Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

End Of The Warranty - Start Of The Mots

curriedb

Two days left on original warranty. Third set of new wheels fitted and MOT issued yesterday. Passed OK but tester noted (surprise, surprise) pitted front discs; plus sticking parking brake caliper...

Assistant service manager said he would mention the probs to the service manager...but I'm not holding my breath...given that I'm not going for an extended Toyota warranty - and am not planning on having the car serviced at the Toyota garage anymore...

Anyone else had problems with seized parking brake? Time - I suspect - to get out the copper lube and Timmy Mallet...

Happy motoring!

Dave C

...actually i have noticed that my disc brakes look rather unsightly,,,yes they do look "pitted" is this a common problem with mr2 mk3? do toyota change them as car is only 8mth old...alloys not pitted though they are fine..P.P.

All discs suffer from corrosion (apart from ceramics :rolleyes: ) depending on the severity of wear (surface rust is not included) the discs will either be replaced or skimmed under warranty (my fronts were skimmed on the 30K service).

Callipers can seize and this again is a warranty issue, if your calliper was known to be seized at the last service this should have been rectified, if not you should have been informed why. :yes:

Les

Hiyall

Had my 10000 mile service yesterday (£153)

They said that my brake discs are pitted/corroded and they booked it back in to have them sortid under warranty.

God knows what happens when the warranty runs out and they start corroding, because if they corroding now, they guna be corroding always??.

Anyway, I have noticed my brakes stuck on, but only after I have washed car, not any other time, so I`m just putting this down to the washing of the car.

Nice weather is on the way now get that roof down, happy motoring

J

• 3 weeks later...

the roadster like most toyotas uses crap slide calipers, its basically a common trait that the slide pins get gunked up and start to stick, its basically an easy job to sort aswell, just a quick stripdown and regrease

so to dave... if your ok with the basic mechanics them just whip them off an give them a bit of TLC :yes: make sure the seals are ok too as thats the main point of crud sneaking its way in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links