Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Out What Your Road Tax Will Be

stevetubbyturbo

Ridiculous...........I really don't care how much mine is (well, I do, but i don't if you get what I mean?!) :lol:

If Mr Brown's idea was to persuade me out of fast (read petrol guzzling) cars then he's completely failed. An extra £25 a year (£2 a month) is hardly going to make me rethink running the Celica (now £190p.a.) since I spent £20k buying the car.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd probably pay up to £500 a year in tax if it meant I could drive the car I wanted, and frankly as my ability to pay for more expensive cars increases, so does the price elasticity of demand, so £1,000 isn't going to hurt once you buy a 911 for instance.

Just goes to prove that labour is completely money-grabbing, with no clear thought process. All it does is muddy the waters and doesn't tax gas guzzlers at all (which incidently are already being taxed through tax on fuel, of which they consume more anyway!)..........they've just p*ssed off a load of Focus drivers.

Rant over, sorry!!

Have to agree, seems to me they decided the changes on the budget an hour before it was announced, the words pi**-up and brewery come to mind!

I think the fact that Brown doesn't even have a driving licence speaks volumes....

I just wonder where my 190 quid is going - its certainly not going to improve the roads or save the planet....

I just wonder where my 190 quid is going - its certainly not going to improve the roads or save the planet....

mmm buffets, foriegn holidays erm sorry business trips and funding extravagant lifestyles :thumbsup:

oh... hang on :crybaby:

should make them live with the worst of what they do to people before they visit it on anyone else

If Mr Brown's idea was to persuade me out of fast (read petrol guzzling) cars then he's completely failed. An extra £25 a year (£2 a month) is hardly going to make me rethink running the Celica (now £190p.a.) since I spent £20k buying the car.

Of course it wasn't. His idea was to jump on a popular bandwagon, be 'seen to be doing something' while at the same time KNOWING it won't make any difference to the vast majority of people and netting him some extra cash to waste. Current Labour government in a nutshell really.

I haven't got a car that'll be particularly affected by the rises and I'm unlikely to get one, I'm still not happy about it though. Next time or the time after it'll be me instead - Labour tactic 2, divide and conquer (ie don't ***** all the people off at once).

I have to agree.......it's becoming typical of labour.....hit the masses with fiscal drag and hope that no-one notices. They know a penny on income tax would p*ss people off, so they go about it in the most underhand way and raise extra revenue through stealth taxation.

A complete lack of foresight. They can kiss goodbye to my vote!

It's by Birthday today and I seem to be finding the older I get the more rightwing I become.........anyone else find the same?!! Or maybe it's just a case that I take more notice of my "Tax-paid-to-date" on my payslip every month! :lol::lol:

It's by Birthday today and I seem to be finding the older I get the more rightwing I become.........anyone else find the same?!! Or maybe it's just a case that I take more notice of my "Tax-paid-to-date" on my payslip every month! :lol::lol:

Wait till you get to my age..... I`m just to the right of Atilla the hun and Sven the impaler. :lol:

£175! Well chuffed, was extremely worried about the 3 litre scenario!!!

:D Thanks for the link stevetubbyturbo.

Really pleased to find my tax will be £175 a year!! :D

Great for a 4x4!

30 quid for my Prius for a year....but zero quid for six months. I'm going for two lots of six months :D

30 quid for my Prius for a year....but zero quid for six months. I'm going for two lots of six months :D

:lol::lol:

You'll be getting 6 months tax for eternity! :lol:

sodding DVLA

Vehicle Colour SILVER

my car is not silver!!!

Hmm, could be a ringer :D :D :D Maybe the original car was silver :thumbsup:

Has anyone not considered that the next logical step is for the road tax they have just removed from small cars being recouped either in tolls or fuel tax. All it needs is for the fuss to die down and people to get used to not taxing cars, then they introduce said tax on the basis that small car, low milage drivers will hardly be affected and suddenly everyone else is paying two lots of tax.

Just wait and see :censor:

anyone read about fatboy '2 Jags' having the last laugh?

his guzzlers run LPG and hence pay nowt! Git :ffs:

Come on ! He gets the cars for free anyway........do you honestly think he'll pay anything for tax? Mugs like thee and me foot the bill for the lardy sod.

Why the heck will I be paying £190 a year on a 1.8 Celica and then £175 a year on a 2 litre Celica...........

spose they calulate it on the BHP...................... :ffs:

Dont you mean Vlad the Impaler mate.... :lol::lol:

Well according to Nancy it`s Sven. ;) But yep. Your right. :thumbsup: Nasty chap with a passion for impaling peasants. :yes:

Why the heck will I be paying £190 a year on a 1.8 Celica and then £175 a year on a 2 litre Celica...........

Suppose they don`t... We`d all be driving around in H***a civics and the like. No Ta.

Gordy you will pay more then I will for my Jeep :eek:

hmmm a prius? would it be wise to buy one?

Yeah! Call me old fashioned but I think stealing is wrong :blink:

Gordy you will pay more then I will for my Jeep :eek:

And more than my Supra?! Makes no sense to me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links