Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra Newbie

Pilgrim

B)

Hi y'all, I just bought a black 3.0 Supra and thought I would join the group.

The car is lovely, black on 18" wheels (275 at the rear!) and everything on it is like new, however I cant get the electric ariel to come up, any ideas??

P.

If the electronic connections are all ok it might just need a new ariel.

Welcome aboard the madhouse known as TOC, full of friendly folk, answers all over the place and generally a good place to hang out (well in my opinion anyway)....

This weekend is the biggest Jap Car meet of the year at Billing aerodrome in Northampton if your interested in popping along, it runs all weekend although people will be coming down for individual days and would be a good chance to meet other members face to face and show off the new toy :)

Enjoy the car, and enjoy the club....

If your thinnking of replacing or doing anything to the car or will be getting it serviced by a Toyota Dealer remember you can save a decent wedge by joining Gold and enjoying the Gold Members Discount schemes (60+ available...)

All the best

Ryan

Hey Pilgrim, welcome to the gang. Enjoy your Supra driving :thumbsup:

Another supra owner. welcome matey......

try taking the arial out of its mountings from the inside and then erecting it (out of the car so to speak). sometimes the seating squeezes the arial its self and it gets jammed. if it works outside the car wing then just open up the top cover a little with a screwdriver or something else pointy :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I couldnt afford the insurance on the TT version (just bought a cottage) so had to settle for the non turbo version..

Anyone know how many horsies I have?

The automatic box is class (my first one) but sometimes it messes it up and you end up with a *very* flat second gear acceleration!

oh! anyone know what a blue spiral thingy does thats at the front of the engine in the middle? called a Spira or something??

Nice ride you got there SupraGal.

P.

Nice ride you got there SupraGal.

Why thank you ;) Mind you, you wouldn't say that if you saw it right now :( Up on bricks, no wheels, half built kit and about 1/2 inch dust from the foam on it... I've removed the rear seats in preparation for the stereo and the door cards are out... door handles off...it's s right state! In fact I'm having trouble imagining that it'll ever look like a car again...let alone that I'll ever be able to drive it :(

So you *wont* be showing it off at JAE then?? hehe.

Anyone know if an induction kit (hopefully the Pipercross Viper) makes the car drink more gas?

So you *wont* be showing it off at JAE then?? hehe.

Anyone know if an induction kit (hopefully the Pipercross Viper) makes the car drink more gas?

I would imagine so...why? It's not gonna be very noticable.... not exactly the best on go go juice anyway :eek:

Erm, no, the car was meant to be ready in time but I'll be lucky if I get it back for the summer...

No, the car drinks the gas like some mid 40s alcoholic (petroloholic?), especially with the air con on (I *must* stop driving everywhere with it turned on!).

Does the club ever do any smaller meets, you know just for a quick drink and a chat?

I spose the members are too spread out though.. anyone from Somerset here?? :blink:

yes we have a southern meet... september time last year.... not sure about this year tho.

Dan :thumbsup:

P.s, thanks for the review B)