Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Summons

vmail

If you have been in this situation please comment below

I knew this day would come, on the summons it says I have to pay £40 if I plea guilty or more if I plea not guilty

They kept hold of the summons for a few weeks before posting it, I am in USA on the date of the hearing.

I was going slower than the flow of the traffic which can be seen in the photos,

Camera type was LTI 20.20 TS/M & Lastec video recoding system.

What do I do?

are you guilty?

can't do the time, don't do the crime.

tell them you are away .. they may reshedule.

If you were speeding, pay the fine and try not to do it again. It's a lot easier.

And don't try using

I was going slower than the flow of the traffic which can be seen in the photos
as it won't wash.

If you were speeding, pay the fine and try not to do it again. It's a lot easier.

And don't try using

as it won't wash.

I only murdered three kids .. everyone else did at least a dozen ..

Remember the quote form the North Wales police bod.

Straying above the speedlimit was like straying a knife into someone?

(Just before his kid was caught speeding).

I know that this is not an excuse

From the roundabout there was about 10 signs which says 40, this figure got plastered in to my mind, usually I drive at the same speed of others. Dunno why I did not see the 30 sign.

do I just pay the £40

pay the £40, collect the 3 points.

do not pass go, do not collect £200 ..

And don't try using

as it won't wash.

I only murdered three kids .. everyone else did at least a dozen ..

Remember the quote form the North Wales police bod.

Straying above the speedlimit was like straying a knife into someone?

(Just before his kid was caught speeding).

My point exactly. :yes:

Richard Brunstrom's the chap and you can read more about him here

What about the original £60 on the Notice Of Intended Prosecution, do I need to pay that aswell?

Just pay the £40, I believe that £40 is for prompt payment and if you dont pay that, its the £60.... :unsure:

Driving at the same speed as other people is a BIG mistake.... if they all jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?? :rolleyes:

I would without thinking about it, I swich to auto drive mode

Sounds very odd to me. £60 and 3 points is the fixed penalty (no prompt payment discounts or anything), if you choose to go to court and plead guilty they're not going to give you a lesser sentence as then everyone would go to court and the whole system would collapse overnight. Also its up to the mags to sentence you, so how can they predict what that sentence will be in advance?

I'm a tad confused.... What speed did the dodgyscope say you were supposedly doing anyway? Might help to explain things I guess.

When they catch me speeding I'll make sure they have to work to extract their pound of flesh that's for sure. Want to catch me on a technical infringement that's harming nobody? Best make sure you're own house is in order as I'll use any and every technicality to get off.

Just pay the £40, I believe that £40 is for prompt payment and if you dont pay that, its the £60.... :unsure:

I thought it was £60? never heard of a £40 if you pay early?

I think it might be down to the amount of mph you where over the speed limit. I did see something about the laws changing awhile back

Sounds very odd to me. £60 and 3 points is the fixed penalty (no prompt payment discounts or anything), if you choose to go to court and plead guilty they're not going to give you a lesser sentence as then everyone would go to court and the whole system would collapse overnight. Also its up to the mags to sentence you, so how can they predict what that sentence will be in advance?

I'm a tad confused.... What speed did the dodgyscope say you were supposedly doing anyway? Might help to explain things I guess.

When they catch me speeding I'll make sure they have to work to extract their pound of flesh that's for sure. Want to catch me on a technical infringement that's harming nobody? Best make sure you're own house is in order as I'll use any and every technicality to get off.

37MPH

ahhhh bless the nanny state :(

sorry you got done for harming nobody. hope you get lucky and dont get caught again :thumbsup:

...When they catch me speeding I'll make sure they have to work to extract their pound of flesh that's for sure. Want to catch me on a technical infringement that's harming nobody? Best make sure you're own house is in order as I'll use any and every technicality to get off.

How about you just don't speed? ;)

Part of the Road Safety Bill is going to alter the way fixed penalties are calculated, exceed the limit by a small amount and you'll be offered £40 and 2 points, but by a large amount it goes up to £100 and 6 points with the existing £60 and 3 points in the middle.

