Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Em's Race For Life 2!

Demonic Angel

I've finally registered for Race for Life!!

As most of you know, I'm training hard for this event (this is the reason I'm spending most of my mornings at the gym!) and I will be running the whole of the 5km!

Same as Tegans, its for a very worth cause - Cancer Research UK to help raise money for those with cancer and to, eventually, find a cure for cancer.

This is my second time at this event, I raised just over £500 last year, I plan to raise much more this year, but thats where you guys come in!

So please donate generously, I really appreciate every single penny!

Click me to donate!

Thank you.

Em

xx

5km hey ;) !

How long did it take you last time?

Plus in a few weeks when I have been paid I'll sort you and Tegan out for some donations - keep up the good work :thumbsup: !

Thanks Dave

And also thanks to Ian, Caz & Kev for sponsoring me....

Come on guys, this is hard graft for me! :lol: I'm currently training 2-3 times a week, will be upping that soon to 4 times a week and then going for 5 once my stamina is up. I've been planning this since July last year! ;)

I appreciate everyones help and support. :group-cuddles:

Thanks Steve :thumbsup:

Could I be a PITA and ask a mod to create a sticky at the top of the forum linking to both mine & Tegans posts (like Matthew_McNally did last year for Rach & I)

That would be super if someone could, we'd both appreciate it! :yes:

Hi Em. Well done. You are a lovely person. I want to donate, but they don't take Amex, which is the only card I use.

We use Euros, like the rest of Europe . No funny money (stg) :rolleyes: Lol. Any ideas? Paypal?

Love & Best wishes

Victor

Could I be a PITA and ask a mod to create a sticky at the top of the forum linking to both mine & Tegans posts (like Matthew_McNally did last year for Rach & I)

Both topics pinned - em could you pm me when it's over to remind me to unpin them - ta.

donated as well :thumbsup:

Hi Em. Well done. You are a lovely person. I want to donate, but they don't take Amex, which is the only card I use.

We use Euros, like the rest of Europe . No funny money (stg) :rolleyes: Lol. Any ideas? Paypal?

Love & Best wishes

Victor

Aww thanks Victor.... you can paypal me if you like and I will stick up that you have kindly donated

My paypal email is em@demonicangel.net

(Thats also for anyone else who wishes to pay through Paypal)

All I ask is, if you do, put that its for Race for Life, else I'll think I've won the lottery or something! :lol:

Both topics pinned - em could you pm me when it's over to remind me to unpin them - ta.

donated as well :thumbsup:

You're an angel!

Mine finishes in July but I will PM you when its over and you can unpin.... :thumbsup:

Aww thanks Victor.... you can paypal me if you like and I will stick up that you have kindly donated

My paypal email is em@demonicangel.net

(Thats also for anyone else who wishes to pay through Paypal)

All I ask is, if you do, put that its for Race for Life, else I'll think I've won the lottery or something! :lol:

Em, there will be a bit of a delay, sorry. Amex have changed their centre from Ireland to Amex Europe in England. I have received a new card with a new number. I have registered it with Paypal tonight & have to wait till I get my next statement from Amex with Expanded use number before I can use Paypal again. I think next statement is due in approx 3 weeks. Sorry. I did not foresee this hiccup.

Victor

Well done, Em! You and Tegan are stars! :yes:

Donation, er, donated. :thumbsup:

I now have a blog up too, charting my training!

I'm going to try and keep it up to date! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Must say a massive thank you to the following amazingly generous people on TOC - you are all wonderful! :thumbsup:

Kev (KevMc)

Caz (CazSR)

Ian (Fidgits)

Steve (Stevetubbyturbo)

Kim (kimi)

Stuart (Stu8)

Teegs (Tegan)

Al (Al J)

Al (Alanbradley)

Dave (DaveSR)

I have a sign to wear on the day, to Race for Life for someone in particular - and along with my old work colleague Amy who died of leukaemia last year, I plan to race this year for Kimi, who has been a true inspiration to all of us with her courage and determination. :yes:

Thank you Em

thats really nice of you to do it for me :yes:

i hope noone else on here has to go through it.

i'm sorry to hear about your friend Amy.

i've tryed to keep my sense of humour even though there has been tears along the way too :crybaby:

Next year i'll try and run it with you Em..i've got to try get rid of my chemo fat :lol:

kimi x

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks T & Sarah, muchly appreciated, will have to run doubley fast now! ;) :lol:

Kim - If you're up for it, we'll run together next year - for definite! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Brunters money added - not sure why I'm posting this to myself.... but at least everyone now knows! :lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just donated. Damn fine cause. Lesley was going to run it this year but couldn't get the time to do it. I've lost count of the people I know who are doing something this year. Even runners sponsoring other runners! :lol: Good luck. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi Em

I'd just like to wish you all the best for Sunday. Are you looking forward to it?

Good luck hon :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

The race is at 2.30, so just starting to get ready to go, sadly its been raining in the area this morning, so I hope the race is still on!

Looking forward to it, hopefully I'll make good time and I'll post up later!

No pics sadly, as I'm going alone, and I can't take a photo of myself crossing the finish line :(

Catch you guys and gals later when I'm back with my medal! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links