hehe would have got there by now if they had intention of gettin it i think! :wacko:

Pretty safe bet we won't get it then ;) :lol:

Yep, it's the xA over in the States alright. Nicer looking than the boxy (I'd like a Hummer really) xB and sharing the same engine, drivetrain and a lot more with the Echo (their Yaris before the new one was released), our Yaris and your Vitz.

Scion's tC is a nice car too. Liking that one a lot.

Yeh I test drove one the other day with a view to purchasing in the bot too far future. Lovely cars. Same engine as 1.5 Yaris/Vitz (although you van get a 1.3 too, not sure whether that's same as 1.3 yaris). There is not a European equivalent of it, onl;y in the US and Canada, as mentioned, it's a Scion Xa (part of toyota (obviously)).

They're lovely cars in my opinion, I was very impressed despite the fact that it's an automatic. Is that the 'sport' version RFVitz? If not try to get the sport one, that's the one I drove, but it was at night and didn't see much of the outside :lol:

No mate i dont beleive it's the sport version... its a 1.3 engine, and ye i beleive its the same as the yaris one.

alot of things borrowed from the yaris actually!! i see more every time i examine the car.

they are great cars i had a closer look at one. i do like them alot and amm 99% gonna have mysef one in a couple of weeks :) ...got a black one coming in from japan which should look sweet!

Can't wait!

They come with navigation screens, of unknown brands and all in japanese... does anyone know if its possible to hook a dvd player up to one of these at all?? :(

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i have a scion xA. here in malta they are imported as reconditioned models under the japanese name toyota IST. Can abybody help me find a user manual for the xA or IST pls?

• 1 year later...

I have a 2003 Jap import Auto 1.3 Ist (it had 23000 km on the clock) Great to drive with its high seating position, but a real pain to park! It has a horrendous turning circle when static, and with the sweeping bonnet its pretty hard to figure where the front bumper really is! I have been driving mine for 2 years now, and as to the question about the screen, forget it. You cant change it as it is a Toyota stereo and sat nav system. I have had to replace the stereo due to the frequency. These cars are very popular over here in Malta. I shall be driving mine from Malta back to Ireland this year and I am looking forward to this!