Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg

Nick SR

On our TS Yves can get the MPG upto 50 mpg - he did the same in the 1.3, I just bring it down to the low 40's :lol: It's not like he drives really slowly either, don't notice any difference but then this is coming from a female perspective :lol:

I've also seen the displays on both cars AVG Consumption screens to proove it too :o

Its accelerating that guzzles fuel, fast.

Just dont accelerate hard, and the next best thing to do once your rolling: thinking ahead, anticipation.

read the traffic up ahead, if they are slowing down further up the road, let off the gas early and bring your speed down (and while your engine-braking your using NO fuel at all) and when speed picks up again, slowly accelerate - but only a bit of course, if you read the road right you dont have to slow down half as much as the numpties that make up 99% of drivers, that are practically stop-start / braking-flooring it along the road.

keep a nice big gap between you and the car in front, it acts as a buffer. As cars in front slow up, you can eat into this buffer while slowing down ...as they speed ahead, your buffer can build up again (ie gap gets bigger) and you can gently accelerate, to a decent sized gap thats not like, a mile long.

Watch lorry drivers, they are the absolute masters of average speeds and fuel economy (big artic lorries, although diesel are NOT economical AT ALL! :D but hey they don't have 1.5 ;) try 16 litre turbocharged V8 in some of the bigger scannia's :) but thats off-topic :P

The only issue is motorway driving is often a bit too ruthless, people jump in your lane and the like if you use the middle one, the left-lane is way too slow and its somewhat wrong to sit in the BMW lane ( ;) ) at whatever the average kinda speed of the road is at the time, as no doubt it'll be 20mph slower than all the BMW's Mercs Audis Repmobiles etc ;) :lol:

• 3 months later...

OK here's a different option (how long till I get slated)....

Micra Diesel SE....

1.5 Diesel which is more than powerful enough to have fun in, 6CD Changer as standard, A/C and all the toys you'd expect as standard and will do you 75Mpg :D

Don't look at MPG guage... where's the fun in that?? I just pop the fuel in it and use it. I have fun emptying the tank too. Life's too short to worry. Your electricity/phone/water/gas bills are huge but you don't start freezing in the winter to save the pennies, you don't strain to see in the dark to save the pennies, you don't miss out on a slow-roasted pork joint to save the pennies. You pay it, you enjoy it. Why are cars such an ar*e-ache?!?! Puzzles me! :blink:

My Yaris T Sport is telling me that its doing 38.3mpg at the moment.

I reset the MPG counter when I bought it, and haven't done since - so thats an 'overall' picture from the last 1700 - 2000ish miles.

driving at a steady speed in the Yaris with the MPG on momentary is usually sat in the 50's and 60's :) I diesel is going to be even better :)

And I'd take a Yaris over a Micra anyday :P just look at them!

Don't look at MPG guage... where's the fun in that?? I just pop the fuel in it and use it. I have fun emptying the tank too. Life's too short to worry. Your electricity/phone/water/gas bills are huge but you don't start freezing in the winter to save the pennies, you don't strain to see in the dark to save the pennies, you don't miss out on a slow-roasted pork joint to save the pennies. You pay it, you enjoy it. Why are cars such an ar*e-ache?!?! Puzzles me! :blink:

bang right to the point!

for what a diseasal may save you, youll end up loosing as its more expensive than petrol!

Drive like snellgrove suggests and you will see nearly 70mpg with the D4D diesel at 60mph.

I have never seen anywhere near 70mpg.

I just wanted to share that wil you all (oh, and I Never look at the mpg gauge either)

A

Oh dear! My SR gets 32.2 mpg :\. To be honest though, thats completely town driving and the occasional dual carriageway burst - plus I have a very heavy foot!

Mines sitting at 38.5 now :D

done over 310 miles and still got 2 bars left on the fuel gauge too, bit scary - I wonder if its just got stuck :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

436.7 miles at 50.4 mpg, and the petrol light has just come on, is this a t sport record?

I got about 340 miles out of that tank above ^^

I worked out my MPG for that tank, was 40 :)

well done there though cmarshall :o

my average MPG is down to 38.3 due to some country roads devoid of much traffic.... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links