The cut off for the lowest fine in a 30 limit is 30% over the limit, so that'd put you in the £40 and 2 points bracket. I'm pretty sure it isn't law yet though.

Interesting the cutoff for the lowest fine is a mere 16%(ish) on the safest roads (ie those with a 70 limit). They're also the roads where people are most likely to speed, but it's all about safety and not about persecuting people isn't it?

I'm still confused tbh, but I think you can plead guilty in your absence to that sort of speed. If you want to plead not guilty you can rearrange the court date.

Because I don't believe exceeding that exceeding the speed limit is automatically dangerous. I'm aware of the risk of persecution for doing it and I accept that, I'll just ensure that they have to follow the letter rather than the spirit of the law the same way that they're using the letter of the law to attack millions of SAFE motorists rather than targetting the real danger.

In fact I think obsessing so much over speed limits is far more dangerous, the current message is very much that if you don't speed you'll be safe. In my opinion that message is now the direct cause of several hundred deaths every year.

"Measure what is important, don't make important what you can measure" - US Secretary of State for Defence during the Vietnam war, when he discovered that the Air Force were basing success on the number of buildings destroyed by bombing raids. Its just as relevant here, speed isn't actually that important but it is easy to measure.

Like we all don`t. :lol:

Seriously though. I`d pay the fine and put it down to experience, and be more careful in future. :yes:

In fact I think obsessing so much over speed limits is far more dangerous, the current message is very much that if you don't speed you'll be safe. In my opinion that message is now the direct cause of several hundred deaths every year.

Totally agree with you :yes:

The government has effectively ruined driving for everyone. Because you need to be constantly looking at your speedo in order to keep your licence.

and speed cameras......I dont remember voting to have those put all over the country.....hummm

I'm sorry, I have to disagree.

There is piles of evidence out there to PROVE that lower speeds make accidents more avoidable and also more survivable both for pedestrians and motorists alike.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking any holier than thou attitude - after all, I'm sure many of us have sped and continue to do so regularly. But frankly, we all know it's illegal and each of us take a chance when we do so.

Yes, it's less risky to do 90mph on an empty motorway at 4am - but it's still illegal.

To say it's less dangerous to speed than obsess about proceeding slowly is utter rubbish. When you travel slower you have more time to contemplate avoidance and stopping maneouvres.

We have all, I'm sure, sped on the motorway - but you should do so aware of the risks of prosecution...........do not try and claim otherwise if you get caught. The old adage applies.....

"If you can't do the time - don't do the crime"

I'm not sure we're a million miles apart here.

If you're involved in an accident that you could have avoided by going slower, you were travelling too fast for the conditions. That increasingly has nothing to do with the posted speed limit though, as limits are politically ratcheted down to provide opportunities to attack the motorist (see much of Oxfordshire, A-roads reduced to 40 everywhere... are they more dangerous at 50 now than before they were reduced?) and cars get better. A speed limit on a section of road should be a speed it is dangerous to exceed at any time in any conditions and that's simply not the case anymore (if it ever was).

Driving too fast of the conditions is dangerous and if you do it, you deserve everything you get. The government is keen to confuse this with exceeding the speed limit, which is easy for them to measure and a technical infringement they can prosecute you for.

Unfortunately that seems to have a nasty side effect, people believe they're safe if they're inside the speed limit. Even if that speed is way in excess of what's safe for the conditions (see the other thread about people driving like prats in the rain). That's why I say that obsessing about speed limits is more dangerous than speeding. It's also why I say that its killing several hunder people every year. Before we started this obsession, deaths on the roads were falling at about 4% per year and had been since the 1960s. Now that has been stopped and hundreds of people are dead that would be alive today if we'd just kept doing what we were doing.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, this is probably appropriate here now... thread_direction.jpg

I concede the point........you're right Flat Pack - sorry, I was on a rant generally about people complaining about being fined.

I take your point - there is a increasing discrepancy between the number of prosecutions for speeding and the lack of prosecutions for other motoring offences which are far more dangerous, but harder to tackle - therefore the speeding motorist cops it.

I still stand by the fact that speeders can't complain about their convictions, but understand and agree with the point you're making too. :thumbsup: