Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg

Nick SR

Alrite all

I know this will be irrelevant to some of you as you drive round with your foot stuck the floor, which is fun, but expensive.

So i am gonna be doing around 30 miles each way to work, then trips all over the UK in between but not that frequently.

So wondering what you guys get MPG roughly when driving sensibly on a country road, not really gotta go into towns for the regular run, just 60 road all the way.

Just after an idea so I can see what i will lose or gain by having a petrol over a diesel :wacko:

Thanks

Nick

60mph all the say and you will see 50mpg no problem, drive it hard and your in the 30's

60mph all the say and you will see 50mpg no problem, drive it hard and your in the 30's

cheers for that

Just that the SR tends to return about 38 on a run :wacko: was getting high 40's in summer, but if i could get 45 to 50mpg a t sport seems like an option.

only considering it as i can't seem to find anything else which is going to be good on fuel and insurance which looks nice :thumbsup:

lol yeah i think your right there :P ok ok my mum and dads reads 38mpg and they aint fast drivers :P

and thats an a bog standard t-sport

Mostly town driving by any chance? I used to (before modding mania) get around 44 on long drives... I dont check these days ...

I drive mainly country roads as I live out of town. My average mpg is sitting at 40.8 thats a mix of normal and fast driving.

I reckon on average you can get 40 easily but on the motorways cruising at 60mph, i get 50mpg all the time

i agree wit 39-40mpg average. my GF drives hers reasonably - has her moments of flooring it everywhere - and noticable high consumption when i drive it occasionally too!!

In comparison I have a Ibiza TDI Sport which has had a Re-map. It's pushing 183bhp and im not what u'd call an environmentally considerate driver. I average 44/45mpg town runs/cold starts etc. On a motorway run can be as high as 57/58mpg. my previous Bora TDi managed an average of 61mpg on a run to france.

JK

Cheers guys

You've answered my question, a Diesel it is :o

Any of you got any reccomendations for 'spritely' diesels if such a thing exists available quite cheap?

Thanks

Nick

50mpg in a t sport - what?

I nearly always get 33-34mpg, i have seen it drop to 27mpg on too many occasions and the odd 19mpg run :$ lol

Average on the screen in total of the past 3 weeks at the moment is 17mpg!lol so it says!

But i cand get 50 odd mpg on the motorway when i reset it for a long journey!

CB :thumbsup:

naa, you can get it lower :D

Do agree, if sticking to a speed is what your doing (ie motorway) you'll do a high MPG. cruising barely needs any power, its pretty good. I get around 36.5 on my commute (fairly slow) to work, just have to keep it moving and smooth, no pushing the throttle down hard - switch to momentary MPG and keep it above 30 or something :lol:

A country lane knocks mpg off the average soo quick, I am surprised at just how thirsty the Yaris can be, I've had less than 5mpg on the mometary display at high revs in 2nd quite a number of times :D the average plummeting all the time. it eventually comes back though!

I'll probably be taking the Yaris to an airfield at some point this year, will reset the average at the beginning of the day :o ! and see how low it averages!

I have to say I'm getting about 34-35mpg at the moment.

I have a 25 mile commute to work (and 25 back) each day, going from slow town traffic, motorway, and then slow town traffic again.

Have to admit that I do enjoy accelerating quickly - especially when you've been sat in traffic for ages.

Originally I was going to get a diesel car - a diesel punto in fact. A sensible choice for a 50 mile day commute, especially if you can return 50mpg or more.

However, a good friend pointed me to the Yaris T-Sport, and that was that.

I didn't even want to consider a diesel yaris, as the T-Sport had won me over straight away.

Now I know that the T-Sport is not as economical, and cost more to buy, but I definitely don't regret it!

I enjoy my 50 mile a day commute - the car is comfy and sound, and is so fun to drive - people don't expect a little yaris to zoom past them!

And as for having to fill up more often - well its nice taking the T-Sport down the petrol station - always gets some looks :-)

And at the end of the day, I still spend less on fuel than I would on train fare...

I have to say I'm getting about 34-35mpg at the moment.

I have a 25 mile commute to work (and 25 back) each day, going from slow town traffic, motorway, and then slow town traffic again.

Have to admit that I do enjoy accelerating quickly - especially when you've been sat in traffic for ages.

Originally I was going to get a diesel car - a diesel punto in fact. A sensible choice for a 50 mile day commute, especially if you can return 50mpg or more.

However, a good friend pointed me to the Yaris T-Sport, and that was that.

I didn't even want to consider a diesel yaris, as the T-Sport had won me over straight away.

Now I know that the T-Sport is not as economical, and cost more to buy, but I definitely don't regret it!

I enjoy my 50 mile a day commute - the car is comfy and sound, and is so fun to drive - people don't expect a little yaris to zoom past them!

And as for having to fill up more often - well its nice taking the T-Sport down the petrol station - always gets some looks :-)

And at the end of the day, I still spend less on fuel than I would on train fare...

Inspiring

Got me looking at in a new way and comparing train fare to running an ibiza 20vt etc B)

T sport may well be o the cards though.

I will see wat other living expenses i may incure.

Nick

im on 29mpg

i dont drive it THAT hard, only occasionally, i think its more the fact I get stuck in loadsa london traffic

Alan Bradley will be along sooner or later - he has the DFD Yaris and gets stupid miles out of his

What? Did someone say "diesel"? :D

Give the D-4D a test drive and see how you get on :yes:

A

on the motorway, i can get 380-400 miles from a tank, average speed of 80mph. a tank costing £33.

on the motorway, i can get 380-400 miles from a tank, average speed of 80mph. a tank costing £33.

thats !Removed! good :thumbsup:

I would be on an A road, which is 60 most of the way :yes:

yeah it is. lol dont blame ya for not checkin. im tempted to just turn it off it gets depressin

u dont wana get rid! just put it on real time mode and see how low u can get the mpg

thats !Removed! good :thumbsup:

I would be on an A road, which is 60 most of the way :yes:

in which case with sensible driving, ie no rapid changes in speed, hard breaking, windows up, no air con on and a steady foot you should be ok for high mpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links