Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amps

ho8day

Hi there, can anyone help me ive just bought a second hand celica (I Love It) and im having trouble hooking up my Amp and Sub. Just run in all the power leads and Audio leads to the boot and replaced the head unit with a pioneer. Trouble is when i connect the power lead to the Amp the fuse in the power lead blows, ive tryed conecting the lead to the Battery first and lead to the Amp first but still blowing. the Amp is already earthed to the chasis and ive connected the remote lead from the head unit. ive got a 30 amp fuse in the power lead and 2 20 amp fuses in the Amp. the Amp is a 800 watt SPL 4200.

Thanx Paul.

Why you trying to connect the power lead last?? :o

Not only is it dangerous, but you could give yourself a heck of an electric shock if you touch anything thats metal cause you already connected your ground lead to the car, the word "sparks" suddenly comes to mind.

Disconnect all the leads to the amp, remove the fuse in the power line, remove the ground lead at Battery :yes:

Connect power lead at amp first, then connect to Battery next, insert fuse at this point.

Connect remote lead at amp.

Connect ground lead at amp, then ground the amp to your grounding point.

Only then you should connect the ground lead at Battery

If it still blows a fuse then you need to check the cabling to make sure you haven't nicked it anywhere that could make it short circuit.

Let me know if it works please :yes:

Bing

:thumbsup:

Yeah tried that first off, Ive measured the resistance between the the 12 volt input and the ground point on the amp and its a short circut so the power is going straight to earth, i think a resistor must be blown inside allowing it to pass straight through. Can this be repaired you think? Gona get a new amp anyway.

Thanx for the advice :)

Paul

Have you blown only the inline fuse in the power line or have you blown the fuse in the amp?

If it's blowing the inline fuse then you got an issue with the power line then.

If it's blowing the amp fuse then, i just hope it's under warrenty, cause it's a new amp then.

It could be repairable, but depending of the type/model, would it be worth repairing.

Amp cost £200 repairing cost could be £50 or with me, amp cost £1200 repair cost....:jawdrop::blowup::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links