Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hodgson Toyota

right-on

It should be on any of their correspondence with you. Hope that helps.

Problems?

Yes. I've posted enough on here about them for now. If they don't fix it this time then it's no holds barred - It gets part-exed for a Renault next month, so then I wont care!

Watch this space!

• 1 year later...
If you're getting a Renault, I'd get the directors names from that dealership now ;)

No problems with Renault dealer up to now!

Car was late being delivered in April 2006, so they lent us a courtesy car until it arrived.

Hit head -on by Toyota driver while on holiday - Renault written off in June 2007, so another ordered. Dealer is lending us cars until delivery AT NO COST TO US.

I have no complaint about Renault dealership - unlike Toyota!

Hit head -on by Toyota driver while on holiday - Renault written off in June 2007

Devine retribution :rolleyes: ;) :lol: .........................You would not have to wait 2 months for a replacement Toyota :thumbsup::toast:

Devine retribution :rolleyes: ;) :lol: .........................You would not have to wait 2 months for a replacement Toyota :thumbsup::toast:

It did last time - car seemed to stuck on a boat somewhere between Japan and UK - we didn't get the car we ordered! :censor: Toyota

Then the car was so unreliable and Toyota service so :censor: we got rid after 2 years.

Renault was flawless for 14 months and 16k miles.

Theres no such thing as a flawless car or manufacturer...

But if you look at the evidence, Toyota are more reliable than Renault based on recent consumer satisfaction surveys :yes:

You've obviously had one of very few bad Toyota experiences

You cannot honestly expect to come on a Toyota Owners Club site and expect to get much mileage in bashing Toyota or their cars.

I have owned Renaults before and have found them reasonably reliable, but only for the first 18 months/ 20000 miles or so.

Renaults also depreciate much faster than any Toyota ever will.

Your Renault was written off by a Toyota at 14 months/16000 miles so you will not find out how unreliable Renaults are for about another 18 months......................By then you will not have enough value left in the Renault to be able to part exchange it for a Toyota :P :lol:

I bought a lemon of a Celica five years ago, persevered with Toyota and replaced it with a MkIII Roadster, never had a problem since, got a second hand Gen7 Celica for my wife over a year ago and again that has been no trouble :thumbsup:

Les

It did last time - car seemed to stuck on a boat somewhere between Japan and UK - we didn't get the car we ordered! :censor: Toyota

Then the car was so unreliable and Toyota service so :censor: we got rid after 2 years.

So are you saying the service from Hodgsons is really poor? I'm having my car serviced there soon. Should I cancel?

I love my Corolla T-Sport and usually have it serviced by Minories Sunderland but having moved across the river I opted to use Hodgsons now.

Hodgsons dealt with my Starlet SR and were very good and professional, plus their parts department helped me source some of the rarer bits (like glaza late spec rear lights - first in country to fit to a n/a)

So are you saying the service from Hodgsons is really poor? I'm having my car serviced there soon. Should I cancel?

I love my Corolla T-Sport and usually have it serviced by Minories Sunderland but having moved across the river I opted to use Hodgsons now.

Don't take the word of one disgruntled Toyota driver to cancel your service, keep it in perspective, go and visit Hodgsons showroom, sit in their shiney customer hub and ask people sitting there wheather they are a professional garage. You cant beat asking somebody face to face what they think about their dealer. Don't rely on one disgruntled owner! Kingo :thumbsup:

Well the service I got from Minories in Sunderland was good so I expect Hodgsons to be at least on par or better! Just have to wait and see.

Perhaps something has changed since our problems with Hodgsons - I would hope that they have taken on board some of our suggestions to improve their customer service. If you don't have any problems with the car, then you probably won't experience problems with any dealer. I experienced problems and simply asked for the directors name on this post.

The problems were not sorted out in a timely fashion by Toyota Customer Services - by the time they got their act together (more than 3 months) we had decided that enough was enough and we would not be buying another Toyota.

I waited 16 months to respond to the last post in 2006. In that time we have had NO problems and EXCELLENT service - but we have used a small independent dealership with only two branches. In the past I have found that this type of dealer give far better service than any of the large firms - no matter what the make of car.

Incidentally, the car was not bought from Hodgsons, but from the dealer in Durham City.

Don't take the word of one disgruntled Toyota driver to cancel your service, keep it in perspective, go and visit Hodgsons showroom, sit in their shiney customer hub and ask people sitting there wheather they are a professional garage. You cant beat asking somebody face to face what they think about their dealer. Don't rely on one disgruntled owner! Kingo :thumbsup:
I have 4500 colleagues - 1 p1ssed off customer can spread the word a long way. A 'shiney customer hub' is no good if the staff cannot diagnose the cause of a problem.
Wrong! Like I said, the Yaris we got was not that that was ordered. We were told that that one was on a boat somewhere between Japan and the UK with an unknown delivery date that would probably be months away!
Well the service I got from Minories in Sunderland was good so I expect Hodgsons to be at least on par or better! Just have to wait and see.
To close, hopefully you will not experience any problems - it was 14 months ago.

Perhaps something has changed since our problems with Hodgsons - I would hope that they have taken on board some of our suggestions to improve their customer service. If you don't have any problems with the car, then you probably won't experience problems with any dealer. I experienced problems and simply asked for the directors name on this post.

The problems were not sorted out in a timely fashion by Toyota Customer Services - by the time they got their act together (more than 3 months) we had decided that enough was enough and we would not be buying another Toyota.

I waited 16 months to respond to the last post in 2006. In that time we have had NO problems and EXCELLENT service - but we have used a small independent dealership with only two branches. In the past I have found that this type of dealer give far better service than any of the large firms - no matter what the make of car.

Incidentally, the car was not bought from Hodgsons, but from the dealer in Durham City.

I have 4500 colleagues - 1 p1ssed off customer can spread the word a long way. A 'shiney customer hub' is no good if the staff cannot diagnose the cause of a problem.
Wrong! Like I said, the Yaris we got was not that that was ordered. We were told that that one was on a boat somewhere between Japan and the UK with an unknown delivery date that would probably be months away!
To close, hopefully you will not experience any problems - it was 14 months ago.

I think that this long drawn out discussion has now run its course and is now becoming repetetive.

If there are no further new opinions I propose to close the thread. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links