Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kyb Adjustable Struts/springs

Dreamblaze

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

(item number 8050874795)

These have come off a 2.0gt. I was considering just buying some spax springs and lowering my 98 1.8SR, but these have cought my eye. Would they fit/function ok on my SR? I know nothing about suspension, and dont want to walk into this one blindly :P Would I need anything else with this set? (or is it what you call a 'coilover' set?)

Thanks,

jack

Not sure they are adjustable ones. (I am sure I am wrong but I see nothign to indicate they are adjustable KYB's) I don't see the dial which you use to adjust them anywhere and I thought the KYB adjustable ones where red/orange in colour.

I hvae KYB struts and they have made the handling nothing short of amazing but the ride quality has suffered. If you want it to abosorb some bumps and want a softer ride just buy the SPAX if you are looking for ultimate performance then go for the full spring/shock setup.

Etherway the price is very good so far, on the auction. If they are genuine KYB adjustable shockers for a GT then they are a bargin as you would expect to pay around 400-450 quid for all four shocks & springs brand new.

Hope that helps.

would they fit a 91 GT ?

Nope only 94+

Cool. well he lives near me i think, i might give him a buzz if he reply's to my e-mail and i can go check em out. unsure if this will help at all as i know nothing about suspension. Oh, and would you think i'd have problems fitting them as mine is a 1.8SR? (98 reg)

well if you are going to see them I would get the model number and check with KYB to see if they will fit to be sure.

Good luck.

they look like coilovers to me- adjustable rideheight.

If you look at the base of the spring there is an adjustable ring and a locking collar instead of a fixed solid spring cup- and i think the dark bit is the thread but I cant quite make it out!

Wish I could get these for a Gen 5 but as far as I know there are none avaliable, just a choice of many spring sets and KYB excel G or koni sport single adjustable dampers )-:

If you look at the base of the spring there is an adjustable ring and a locking collar instead of a fixed solid spring cup- and i think the dark bit is the thread but I cant quite make it out!

Wish I could get these for a Gen 5 but as far as I know there are none avaliable, just a choice of many spring sets and KYB excel G or koni sport single adjustable dampers )-:

Can`t remember the make now. But you can get some that fit the front and have to be adapted to fit the rears on the gen5 GT4. Think they might be the same on the 182. Depends where your rear ARB drop link attaches. I`ll try and remember who did/does them. :thumbsup:

Can`t remember the make now. But you can get some that fit the front and have to be adapted to fit the rears on the gen5 GT4. Think they might be the same on the 182. Depends where your rear ARB drop link attaches. I`ll try and remember who did/does them. :thumbsup:

The Koni's need adjustment (small amount of welding) to fit correctly I remember as I looked into this a while back. But all KYB's aparently are a stright swap.

Nah it wasn`t Koni iwas thinking of. It was JIC These are pukka platform adjustables. Bit pricey though. :yes:

LINKY And they plop straight in. :thumbsup:

awww what??? :crybaby::crybaby:

ta very much for the info folks, i'll bear that in mind- but as i've just built (finished the struts today ironically!) a full set with koni single adjustable inserts i'll be putting those on :lol:

Will bear it in mind if i get even more serious about my chassis!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links