Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Install Cd Player

Bobbo

Help.How do I remove the cubby box below the cassette player in my Corolla 1.4 vvti Reg 2000 (Lift back body style) in order to install a CD player. Do I have to remove the centre console? and if so how do I do that? I cannot find a Haynes manual that covers this model and year.

:help:

1.jpg1

2.jpg2

3.jpg3

4.jpg4

5.jpg5

6.jpg6

7.jpg7

Remove the three rotational heater controls by pulling towards you. Underneath there are two Philips head screws to remove. Also pull off towards you the plastic end piece of the air control lever and be ready to catch the small piece of transparent plastic that will fall out. This is the bit that lights up when the external lights are switched on.

Pull out the ash tray at the bottom of the console and use the upper part of the hole to give you a grip on the bottom of the panel. Pull the panel towards you and you should find that it starts to come away from the bottom. A steady continual pull will free the panel from the hidden clips that secure it in place. At the top the panel appears to be fitted under the surrounding trim. Place your fingers behind the console panel and gently ease the panel out from the trim above it. You will find it easier to do this if the air vent panel has been removed first – this allows the trim to flex more easily and makes getting the panel out a simpler job.

On the rear of the panel there are several wiring connectors in the back of the switches. Removing the connectors from the switches will allow you to put the panel to one side while you continue.

The lidded box is held in place with a bracket on each side and the each bracket is fixed to the car with two screws – one top and one bottom. Using a phillips screwdriver remove the screws and withdraw the box. The brackets are attached to the box with two more phillips screws – again mark the bracket so you know where the screws came from.[thanks to ae111sr]

1.jpg1

2.jpg2

3.jpg3

4.jpg4

5.jpg5

6.jpg6

7.jpg7

Remove the three rotational heater controls by pulling towards you. Underneath there are two Philips head screws to remove. Also pull off towards you the plastic end piece of the air control lever and be ready to catch the small piece of transparent plastic that will fall out. This is the bit that lights up when the external lights are switched on.

Pull out the ash tray at the bottom of the console and use the upper part of the hole to give you a grip on the bottom of the panel. Pull the panel towards you and you should find that it starts to come away from the bottom. A steady continual pull will free the panel from the hidden clips that secure it in place. At the top the panel appears to be fitted under the surrounding trim. Place your fingers behind the console panel and gently ease the panel out from the trim above it. You will find it easier to do this if the air vent panel has been removed first – this allows the trim to flex more easily and makes getting the panel out a simpler job.

On the rear of the panel there are several wiring connectors in the back of the switches. Removing the connectors from the switches will allow you to put the panel to one side while you continue.

The lidded box is held in place with a bracket on each side and the each bracket is fixed to the car with two screws – one top and one bottom. Using a phillips screwdriver remove the screws and withdraw the box. The brackets are attached to the box with two more phillips screws – again mark the bracket so you know where the screws came from.[thanks to ae111sr]

1.jpg1

2.jpg2

3.jpg3

4.jpg4

5.jpg5

6.jpg6

7.jpg7

Help.How do I remove the cubby box below the cassette player in my Corolla 1.4 vvti Reg 2000 (Lift back body style) in order to install a CD player. Do I have to remove the centre console? and if so how do I do that? I cannot find a Haynes manual that covers this model and year.

:help:

To Londoner

Many thanks for photos and info about removing centre console in order to fit CD player.

Very helpful.

From Bobbo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links